Clinton: U.S. Gaza aid tied to recognition of Israel

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
About $900 million pledged by the United States to the Palestinians will be withdrawn if the expected Palestinian Authority coalition government between Fatah and Hamas does not recognize Israel's right to exist, Western and Israeli diplomats said Wednesday.

During her visit to the region last week Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas against forming a coalition with Hamas that will not meet the expectations of the Quartet.

Clinton told Abbas that Congress will not approve funding of a Palestinian government that does not recognize Israel's right to exist and renounce violence. She added that if those requirements are not met the U.S.-funded program under the supervision of General Keith Dayton training PA security forces would be the first to be axed.
Fatah and Hamas are currently engaged in talks intended to reestablish ties between the Palestinian factions that were severed two years ago when Hamas forcibly took over the Gaza Strip, routing Fatah-backed PA security forces.

Clinton discussed the issue of forming a Palestinian coalition with Fatah representatives, who told her that the new government would consist of non-affiliated officials whose chief task will be to prepare the Palestinian territories for new general elections.

She reportedly told the officials she believed holding new elections was secondary to building the bureaucracy of the Palestinian Authority. The Obama administration is adamant in maintaining the previous U.S. presidential administration's position of boycotting Hamas. Two weeks ago Clinton said lifting the boycott would damage attempts to reach peace in the region.

Clinton: U.S. Gaza aid tied to recognition of Israel - Haaretz - Israel News

but clearly you can make them recognize israel by bombing the shit out of 1k+ civilians!

Face it, DavidS... the ONLY solution is to offer palis the same democratic equality and state validation as jews enjoy there AND here in the US where your clan really had nothing to do with the creation of this nation.

Shogun, it's pointless talking to this guy. He blatantly supports genocide... There's really no going back once your mind is set on genocide. = \

Anyway, well, I guess it's positive: At least they're using the carrot... and not the stick.

Indeed.. the problem is that people allow the DavidS types a blank check because they are afraid of being called an antisemite to the point that blank checks ahve been given to israel. AFTER WE SEE HIM CALL FOR THE EXTERMINATION OF MUSLIMS NO LESS!

it's exactly like Charles Bass insisting that blacks CANT be racist. Of course they can. Just like JEWS can be racist and enact ironic state policies that mimic the purification of Germany.

But hey... just as the zionists like to disregard palis because they voted for hamas so too will we see jews disregarded based on electing the jewish hitler back into office. They would not stand for an American Oath naming their aliegence to a White America but won't let the irony hit them on the ass as they swallow Liberman racism hook line and sinker.

but clearly you can make them recognize israel by bombing the shit out of 1k+ civilians!

Face it, DavidS... the ONLY solution is to offer palis the same democratic equality and state validation as jews enjoy there AND here in the US where your clan really had nothing to do with the creation of this nation.

They've been offered their country an untold number of times.

2000 Camp David Summit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ehud Barak [illegeally, i might add] offered Arafat an eventual 91% (after many years - see section on territory) of the West Bank, and all of the Gaza Strip, with Palestinian control over Eastern Jerusalem as the capital of the new Palestinian state; in addition, all refugees could apply for compensation of property from an international fund to which Israel would contribute along with other countries.

And he REJECTED it.

They don't want their own state. The sooner you realize this, the better.

They've been offered their country an untold number of times.

2000 Camp David Summit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ehud Barak [illegeally, i might add] offered Arafat an eventual 91% (after many years - see section on territory) of the West Bank, and all of the Gaza Strip, with Palestinian control over Eastern Jerusalem as the capital of the new Palestinian state; in addition, all refugees could apply for compensation of property from an international fund to which Israel would contribute along with other countries.

And he REJECTED it.

They don't want their own state. The sooner you realize this, the better.

of COURSE they won't want a separate but (not really) equal state, dumbass. Again, the ONLY solution is a SINGLE COMMON state that your racist jewish asses have to share democratically with non-jews. You know... much like we white people allow here in the United "you can't name a jewish founding American father" States.

Palisrael is the only solution for a nation supposedly influenced by the west. Anything less rides on blank check zionist racism. You know it. I know it. The world knows it.

Last edited:
I don't. You can't force them to recognize Israel by bribing them with money...

I disagree I think it would be an important step, but I think it needs to be on paper rather than words spoke in English to Western media!

of COURSE they won't want a separate but (not really) equal state, dumbass. Again, the ONLY solution is a SINGLE COMMON state that your racist jewish asses have to share democratically with non-jews.

We already have one. It's called Israel. One million Arab-Muslims live there and have the same rights as Jews do. We're not interested in incorporating Gaza into Israel. Nor are we interested in incorporating most of the West Bank into Israel. Too many Arab Muslims live there and, although I'd like them to, they're not leaving. Incorporating those two areas into Israel would make Jews the minority. Let the Arabs be responsible for themselves like they are in two dozen other countries and if they can't be responsible for themselves, they should leave the land and go to another country - oh wait, no other country will take them!

