Clinton v McCain 08'

• Clinton

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • McCain

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Nader

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Think he has had marital problems. Not good for a Prez canidate....at least for Repubs. Dems of course can look past all the shananigans of the Clinton marriage but will attack Newt for his.

theHawk said:
Think he has had marital problems. Not good for a Prez canidate....at least for Repubs. Dems of course can look past all the shananigans of the Clinton marriage but will attack Newt for his.

So have a majority of Americans---how picky are we gonna get here? Newt can out debate any lib they out up there and is a true conservative.

Dont get me wrong, Newt would be wonderful. However, the dems will play up the how the Reps impeached Clinton for sex and Newt was the ring-leader, even though he didnt want to impeach Clinton in the first place. IT will divide the country further.

McCain will probably win the nomination because when it comes down to it, Republicans are pussies. Conservatives need a new party.

manu1959 said:

If those turn out to be the choices, McCain no question!
However Mitt Romney has been rasing some money and it looks like he is seriously considering running. Gov of Mass could really give Hillary a good run...

insein said:
Dont get me wrong, Newt would be wonderful. However, the dems will play up the how the Reps impeached Clinton for sex and Newt was the ring-leader, even though he didnt want to impeach Clinton in the first place. IT will divide the country further.

McCain will probably win the nomination because when it comes down to it, Republicans are pussies. Conservatives need a new party.

too bad because Newt is the much better man to represent the conservative platform. The country is already is split as it can get. Bending over to choose McCain so the libs won't be so mad is a sellout--pure and simple.

dilloduck said:
too bad because Newt is the much better man to represent the conservative platform. The country is already is split as it can get. Bending over to choose McCain so the libs won't be so mad is a sellout--pure and simple.

Your right Newt would be a great choice, but like you I don't see it happening. What the 2008 election may come down to is a lesser of two evils scenario. :(

Not good choices. I'd actually take Lieberman over McCain.

Nader? :teeth: :laugh: :rotflmao:

For me to pull that lever for sHrillary, she would literally have to be runnng against Satan. :dev2:

Bonnie said:
Your right Newt would be a great choice, but like you I don't see it happening. What the 2008 election may come down to is a lesser of two evils scenario. :(

I'm afraid you're right but a guy can dream, can't he? :cof:

Abbey Normal said:
Not good choices. I'd actually take Lieberman over McCain.

Nader? :teeth: :laugh: :rotflmao:

For me to pull that lever for sHrillary, she would literally have to be runnng against Satan. :dev2:

In that scenario, I'd vote for Satan, if only to usher in Armageddon sooner...

insein said:

No, conservatives need to 1) assert their control over the GOP, and 2) stop being wusses while in power. But, until that happens, my money will not go to the RNC, it will go to outside PACs (like the Club for Growth) who support conservatives, regardless of current party favor.

dilloduck said:

You are right on. Choosing McCain would be worse, because their policies are roughly the same, but a GOP Congress can more easily oppose a Dem Prez than a GOP Prez.

dilloduck said:

I'd vote for Newt... in a heart beat.

gop_jeff said:
There are a few candidates who the conservative majority of the GOP will vote for:

Condi
Newt Gingrich
George Allen (former gov. and current Senator from VA)

But McCain, because of his willingness to betray conservative principles and attack free speech, will never win enough support in the GOP to win the nomination.

Condi... not in this life time.

gop_jeff said:
Out of curiousity, why not?

Well... even though I think she may be up to the task, I don't think voting America is ready for a black woman to be President.

I think the majority of American's would vote for Condi over Hillary if they were the main choices. Hillary isn't going to stand up well to a election season, too many skeletons in her closet and she just isn't as charismatic a liar as Bill. Condi, on the other hand, only has to explain why she is unmarried - and in fact, I think that might be considered an asset for the first woman president - no concerns about getting "two presidents for the price of one" which is exactly what we all know we'd be getting with Hillary.

Gem said:
I think the majority of American's would vote for Condi over Hillary if they were the main choices. Hillary isn't going to stand up well to a election season, too many skeletons in her closet and she just isn't as charismatic a liar as Bill. Condi, on the other hand, only has to explain why she is unmarried - and in fact, I think that might be considered an asset for the first woman president - no concerns about getting "two presidents for the price of one" which is exactly what we all know we'd be getting with Hillary.

Yes I agree with that entirely Gem. However, I don't see either of these two as the final choices. I think if the dems are smart, they'll try and put a fresh face without all the wild, shrill, looney left, stigma attached, and the repubs, well, I don't know. I just hope it isn't McCain. Because if it is, I'll either vote third party or write something in.

Forum List

Back