Climate March expected to draw massive crowd to D.C. in sweltering heat

On what could be a record-hot day, tens of thousands of demonstrators are expected to assemble in Washington on Saturday. Their large-scale climate change protest will mark President Trump’s first 100 days in office, which have been punctuated by multiple rollbacks of environmental protections and Obama climate policies.

The People’s Climate March, which originated with a massive demonstration in New York in September 2014, picked a symbolically striking day for its 2017 event. Temperatures could exceed 90 degrees and possibly set a record for April 29 in the District, which would amplify the movement’s message.

my republican relatives in TN are already complaining about the heat they've experienced in April when it's usually much cooler - and last year's temps kept them inside almost the entire summer

and it's only going to get worse, far worse, while Trump dismantles all federal agencies tasked with addressing AGW

the poor kids, I wish them well

It is good to see people practicing their religion...too bad they don't believe in actual science.......

Dumb ass......global warming was the 90s....the new fake term is "Climate Change" so harping on a hot day is hurting the cause......
Science is the last thing anyone thinks of when you come to mind son, c'mon now, really.

And yet you can't deny the statistics I use from the CDC, the FBI and the actual studies I always link to...but nice try...lying about me is all you have...
None of you people arguing about the climate are worth listening to. This ain't about science, it's about politics and money.

Last edited:
AGW is considered a fact by all the Scientific Societies, National Academies of Science, and all major Universities. And almost all have policiy statements to the effect that change represents a clear and present danger.

While individual temps represent only local weather, when that local weather from around the world is added up over years, then you have a trend. And 2014 was the hottest year on record, until 2015, which was the hottest year on record until 2016. That is a pretty solid indication of warming.

Yeah...no so much......

Fucking Lindzen, he also testified before Congress as to the harmlessness of Tobacco. He is a whore, he prostitutes his degrees to the highest bidder.

Yes.....anyone who points out how full of shit the man made global warmers are is a shill.........and when every computer model fails to predict what actually happens.....you still cling to your global warming religion and anti gun beliefs....

On what could be a record-hot day, tens of thousands of demonstrators are expected to assemble in Washington on Saturday. Their large-scale climate change protest will mark President Trump’s first 100 days in office, which have been punctuated by multiple rollbacks of environmental protections and Obama climate policies.

The People’s Climate March, which originated with a massive demonstration in New York in September 2014, picked a symbolically striking day for its 2017 event. Temperatures could exceed 90 degrees and possibly set a record for April 29 in the District, which would amplify the movement’s message.

my republican relatives in TN are already complaining about the heat they've experienced in April when it's usually much cooler - and last year's temps kept them inside almost the entire summer

and it's only going to get worse, far worse, while Trump dismantles all federal agencies tasked with addressing AGW

It is good to see people practicing their religion...too bad they don't believe in actual science.......

Dumb ass......global warming was the 90s....the new fake term is "Climate Change" so harping on a hot day is hurting the cause......
Science is the last thing anyone thinks of when you come to mind son, c'mon now, really.

And yet you can't deny the statistics I use from the CDC, the FBI and the actual studies I always link to...but nice try...lying about me is all you have...
None of you people arguing about the climate are worth listening to. This ain't about science, it's about politicas and money.

Yes....it is about poliitics and money...the politicians see man made global warming as the ultimate con game...they can use the weather to increase taxes, extort money from businesses, and pass whatever social laws they want...all in the name of saving the earth......the perfect scam....

AGW is considered a fact by all the Scientific Societies, National Academies of Science, and all major Universities. And almost all have policiy statements to the effect that change represents a clear and present danger.

While individual temps represent only local weather, when that local weather from around the world is added up over years, then you have a trend. And 2014 was the hottest year on record, until 2015, which was the hottest year on record until 2016. That is a pretty solid indication of warming.

Yeah...no so much......

Fucking Lindzen, he also testified before Congress as to the harmlessness of Tobacco. He is a whore, he prostitutes his degrees to the highest bidder.

Yes.....anyone who points out how full of shit the man made global warmers are is a shill.........and when every computer model fails to predict what actually happens.....you still cling to your global warming religion and anti gun beliefs....

Ya'll all sound alike.

None of you people arguing about the climate are worth listening to. This ain't about science, it's about politicas and money.

