Clinton: Warming Causes Cooling

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
Yep...you read that correctly...

CLINTON: Global warming is occurring at a pace roughly twice as fast as had been previously thought, so I believe if we don't change things by the end of the century, instead of going up four degrees, the earth's temperature will go up nine degrees. And if that happens, we're in trouble here. Eight percent of the whole Earth's freshwater is on top of Greenland. As it begins to melt, if it melts faster, it could change the composition of the north Atlantic and interrupt the normal flow of currents, and ironically global warming could make some places colder.

I guess those colder areas are just the last pockets of resistence to go away quietly from the flawed theory -eh Mr. Clinton? I wonder what he's been reading? And can -HE- prove the assertion?

SOURCE

CLINTON: Global warming is occurring at a pace roughly twice as fast as had been previously thought, so I believe if we don't change things by the end of the century, instead of going up four degrees, the earth's temperature will go up nine degrees. And if that happens, we're in trouble here. Eight percent of the whole Earth's freshwater is on top of Greenland. As it begins to melt, if it melts faster, it could change the composition of the north Atlantic and interrupt the normal flow of currents, and ironically global warming could make some places colder.

I guess those colder areas are just the last pockets of resistence to go away quietly from the flawed theory -eh Mr. Clinton? I wonder what he's been reading? And can -HE- prove the assertion?

SOURCE

Oh this looks real credible and in context. Surprised it isn't a Rush/Newsmax/WND link.

SOURCE

Oh this looks real credible and in context. Surprised it isn't a Rush/Newsmax/WND link.

Translation: "I didn't go look therefore I must impugn it anyway..."

sounds like his voice to me...whats more do you want...you have a audio clip of him sayin git

fucking moronic you are

Al-Gore-Explains-Cold-Weather-701167.jpg

Al Gore could make ppl hate reindeer and santa if he joined a caroling troupe.

As it begins to melt, if it melts faster, it could change the composition of the north Atlantic and interrupt the normal flow of currents, and ironically global warming could make some places colder.
I agree with this statement T. To use my over-typed reasoning I'll mention again the gulf stream keeps England warmer than "it should be" for how far north it is located. If something interrupts the gulf stream, global warming (it could maybe I suppose) or another cause, then England will get cooler.

As it begins to melt, if it melts faster, it could change the composition of the north Atlantic and interrupt the normal flow of currents, and ironically global warming could make some places colder.
I agree with this statement T. To use my over-typed reasoning I'll mention again the gulf stream keeps England warmer than "it should be" for how far north it is located. If something interrupts the gulf stream, global warming (it could maybe I suppose) or another cause, then England will get cooler.

And Whom makes/Made that determination? "Warmer than it 'should be" Gracie?

And what imperical evidence is there that it has ever been different in the Modern Era (Few thousand years, giver-or-take-) And based upon the few Billion years of history BEFORE MAN appeared upon the scene at all?

And I cite this for a reason...I have watched copius amounts of History/Discovery Channel Documentaries that have shown some sort of evidence of records/speculation of the history before MAN (And they're STILL trying to find old fossil evidence of MAN to support DARWIN to this day)...to disprove RELIGION.

Evolution...Remember that?

I see a collision of science here...some of it heartfelt, much of it political.

Thing is here? We still Don't KNOW...

And I'll be damned if I'm gonna give up MY lifestyle, MY Liberties, for something that STILL in my mind hasn't been proven...no matter how many *Scientists* say yea/Nay, have colluded, agreed, disagreed...whatever...

It's still inconclusive. I'll be damned If I am going to stop living for something that hasn't been proven/disproven...but by the day appears to be a pissing contest between Scientists with nothing but conjecture.

While these Scientists are at each others' throats? I will Live as I have. I personally Don't belive MAN has that much power.

And No LAW will stop me from living that life as our politicians seem to have signed onto something that hasn't been proven 100%. The Litigation now seems to go against the AGW nutjobs including CLINTON.

Clinton, who seems to want to stay in the spotlight, still has to PROVE it to me...or SHUT UP. As far as I am concerned? He was talking out his backside to stay in the SPOTLIGHT...as USUAL.

And as anyone would ask? What ARE his credentials for his statements? I ain't buying it.

Last edited:
This really isn't that exciting. To use more words, "England is warmer that other points of land that far north due to the warming influences of the gulf stream"
Really the rest of it isn't that exciting either. The trouble and amount of freedom we're giving up will be something akin to me walking around my acre spreading grass seed in the spring by hand crank instead of riding my mower and a contraption attached to it.

I'm always sympathetic to the automotive end of regulations. Perhaps it will mean having to buy a 200 horse car that gets 33mpg instead of a 400 Horse one that gets 18.

This really isn't that exciting. To use more words, "England is warmer that other points of land that far north due to the warming influences of the gulf stream"
Really the rest of it isn't that exciting either. The trouble and amount of freedom we're giving up will be something akin to me walking around my acre spreading grass seed in the spring by hand crank instead of riding my mower and a contraption attached to it.

I'm always sympathetic to the automotive end of regulations. Perhaps it will mean having to buy a 200 horse car that gets 33mpg instead of a 400 Horse one that gets 18.

Sorry. Ain't buying it.

