CNN Can't Find London on a Map. Oops.

Anyone who's ever eaten a meal in London wants to forget where it is too..and quickly..

Ugh..

:puke:

dude, that's stupid.

stay away from the eel pie & mash & liquor, and you are good to go.

and even the eel pie is fun, once.

Fun fact about eel fishing.

Eel fishing is called sniggling.

It's not important, of course, but I just thought some of you might enjoy knowing that particular word.

I sniggle, you sniggle, he, she,it sniggles

You know how the left are always whining about Fox and how they 'lie'.... well, here's a classic from CNN.

cnn-place-london-incorrectly-on-a-map-of-the-uk-421633783.jpg

For the rest of you who don't know where London is... it's not where CNN have it... that's Norwich. London is further down.

Idiots. :lol::lol::lol:

For those of you who don't know the difference, a lie is when you deliberately fail to tell the truth like Fox does.

CNN wasn't that far off and it was a teeny tiny mistake. Not like what Fox does.

:lol: You're really gettin petty now, CG.

I fondly remember a place in London called "The Hunger Years.... Best burger I ever had anywhere.....

In 2010, 3 of the 'world's best restaurants were in the UK. That crap about their food may have been true - it isn't any longer. I guess Swallow lives in the past... or he is just an idiot.

Oh gosh NaziBitch..don't we all? Past, Present and Future..

I guess you English..are so in the moment. Like your preoccupation with swallowing.

Appreciated..but not wanted.

YOU English. WTF does that mean? Or are you one of those xenophobic types.

As for your opinion of London restaurants, the Michelin Guide seems not to agree with you. Anyway, I don't think the Michelin inspectors visit 'greasy spoons'.

For comparison purposes only.
ukenewzz.gif

Technically, they also got 'Cornwall' wrong too. Cornwall is a county, not a city, and while the 'dot' is in the county of Cornwall, Cornwall is slightly more than just that dot.

CNN - Liars! :lol::lol:

Wrong. It's an unitary authority, and is technically a part of the country of England (ceremonially). Who's lying now? ;)

Ok I don't think you lied, I just think you just didn't know what you were talking about (gasp! but that would never happen rights?!).

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? Cornwall's constitutional status is a de facto county of England, as established by the Local Government Act 1888. In the nineties it it did away with District Councils in favour of a single tier local administration, or Unitary Authority. Primarily, I believe, to reduce costs. Thus, Cornwall is now administered as a unitary authority and ceremonial county of Britain. If you don't believe me, ask the Cornish Office of Tourism. Better still, check their website. It opens with this line.....

A Guide for people visiting the County of Cornwall

Welcome to Visiting Cornwall - A guide to this beautiful county for tourists, business people and anyone else interested in Cornwall

In 2010, 3 of the 'world's best restaurants were in the UK. That crap about their food may have been true - it isn't any longer. I guess Swallow lives in the past... or he is just an idiot.

Oh gosh NaziBitch..don't we all? Past, Present and Future..

I guess you English..are so in the moment. Like your preoccupation with swallowing.

Appreciated..but not wanted.

YOU English. WTF does that mean? Or are you one of those xenophobic types.

As for your opinion of London restaurants, the Michelin Guide seems not to agree with you. Anyway, I don't think the Michelin inspectors visit 'greasy spoons'.

Mickey D's ain't in the Michelin Guide. :lol:

Swallow was disappointed to discover that the British Mickey D's uses British and Irish meat. :eek:

Technically, they also got 'Cornwall' wrong too. Cornwall is a county, not a city, and while the 'dot' is in the county of Cornwall, Cornwall is slightly more than just that dot.

CNN - Liars! :lol::lol:

Wrong. It's an unitary authority, and is technically a part of the country of England (ceremonially). Who's lying now? ;)

Ok I don't think you lied, I just think you just didn't know what you were talking about (gasp! but that would never happen rights?!).

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? Cornwall's constitutional status is a de facto county of England, as established by the Local Government Act 1888. In the nineties it it did away with District Councils in favour of a single tier local administration, or Unitary Authority. Primarily, I believe, to reduce costs. Thus, Cornwall is now administered as a unitary authority and ceremonial county of Britain. If you don't believe me, ask the Cornish Office of Tourism. Better still, check their website. It opens with this line.....