Yes....it is about poliitics and money...the politicians see man made global warming as the ultimate con game...they can use the weather to increase taxes, extort money from businesses, and pass whatever social laws they want...all in the name of saving the earth......the perfect scam....
If you're still looking for your political system to resolve anything you're out of your mind son. Really.

How can people not believe in global warming......can't they see the horror of it!!!! 3 months ago it was 30 degrees outside...now it is close to 70 degrees........the world is warming...if it keeps up at this rate in another 3 months it will be 110 degrees....another three months 150 degrees.......then 190 degrees....how will we survive......

3 months ago it was 30 degrees outside...now it is close to 70 degrees........the world is warming...if it keeps up at this rate in another 3 months it will be 110 degrees..

Your math is solid. We're doomed. Bush's fault!

59303372.jpg

You used Lindzen, a known energy and tobacco industry prostitute. Here are several sites that present real science;

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

How can people not believe in global warming......can't they see the horror of it!!!! 3 months ago it was 30 degrees outside...now it is close to 70 degrees........the world is warming...if it keeps up at this rate in another 3 months it will be 110 degrees....another three months 150 degrees.......then 190 degrees....how will we survive......

3 months ago it was 30 degrees outside...now it is close to 70 degrees........the world is warming...if it keeps up at this rate in another 3 months it will be 110 degrees..

Your math is solid. We're doomed. Bush's fault!
Don't shat your knickers son, the american public will never manage to have a real conversation on this matter. By design.

my republican relatives in TN are already complaining about the heat they've experienced in April

Well, if that's not proof that we have to spend $76 trillion on windmills + other "green energy", I don't know what is.

Don't you know? When it's warmer than normal that's indisputable proof of climate change. When it's colder than normal, though, well, that's just weather.....

When it's colder than normal, though, well, that's just weather.....

No, that is also man-made climate change. Or extreme weather.
Whatever you call it, it requires lots of windmills.
You know, Todd, it is going to get a lot of windmills. Because that is a less expensive way of generating electricity. Same for solar. Economics, not ideology will determine the fate of other forms of generation.

You know, Todd, it is going to get a lot of windmills.

You should definitely build one. With your own money.

Because that is a less expensive way of generating electricity.

Your liberal bad math is humorous.

Economics, not ideology will determine the fate of other forms of generation.

If that's the case, wind's share of power generation will shrink over the next decade.

my republican relatives in TN are already complaining about the heat they've experienced in April

Well, if that's not proof that we have to spend $76 trillion on windmills + other "green energy", I don't know what is.

Don't you know? When it's warmer than normal that's indisputable proof of climate change. When it's colder than normal, though, well, that's just weather.....

You know, Todd, it is going to get a lot of windmills. Because that is a less expensive way of generating electricity. Same for solar. Economics, not ideology will determine the fate of other forms of generation.

If that's the case, wind's share of power generation will shrink over the next decade.
Right, on accounta the fossil fuel/war machine built what we have all on their own, poor sod.

Yeah...no so much......

He'll never win a Nobel Prize, like Michael Mann, eh?

None of you people arguing about the climate are worth listening to. This ain't about science, it's about politics and money.

This ain't about science, it's about politics and money.

Yes! And now the politics is also turning against you.

Have you turkeys ever seen a wind farm? They have big ones in Texas and probably 1/3 of them are broken and the gov has no plans to fix them!

Right, on accounta the fossil fuel/war machine built what we have all on their own, poor sod.

Right, on accounta the fossil fuel/war machine

Fossil fuels are cheap and reliable.

Yes....and they don't generate anywhere near the energy of oil, coal, and natural gas and aren't even close to being as reliable in all weather conditions........get back to us when they do...
Now dumb fuck, they have only been a major factor in generation for about two decades. And we are adding new windfarms now on an almost weekly basis, a new utility scale solar installation every month. And no new coal fired plants.

In the meantime, as we post, Tesla and others are producing grid scale batteries that will make wind and solar 24/7.

Not when you must occupy the planet militarily to float the illusion.

Hopefully we'll be drilling in ANWR soon.

Hopefully we'll be drilling in ANWR soon.
Oh I'd say you can most likely count on that, drill away, please, drill everywhere.

Have you turkeys ever seen a wind farm? They have big ones in Texas and probably 1/3 of them are broken and the gov has no plans to fix them!
Why yes, every time I go the Eastern Oregon, I see thousands of wind mills. And, unless there is a surplus of energy, almost all of them are working. So why don't you link us something that backs up your 'observation'?

Forum List

Back