Cnn Poll: In North Carolina Senate Race, Libertarian Could Be Spoiler

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
In one of the most closely-watched Senate races of the year, incumbent Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan of North Carolina holds a narrow three-point advantage over her Republican challenger, according to a new CNN/ORC International survey.

But the poll indicates that Thom Tillis, the GOP nominee, may be falling behind Hagan because a Libertarian candidate could be siphoning off Republican votes.

CNN Poll Libertarian could be spoiler in N.C. race - CNN.com

And here I didn't realize those votes belonged to the Republicans.

Most libertarians are disillusioned republicans so I guess they were theirs to lose.

What's worse: a Republican you do not like, or a Democrat you do not like. I would take the Republican and forget about the third party candidate.

Thanks for sending a Democrat back to the Senate, libertarian scumjobs. Go fuck yourselves.
As opposed to sending a Republican who will vote the same way as the Democrat would on any issue of importance. Nominate better Republicans or take your own advice.

Thanks for sending a Democrat back to the Senate, libertarian scumjobs. Go fuck yourselves.
As opposed to sending a Republican who will vote the same way as the Democrat would on any issue of importance. Nominate better Republicans or take your own advice.
If that makes you feel better you can believe what you want.
I wish narco-libertarians would just OD themselves and STFU.

Most libertarians are disillusioned republicans so I guess they were theirs to lose.
Any scientific data to back up such a claim? Didn't think so.
More anecdotal, most of the libertarians I encounter on these boards complain that republicans have become just like democrats and deserve no support from them. Do you disagree with that statement Mr. closet republican?

The narco libertarians so often siphon off GOP votes and hand the election to the Democrats that I suspect the whole movement is really orchestrated by the Dems.

The narco libertarians so often siphon off GOP votes and hand the election to the Democrats that I suspect the whole movement is really orchestrated by the Dems.
Democrats are not that smart, libertarians are just that dumb.

What's worse: a Republican you do not like, or a Democrat you do not like. I would take the Republican and forget about the third party candidate.
When there's no difference between them it doesn't matter.

It does matter. The Senator or Representative will follow the party when whipped or they will lose out, and their constituents will lose out, big time.

More anecdotal, most of the libertarians I encounter on these boards complain that republicans have become just like democrats and deserve no support from them. Do you disagree with that statement Mr. closet republican?
Republicans are just like Democrats, or vice versa, but acknowledging that fact doesn't make one a closet Republican, or even a libertarian for that matter. Glenn Greenwald, no libertarian himself, constantly makes the point about how Obama Democratic apologists today are making the same exact arguments that Bush Republican apologists did when he was in power. Does that make him a closet Republican too?

What exactly is a closet Republican anyways? Maybe if you define it we can have a more constructive discussion on the topic.

Republicans run such terrible candidates I have to wonder if they're not being paid off by the DNC to throw these elections on purpose.

When there's no difference between them it doesn't matter.

It does matter. The Senator or Representative will follow the party when whipped or they will lose out, and their constituents will lose out, big time.
And since the parties are horrifying why in the world would that be an improvement?

Republicans are just like Democrats, or vice versa, but acknowledging that fact doesn't make one a closet Republican, or even a libertarian for that matter. Glenn Greenwald, no libertarian himself, constantly makes the point about how Obama Democratic apologists today are making the same exact arguments that Bush Republican apologists did when he was in power. Does that make him a closet Republican too?

What exactly is a closet Republican anyways? Maybe if you define it we can have a more constructive discussion on the topic.
People who claim to be libertarian so they never have to defend the actions of the conservative shits they vote for.

Forum List

Back