Aren't The Koch Brothers Conservatives? Look Who They Donate To:

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
My wife and I were watching something on the local PBS station KCET the other night. As the show ended they did the usual "PBS gets it's funding from the following:" and they listed all the Foundations and Organizations.

Well guess what one of them is? The Koch Brothers!

I saw that name up there and immediately thought, "Naw, that can't be the same people! Libs hate them! They would NEVER take their money!"

Or would they?
David H. Koch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Koch contributed $7 million to the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) show Nova.
They give to a lot of causes too, not just Right wing stuff either. And David Koch was against the Iraq war! I thought all those evil Con$ are supposed to be Pro War and Profits? Does that make him a Liberal now?

Yes, I'm a Conservative, yes I watch PBS. Get over it! :lol:

They've given to PBS for 20 years at least.

When PBS produced "The Prize" by Dan Yeargin, I called the local station and asked about sponsoring the broacasts. I was told that since I'm involved in the hydrocarbon industry they were concerned it would appear as a "conflict of interest" (i.e. make them look bad.

So I asked them to mail me a list of the national sponsors. And there it was - Koch Industries.
I called them back and pointed out the relationship between Koch and oil/gas etc.

That shut them the fuck up. They gladly took my money.

What does the Koch brothers donating to PBS have to do with whether they're "Conservative" or not?

Are you trying to claim that they're not "Conservative"?

I guess I'm not seeing your point.

The best way to control a people is to control both sides of the narrative they tell themselves.

Good cop/bad cop.

Is this concept really all that confusing?

My wife and I were watching something on the local PBS station KCET the other night. As the show ended they did the usual "PBS gets it's funding from the following:" and they listed all the Foundations and Organizations.

I saw that name up there and immediately thought, "Naw, that can't be the same people! Libs hate them! They would NEVER take their money!"

Or would they?
They give to a lot of causes too, not just Right wing stuff either. And David Koch was against the Iraq war! I thought all those evil Con$ are supposed to be Pro War and Profits? Does that make him a Liberal now?

Is Nova a political show?

Or would they?

Chris was bad mouthing Koch in one of his intelligent threads.....i listed all the things the guy sends millions too.......i asked him about it.....he said good for him but he still fucks people over with his Political dealings......someone mentioned how Soros does the same thing as Koch.....but he was OK .....he does not try to fuck people over.....Chris....what a dumbass.....

Right wingers are angry with anyone that supports "science".

Forum List

Back