Clinton has 66% approval rating

Some qualities with Reagan, Nixon, etc.

"child molester" is off limits I believe.

Good to know an impeached, adultering, lying under oath, disbarred child molester has a 66% approval rating among Libturds...:udaman:

Reagan and Nixon were impeached, adultering, lying under oath, disbarred ?

Nixon, for example, took it like a man when caught and resigned.

Clinton, on the other hand, when caught lied. Denied anything wrong.
Nixon took it like a man and resigned?

My gawd Republicans have a special talent for rewriting history.

Some qualities with Reagan, Nixon, etc.

"child molester" is off limits I believe.

Yes...he resigned...
Here's your history lesson for today :

In an evening televised address, President Richard M. Nixon announces his intention to become the first president in American history to resign. With impeachment proceedings underway against him for his involvement in the Watergate affair, Nixon was finally bowing to pressure from the public and Congress to leave the White House. "By taking this action," he said in a solemn address from the Oval Office, "I hope that I will have hastened the start of the process of healing which is so desperately needed in America."
Nixon resigns — History.com This Day in History — 8/8/1974

Yes...he resigned...
Here's your history lesson for today :

In an evening televised address, President Richard M. Nixon announces his intention to become the first president in American history to resign. With impeachment proceedings underway against him for his involvement in the Watergate affair, Nixon was finally bowing to pressure from the public and Congress to leave the White House. "By taking this action," he said in a solemn address from the Oval Office, "I hope that I will have hastened the start of the process of healing which is so desperately needed in America."
Nixon resigns — History.com This Day in History — 8/8/1974
We know he resigned. The claim was that he did it because he "took it like a man".

He did it because his own Republican leadership in the legislature sat him down and said "Dick, you're done. We can't and won't support you. You can either step down or face a trial you're sure to lose".

Nixon left because he would have been impeached, convicted, kicked out of office, and turned over to the Department of Justice for further action.

Not because he took it like a man.

There is a big difference between the Nixon and Clinton actions.
What Nixon did was sabotage of the democratic process.
Clinton had oral sex with a willing adult and in no way disrupted the political life of the country or even cost the taxpayers money.
He lied about something he should not even have been questioned about.
Without being an admirer of Clinton or the Democratic Party, this comparison just doesn't hold up. Neither does comparing it to 'W' and his war crimes after lying and deceiving about Iraq.

"conservative republicans are the only ones that were/are concerned with a president that was a sexual predator, having sexual encounters on the job in the tax payers house on the tax payers dime"

Clearly, I want the two parties that have divided up America turned out and support neither.
This assertion, however, is one of those things that I allow to get to me.
What fantastic and utter hypocrisy and stupidity!
This kind of thinker would impeach a president for an on the job blow job (a high crime or misdemeanor? No!), but give a free pass to their Bushy boy for his war crimes and horrors. And call themselves 'conservative'? Real conservatives obey the Constitution. Invading Iraq was not only an international war crime, it was also unconstitutional. So much for conservatism.

For the 10 millionth time,Clinton was impeached because he commited a crime,he was guilty of perjury,paid a big fine,lost his law license,it wasn't about a blow job.

You must,unless you are totally dishonest,include every member of congress that signed onto Iraq Dems,Independents and Repubs.

But ignoring the facts seems to be a standing MO

Clinton was chased after by Republican politicians, many who were doing the same thing with their interns, their paramours, their whores. Clinton lied to protect the girl and himself. The pubs just pointed at Clinton: gingrich cowards.

"conservative republicans are the only ones that were/are concerned with a president that was a sexual predator, having sexual encounters on the job in the tax payers house on the tax payers dime"

Clearly, I want the two parties that have divided up America turned out and support neither.
This kind of thinker would impeach a president for an on the job blow job (a high crime or misdemeanor? No!), but give a free pass to their Bushy boy for his war crimes and horrors. And call themselves 'conservative'? Real conservatives obey the Constitution. Invading Iraq was not only an international war crime, it was also unconstitutional. So much for conservatism.

Congress had no say?

There is a big difference between the Nixon and Clinton actions.
What Nixon did was sabotage of the democratic process.
Clinton had oral sex with a willing adult and in no way disrupted the political life of the country or even cost the taxpayers money.
He lied about something he should not even have been questioned about.
Without being an admirer of Clinton or the Democratic Party, this comparison just doesn't hold up. Neither does comparing it to 'W' and his war crimes after lying and deceiving about Iraq.

I could argue the part about not costing the taxpayer money.....WE the taxpayer payed his salary, WE the taxpayer paid HER salary. So yes...it did cost us, we were paying them to have sex. Nice......

"WE the taxpayer payed his salary, WE the taxpayer paid HER salary. So yes...it did cost us, we were paying them to have sex."

What a total lack of perspective and scale. It isn't as if he'd flown AF1 to some sumptuous rendez-vous. Five minutes in his office for a bit of mutual pleasure? Really!