I disagree I think it would be an important step, but I think it needs to be on paper rather than words spoke in English to Western media!

An important step would be Hamas rejecting violence for good. An important step would be apologizing for the deaths Hamas caused by suicide bombers. An important step would be offering some of the billions of dollars they've been given to restart the economy of Southwestern Israel. An important step would be to recognize Israel's right to exist without money involved.

An important step would be Hamas rejecting violence for good. An important step would be apologizing for the deaths Hamas caused by suicide bombers. An important step would be offering some of the billions of dollars they've been given to restart the economy of Southwestern Israel. An important step would be to recognize Israel's right to exist without money involved.

Im with ghook on this one. I think if you can force them to recgonize Israels right to exist, it for one shows that they have been wrong this entire time, and 2, this formal declaration will make it easier for the next generation to be friendly with their neighbors.

Lets face it, Palaestinians have a poisonous culture, so i dont see how they can become better on their own at this point; theyve gone too far off the deep end. We need to forcibly give them the antidote if they are to get better.

Hopefully this step will lead to the next step, and eventually they will find peace.

Im with ghook on this one. I think if you can force them to recgonize Israels right to exist, it for one shows that they have been wrong this entire time, and 2, this formal declaration will make it easier for the next generation to be friendly with their neighbors.

Lets face it, Palaestinians have a poisonous culture, so i dont see how they can become better on their own at this point; theyve gone too far off the deep end. We need to forcibly give them the antidote if they are to get better.

Hopefully this step will lead to the next step, and eventually they will find peace.

Well, I guess some recognition is better than no recognition... it just feels fake, coarsed, etc.

Why not? A settled life for the majority would seem to go a long way toward a live and let live attitude. Besides, why give money with no strings attached?

Why not? A settled life for the majority would seem to go a long way toward a live and let live attitude. Besides, why give money with no strings attached?

We shouldn't be giving them money in the first place. The whole idea behind not giving money was to let them starve. Dead Hamas terrorists can't lob rockets into Israel. Just like dead Al Queda terrorists can't fly planes into buildings or blow up Broadway theatres.

We shouldn't be giving them money in the first place. The whole idea behind not giving money was to let them starve. Dead Hamas terrorists can't lob rockets into Israel. Just like dead Al Queda terrorists can't fly planes into buildings or blow up Broadway theatres.
Problem is that they aren't all terrorists. I think it's worth a try...but I really have no problem with Israel reacting harshly to terrorist attacks.

of COURSE they won't want a separate but (not really) equal state, dumbass. Again, the ONLY solution is a SINGLE COMMON state that your racist jewish asses have to share democratically with non-jews.

We already have one. It's called Israel. One million Arab-Muslims live there and have the same rights as Jews do. We're not interested in incorporating Gaza into Israel. Nor are we interested in incorporating most of the West Bank into Israel. Too many Arab Muslims live there and, although I'd like them to, they're not leaving. Incorporating those two areas into Israel would make Jews the minority. Let the Arabs be responsible for themselves like they are in two dozen other countries and if they can't be responsible for themselves, they should leave the land and go to another country - oh wait, no other country will take them!

thats bullshit and you know it. When the latest round of israeli elections prompt the Liberman plan to enforce an oath that blatantly states that isreal is JEWISH it's a fucking joke that you'd suggest israel is a single state shared by jews and palis. Indeed, millions of arabs do not include the entire population of the palestinean people. And no, they don't have the SAME RIGHTS or we'd see the LAW OR RETURN applied to more than just jews.. but that simply isn't the case, is it? :lol:

And, the fuck you are not interested in assimilating gaza and west bank. thousands of state authori8zed settlers say otherwise. Indeed, let's take a look at your very next sentence:

Too many Arab Muslims live there and, although I'd like them to, they're not leaving.

So, then Arab Muslims just don't count in your little zionist agenda, eh?

they should leave the land and go to another country

Please, Dave... call someone else a racist! It's certainly not ironic as fuck or anthing!

:rofl:

I love if when unhinged zionists racists are a little too honest about their hatred while trying to play the victim...

Again, the ONLY solution is a unified plural israel where the nation is a homeland to both jews AND pali muslims.. You know... kinda like what you enjoy here in the United "still can't name a jewish founding father, can you?" States.

Here is America's oath... Tell me, lil guy.. would you be so quick to recite itif I added a few lines?

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; And I recognize that White Europeans founded this nation and, thus, acknowledge that America is primarily a White Anglo Saxon nation; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.[1]

Well, I guess some recognition is better than no recognition... it just feels fake, coarsed, etc.

I'm not talking about the Arafat recognition in English to the West and then calling for suicide bombing in Arabic to the Palestinians! It must be more concrete!

Forum List

Back