Clinton Laughs about Berger Theft...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://drudgereport.com/flash2.htm

CLINTON SAYS BERGER-DOCUMENTS FUROR IS JUST POLITICS: 'WE WERE ALL LAUGHING ABOUT IT'
Tue Jul 20 2004 20:54:50 ET

Former president Bill Clinton defends his embattled national security advisor as a man who "always got things right," even if his desk was a mess.

"We were all laughing about it," Clinton said about the investigation into Sandy Berger for taking classified terrorism documents from the National Archives. "People who don't know him might find it hard to believe. But ... all of us who've been in his office have always found him buried beneath papers."

MORE

DRUDGE has learned: In an interview set for publication Wednesday in the DENVER POST, Clinton questions the timing of the Berger flap less than a week before the Democratic National Convention and two days before a presidential commission is slated to release its final report on the Bush administration's handling of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Clinton tells the POST he has known about the federal probe of Berger's actions for several months, calling the news a "non-story."

"I wish I knew who leaked it. It's interesting timing," he added.

"I feel terrible for Sandy. But I just believe his explanation because I know how much he cared about this ... terrorism business," Clinton said, describing his former security advisor as a "workaholic" who has "always been up to his ears in papers."

Developing...

berger.jpg

Let the spin begin... :blowup:

Bonnie said:
Apparently Clinton laughs at anything having to do with stuffing one's pants............... Or is it forgetting about what was stuffed down one's pants? :69:

I know very crude sorry :dev1: Couldn't resist

Not so crude Bonnie, it was he. Actually, I think he just lowered them, never bothered stuffing or removing. Kinda like not getting rid of the skirt. (Now that's crude.)

Kathianne said:
Not so crude Bonnie, it was he. Actually, I think he just lowered them, never bothered stuffing or removing. Kinda like not getting rid of the skirt. (Now that's crude.)

Well now that all depends on your definition of lower is is is is is.................. Getting punchy now :tng:

Bonnie said:
Well now that all depends on your definition of lower is is is is is.................. Getting punchy now :tng:

We'll go the road, how low will it take? hmmmm

Time for bed. Sweet dreams! (nightmares!) Don't think MM! whoops :dev1:

Clinton is laughing because the leak actually confirms what he has been sweating - he is laughing because once again, he is going to escape his bad deeds (or in this case, just lack of action). Clinton is laughing because the leak confirms that Berger was able to get rid of any documents that would show that the Clinton administration got extremely lucky during the millennium in regards to the terrorists that were accidently caught sneaking across the border in WA state.

The report released today does not point the finger at either administration because Berger was able to abscond with the "after action report" notes. I am willing to bet (and I am in Vegas) that the final after action report is nothing in comparison to what really happened. That is why Berger had to get his notes. His notes from the meeting would have recorded was was actually talked about (action items, etc.) and more than likely, the notes probably recorded information about how it really was just a fluke that they were able to "catch" that bomber. Sure, the customs agent was alert enough to catch the bad guy, but even she admitted that is was "dumb luck".

All this points to the bigger picture and show even further how Clinton and the Democrats in general (read - Kerry and other "key" intelligence committee senators) were negligent in their duties.

Kathianne said:
We'll go the road, how low will it take? hmmmm

Time for bed. Sweet dreams! (nightmares!) Don't think MM! whoops :dev1:

Kathianne............Jeez don't you know how impressionable I am??????? :rolleyes: I dream in technocolor, surroundsound...LOL :slap:

freeandfun1 said:
Clinton is laughing because the leak actually confirms what he has been sweating - he is laughing because once again, he is going to escape his bad deeds (or in this case, just lack of action). Clinton is laughing because the leak confirms that Berger was able to get rid of any documents that would show that the Clinton administration got extremely lucky during the millennium in regards to the terrorists that were accidently caught sneaking across the border in WA state.

The report released today does not point the finger at either administration because Berger was able to abscond with the "after action report" notes. I am willing to bet (and I am in Vegas) that the final after action report is nothing in comparison to what really happened. That is why Berger had to get his notes. His notes from the meeting would have recorded was was actually talked about (action items, etc.) and more than likely, the notes probably recorded information about how it really was just a fluke that they were able to "catch" that bomber. Sure, the customs agent was alert enough to catch the bad guy, but even she admitted that is was "dumb luck".

All this points to the bigger picture and show even further how Clinton and the Democrats in general (read - Kerry and other "key" intelligence committee senators) were negligent in their duties.

Give it one more day and It will be all Bush's fault

Bonnie said:
Kathianne............Jeez don't you know how impressionable I am??????? :rolleyes: I dream in technocolor, surroundsound...LOL :slap:

LOL, couldn't help myself! Did you sleep well? :funnyface

Kathianne said:
LOL, couldn't help myself! Did you sleep well? :funnyface

NO!!! I had this nightmare that I woke up in Vegas on a cheesy heart shaped bed married to..............MM AAAAHHHHHHHHH :shocked:

Bonnie said:
NO!!! I had this nightmare that I woke up in Vegas on a cheesy heart shaped bed married to..............MM AAAAHHHHHHHHH :shocked:

:puke: :puke3: OH LORD! I hope that is ALL you remembered! Quick go for an annulment!

insein said:

OK got a question---if Clinton already knew about this, was it actually "leaked" a long time ago or was it some kind of secret investigation that he was privy to but general public was not? Was this really a leak or was it merely an event that was commonly known to Washington insiders and being supressed. I agree with Berger---it was sloppy of him to cram documents down his pants. I would have much rather seen a video of him eating them .! We still may get to see him eat those babies !!

dilloduck said:
OK got a question---if Clinton already knew about this, was it actually "leaked" a long time ago or was it some kind of secret investigation that he was privy to but general public was not? Was this really a leak or was it merely an event that was commonly known to Washington insiders and being supressed. I agree with Berger---it was sloppy of him to cram documents down his pants. I would have much rather seen a video of him eating them .! We still may get to see him eat those babies !!

His latest response to this mess is that it was an honest mistake :bs1:

dilloduck said:
Berger has said that all this was dealt with last year. Why was this all supposed to be a secret anyway?

probably because it has something to do with the 9-11 investigation. i'm telling ya, he took something that would have shown negligence on the part of the Clinton admin. Why else take the documents? All those things Kerry says Bush isn't doing are the very things that the AA Report probably says that Clinton didn't do and they didn't pass that info on.

hmmmm maybe the 9/11 commission wanted it to be a "secret" until they released thier report. Someone stole thier thunder I guess.

dilloduck said:
hmmmm maybe the 9/11 commission wanted it to be a "secret" until they released thier report. Someone stole thier thunder I guess.

that would be my guess. that, and the Bush admin probably did not want the investigation to look partisan (which is what the media is trying to do now).

Bonnie said:
Give it one more day and It will be all Bush's fault

Let's see if I can figure out how. The stolen Documents happened on his watch, WTF were they doing? Was he on vacation again? Shouldn't he have stopped this personally! What an outrage, allowing a former NSA to steal Documents!

:poop:

Forum List

Back