Want to compare that to the cost of 'W' and his 'uploving'?

"You must,unless you are totally dishonest,include every member of congress that signed onto Iraq Dems,Independents and Repubs."

Yes, and I indeed do. It is one of the reasons I would not have considered voting for Hilary.

And he's stumping for Obama. He'll have a leading role at the convention.

No more is Clinton attacked as far-left Sixties radical—he is recognized as the essentially centrist Southern governor he always said he was. His wife—perhaps even more hated by the right in the 1990s—is widely regarded as a stabilizing force in the Obama administration as secretary of state.

One interpretation of this reversal of fortune is that the Clintons look good because the Obamas are so bad. But reflect on the fact that so many of the attacks are the same—including a column originally published on WorldNetDaily calling Clinton a Marxist Manchurian Candidate—and you quickly come to the more obvious conclusion that the problem lies in the reflexive hyper-partisanship that distorts the characters of political figures beyond realistic recognition.

Over time, we start to see these figures more clearly. No one is as good as intense advocates believe or as bad as overheated opponents insist. But I think it is worthwhile to note that the more reasoned criticism of Sarah Palin now seems to be widely accepted. And on the flip side, American consensus about Bill Clinton—for all his well-documented flaws—has erred on the side of his moderate defenders. Objectivity is elusive, but eventually something like balance creeps into our assessments. The result is not always nonpartisan.

The takeaway for this current election is to not fall for the overheated attacks—or overzealous defenses—of either candidate, especially when they echo old fear-mongering scripts. Falling for the fever of hyper-partisanship tends to make fools of us all, in time.

The above quote is actually on an article about how Sarah Palin is darn near persona non grata with the Republican Party these days, but I felt the best points made were at the tail-end of the article, in the above quote.

Why Sarah Palin

Given that he's a well-liked ex-president, that's not surprising.

As a rule, though, we always have affection for our ex-presidents. Distance makes the heart grow fonder. Except for Dubya, they all enjoy personal approval ratings that are high, even Jimmy Carter.

Personally, I think it's a mistake for Romney to exclude Palin. She brings energy to the base, more than he does. But that might be the problem, Romney was picked with all the passion of apple sauce packaging.

For the 10 millionth time,Clinton was impeached because he commited a crime,he was guilty of perjury,paid a big fine,lost his law license,it wasn't about a blow job.
Clinton was never found guilty of, nor did he admit to, perjury.

And he's stumping for Obama. He'll have a leading role at the convention.

No more is Clinton attacked as far-left Sixties radical—he is recognized as the essentially centrist Southern governor he always said he was. His wife—perhaps even more hated by the right in the 1990s—is widely regarded as a stabilizing force in the Obama administration as secretary of state.

One interpretation of this reversal of fortune is that the Clintons look good because the Obamas are so bad. But reflect on the fact that so many of the attacks are the same—including a column originally published on WorldNetDaily calling Clinton a Marxist Manchurian Candidate—and you quickly come to the more obvious conclusion that the problem lies in the reflexive hyper-partisanship that distorts the characters of political figures beyond realistic recognition.

Over time, we start to see these figures more clearly. No one is as good as intense advocates believe or as bad as overheated opponents insist. But I think it is worthwhile to note that the more reasoned criticism of Sarah Palin now seems to be widely accepted. And on the flip side, American consensus about Bill Clinton—for all his well-documented flaws—has erred on the side of his moderate defenders. Objectivity is elusive, but eventually something like balance creeps into our assessments. The result is not always nonpartisan.

The takeaway for this current election is to not fall for the overheated attacks—or overzealous defenses—of either candidate, especially when they echo old fear-mongering scripts. Falling for the fever of hyper-partisanship tends to make fools of us all, in time.

The above quote is actually on an article about how Sarah Palin is darn near persona non grata with the Republican Party these days, but I felt the best points made were at the tail-end of the article, in the above quote.

Why Sarah Palin

Given that he's a well-liked ex-president, that's not surprising.

As a rule, though, we always have affection for our ex-presidents. Distance makes the heart grow fonder. Except for Dubya, they all enjoy personal approval ratings that are high, even Jimmy Carter.

Personally, I think it's a mistake for Romney to exclude Palin. She brings energy to the base, more than he does. But that might be the problem, Romney was picked with all the passion of apple sauce packaging.

good grief, you say we always have affection for our ex-presidents then say except Bush..
Maybe you have affection for Carter and Clinton, I don't.. the Democrats always have to drag ole Billy back as if Obama can't stand on his own two feet, doesn't that make you wonder why? I think it says a lot...Democrats are Losing:lol:

We thinking GOP are very happy with the two-term amendment. Otherwise, Bill Clinton might still be president. He left office with a popularity rating higher than any other modern president, I think, almost more than twice that of George W. at the end of his term of office.

Forum List

Back