Welcome to Visiting Cornwall - A guide to this beautiful county for tourists, business people and anyone else interested in Cornwall

Gotta love Americans who think they know shit they don't know. They probably couldn't find Cornwall on a map.... as evidenced by CNN. :lol:

Cornwall - a county I have visited several times - is beautiful. Although, I gotta say... the Cornish are a tad weird. :lol:

Gotta love Americans who think they know shit they don't know. They probably couldn't find Cornwall on a map.... as evidenced by CNN. :lol:

Cornwall - a county I have visited several times - is beautiful. Although, I gotta say... the Cornish are a tad weird. :lol:

It's because they are essentially Celts and they want home rule! :lol:

I will admit I misread your "county" as "country" haha. I'm big enough to own up when I've made a mistake :lol:.

edit: and just because you live/have lived in the UK before (or at least it def. seems that way) doesn't mean you know more about the world than others. I've lived in Canada for many before, and I bet you couldn't point out Winnipeg, Edmonton, White Horse, or Yellow Knife out on a map. Most Americans also don't know what Canada's provinces and territories are (or even the difference). Does that mean they don't "know their shit"? Probably.

And considering Canada is arguably the USA's most important ally (def. most important economically speaking), it is sad.

Last edited:
You know how the left are always whining about Fox and how they 'lie'.... well, here's a classic from CNN.

For the rest of you who don't know where London is... it's not where CNN have it... that's Norwich. London is further down.

After watching coverage during Occupy Wall Street, I wouldn't really call CNN a leftist channel. I know right wingers like to think so.

I will admit I misread your "county" as "country" haha. I'm big enough to own up when I've made a mistake :lol:.

edit: and just because you live/have lived in the UK before (or at least it def. seems that way) doesn't mean you know more about the world than others. I've lived in Canada for many before, and I bet you couldn't point out Winnipeg, Edmonton, White Horse, or Yellow Knife out on a map. Most Americans also don't know what Canada's provinces and territories are (or even the difference). Does that mean they don't "know their shit"? Probably.

And considering Canada is arguably the USA's most important ally (def. most important economically speaking), it is sad.

i can find all of those places on a map.....one of the best nights of my life was in white horse .....

It's because they are essentially Celts and they want home rule! :lol:

Oh, yea. I remember asking what that 'Mebyon Kernow' meant when I saw it all over the place. It's 'Cornwall for the Cornish', I think. I have to say, I understand their sentiment. Their country has suffered a lot of hardship from damned 'second home' owners buying up properties, leaving them empty for most of the year, destroying their local economy. Shameful.

I like Cornwall.

I'm happy to admit I don't know everything about every country either. But I can find most of them on a map. But I do travel a lot.... and I do know Europe pretty well.

:eek::eek::eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know! How cool is this? The mighty CNN fucked up! I am highly amused. We will bookmark this for future use when the left melts down over some mistake by FNC, I think. :eusa_shhh:

Hmmm...does this make you a hypocrite for melting down about CNN's mistake while ignoring FNC's mistakes?

Or, does it make the left hypocritical about melting down about FNC's mistakes while ignoring CNN's mistakes?

Or,who the fuck cares?

I know! How cool is this? The mighty CNN fucked up! I am highly amused. We will bookmark this for future use when the left melts down over some mistake by FNC, I think. :eusa_shhh:

Hmmm...does this make you a hypocrite for melting down about CNN's mistake while ignoring FNC's mistakes?

Or, does it make the left hypocritical about melting down about FNC's mistakes while ignoring CNN's mistakes?

Or,who the fuck cares?

All those Americans who come over and will be looking for London in the wilds of East Anglia. :eusa_eh:

Or,who the fuck cares?

All those Americans who come over and will be looking for London in the wilds of East Anglia. :eusa_eh:

how are they travelling? by yacht?

As tragic as it clearly is, I can't say I'm surprised. The American education system is a national embarrassment. Anyway, I can't stand the part of London I grew up in. It's now a dump that's unworthy of my presence. So much so, in fact, that the only people who could've possibly missed the place were the bloody Luftwaffe.

Or,who the fuck cares?

how are they travelling? by yacht?

narrowboat.png

Or,who the fuck cares?

Any American who travels to England with only a screenshot of a CNN map for navigation, deserves to be lost in East Anglia. May they will end up dead on the Queen's property.

Forum List

Back