SOURCE

Real fuckin' stupid on your part. A little investigation would reveal what Clinton is talking about. Ever hear of Thermohaline circulation? No, considering who I am talking to, you have not.

Slowdown of the thermohaline circulation causes enhanced maritime climate influence and snow cover over Europe

The ocean thermohaline circulation (THC) in the Atlantic is generally accepted to contribute to the comparatively mild climate of western and northern Europe. Global climate models (Manabe and Stouffer, 1995; Vellinga and Wood, 2002) and palaeo-observations (McManus et al., 2004) associate periods of weak or absent Atlantic THC with considerably lower temperatures in and around the northern North Atlantic. However, it is uncertain whether such change would spread longitudinally around the globe or would be limited to a narrow strip near the coast (Vellinga and Wood, 2002; Mikolajewicz et al., 1997). Moreover, the relatively low spatial resolution of global climate models has prohibited more detailed statements about possible or probable THC-induced climate change in Europe. Here, we first use a global climate model to perform a THC-slowdown sensitivity experiment, with a weakening of the MOC by about 50%, and the associated control experiment. The two global simulations are then used to force a regional climate model for Europe; the regional control and sensitivity simulations are analyzed here. We find stronger maritime influence over Europe than in the case with no MOC weakening, which surprisingly results in cooling (because sea surface temperatures drop), contrary to today's conditions, where maritime influence leads to milder conditions in Europe. Lower temperatures cause reduced precipitation, increased snow cover and higher albedo leading to positive feedback.

I don't think that a slowdown of the circulation would appreciably cool Europe, they just would not be getting the heat that everybody else would be. However, we really don't know just what the effects would be. There would not be the volume of water in the time period that created the Younger Dryas.

And what imperical evidence is there that it has ever been different in the Modern Era (Few thousand years, giver-or-take-) And based upon the few Billion years of history BEFORE MAN appeared upon the scene at all?

And I cite this for a reason...I have watched copius amounts of History/Discovery Channel Documentaries that have shown some sort of evidence of records/speculation of the history before MAN (And they're STILL trying to find old fossil evidence of MAN to support DARWIN to this day)...to disprove RELIGION.

And I'll be damned if I'm gonna give up MY lifestyle, MY Liberties, for something that STILL in my mind hasn't been proven...no matter how many *Scientists* say yea/Nay, have colluded, agreed, disagreed...whatever...

It's still inconclusive. I'll be damned If I am going to stop living for something that hasn't been proven/disproven...but by the day appears to be a pissing contest between Scientists with nothing but conjecture.

While these Scientists are at each others' throats? I will Live as I have. I personally Don't belive MAN has that much power.

And No LAW will stop me from living that life as our politicians seem to have signed onto something that hasn't been proven 100%. The Litigation now seems to go against the AGW nutjobs including CLINTON.

Clinton, who seems to want to stay in the spotlight, still has to PROVE it to me...or SHUT UP. As far as I am concerned? He was talking out his backside to stay in the SPOTLIGHT...as USUAL.

And as anyone would ask? What ARE his credentials for his statements? I ain't buying it.

You stupid ass. You most certainly will give up you lifestyle if you are under 40 years old. And more than likely, some of your children and grandchildren will give up their lives to the changes caused by global warming.

You stupid ass. You most certainly will give up you lifestyle if you are under 40 years old. And more than likely, some of your children and grandchildren will give up their lives to the changes caused by global warming.

You POMPOUS ASS...How can that be when the PREMISE is a FUCKIN LIE?

SOURCE

Real fuckin' stupid on your part. A little investigation would reveal what Clinton is talking about. Ever hear of Thermohaline circulation? No, considering who I am talking to, you have not.

Slowdown of the thermohaline circulation causes enhanced maritime climate influence and snow cover over Europe

The ocean thermohaline circulation (THC) in the Atlantic is generally accepted to contribute to the comparatively mild climate of western and northern Europe. Global climate models (Manabe and Stouffer, 1995; Vellinga and Wood, 2002) and palaeo-observations (McManus et al., 2004) associate periods of weak or absent Atlantic THC with considerably lower temperatures in and around the northern North Atlantic. However, it is uncertain whether such change would spread longitudinally around the globe or would be limited to a narrow strip near the coast (Vellinga and Wood, 2002; Mikolajewicz et al., 1997). Moreover, the relatively low spatial resolution of global climate models has prohibited more detailed statements about possible or probable THC-induced climate change in Europe. Here, we first use a global climate model to perform a THC-slowdown sensitivity experiment, with a weakening of the MOC by about 50%, and the associated control experiment. The two global simulations are then used to force a regional climate model for Europe; the regional control and sensitivity simulations are analyzed here. We find stronger maritime influence over Europe than in the case with no MOC weakening, which surprisingly results in cooling (because sea surface temperatures drop), contrary to today's conditions, where maritime influence leads to milder conditions in Europe. Lower temperatures cause reduced precipitation, increased snow cover and higher albedo leading to positive feedback.

I don't think that a slowdown of the circulation would appreciably cool Europe, they just would not be getting the heat that everybody else would be. However, we really don't know just what the effects would be. There would not be the volume of water in the time period that created the Younger Dryas.

It's fuckin' IDOCY. Thanks for playin' Fossil...

Forum List

Back