Climate March expected to draw massive crowd to D.C. in sweltering heat

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011
On what could be a record-hot day, tens of thousands of demonstrators are expected to assemble in Washington on Saturday. Their large-scale climate change protest will mark President Trump’s first 100 days in office, which have been punctuated by multiple rollbacks of environmental protections and Obama climate policies.

The People’s Climate March, which originated with a massive demonstration in New York in September 2014, picked a symbolically striking day for its 2017 event. Temperatures could exceed 90 degrees and possibly set a record for April 29 in the District, which would amplify the movement’s message.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/climate-march-expected-to-draw-massive-crowd-to-dc-in-sweltering-heat/2017/04/28/1bdf5e66-2c3a-11e7-b605-33413c691853_story.html?utm_term=.6e5a669eebbb

my republican relatives in TN are already complaining about the heat they've experienced in April when it's usually much cooler - and last year's temps kept them inside almost the entire summer

and it's only going to get worse, far worse, while Trump dismantles all federal agencies tasked with addressing AGW

the poor kids, I wish them well

On what could be a record-hot day, tens of thousands of demonstrators are expected to assemble in Washington on Saturday. Their large-scale climate change protest will mark President Trump’s first 100 days in office, which have been punctuated by multiple rollbacks of environmental protections and Obama climate policies.

The People’s Climate March, which originated with a massive demonstration in New York in September 2014, picked a symbolically striking day for its 2017 event. Temperatures could exceed 90 degrees and possibly set a record for April 29 in the District, which would amplify the movement’s message.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...3413c691853_story.html?utm_term=.6e5a669eebbb
my republican relatives in TN are already complaining about the heat they've experienced in April when it's usually much cooler - and last year's temps kept them inside almost the entire summer

and it's only going to get worse, far worse, while Trump dismantles all federal agencies tasked with addressing AGW

my republican relatives in TN are already complaining about the heat they've experienced in April

Well, if that's not proof that we have to spend $76 trillion on windmills + other "green energy", I don't know what is.

my republican relatives in TN are already complaining about the heat they've experienced in April

Well, if that's not proof that we have to spend $76 trillion on windmills + other "green energy", I don't know what is.

Don't you know? When it's warmer than normal that's indisputable proof of climate change. When it's colder than normal, though, well, that's just weather.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...3413c691853_story.html?utm_term=.6e5a669eebbb

It is good to see people practicing their religion...too bad they don't believe in actual science.......

Dumb ass......global warming was the 90s....the new fake term is "Climate Change" so harping on a hot day is hurting the cause......

Don't you know? When it's warmer than normal that's indisputable proof of climate change. When it's colder than normal, though, well, that's just weather.....

When it's colder than normal, though, well, that's just weather.....

No, that is also man-made climate change. Or extreme weather.
Whatever you call it, it requires lots of windmills.

AGW is considered a fact by all the Scientific Societies, National Academies of Science, and all major Universities. And almost all have policiy statements to the effect that change represents a clear and present danger.

While individual temps represent only local weather, when that local weather from around the world is added up over years, then you have a trend. And 2014 was the hottest year on record, until 2015, which was the hottest year on record until 2016. That is a pretty solid indication of warming.

Drumpf and the Republicans in Congress are the real threat to humanity right now. Denial of reality doesn't change that reality.

How can people not believe in global warming......can't they see the horror of it!!!! 3 months ago it was 30 degrees outside...now it is close to 70 degrees........the world is warming...if it keeps up at this rate in another 3 months it will be 110 degrees....another three months 150 degrees.......then 190 degrees....how will we survive......

AGW is considered a fact by all the Scientific Societies, National Academies of Science, and all major Universities. And almost all have policiy statements to the effect that change represents a clear and present danger.

While individual temps represent only local weather, when that local weather from around the world is added up over years, then you have a trend. And 2014 was the hottest year on record, until 2015, which was the hottest year on record until 2016. That is a pretty solid indication of warming.

Yes....they all want government grant money, book deals and awards.....got it. Now....what they need to do is actually look at the science...

You know, Todd, it is going to get a lot of windmills. Because that is a less expensive way of generating electricity. Same for solar. Economics, not ideology will determine the fate of other forms of generation.

Yeah...no so much....

You know, Todd, it is going to get a lot of windmills. Because that is a less expensive way of generating electricity. Same for solar. Economics, not ideology will determine the fate of other forms of generation.

Yes....and they don't generate anywhere near the energy of oil, coal, and natural gas and aren't even close to being as reliable in all weather conditions........get back to us when they do...

Yeah...no so much......

Well, hope they stay hydrated. Heat kills you know.

Yes....they all want government grant money, book deals and awards.....got it. Now....what they need to do is actually look at the science...
My, you are one fucking dumb ignoramus. The scientists that are keeping track of the changes in the climate, a response to global warming, are from ever nation in the world with advanced education. The Japanese, Danes, Russians, Chinese, and the EU scientists are all seeing the same thing.

But, I don't want to alarm you, so keep that little tin hat on real tight. Because you are proposing a world wide conspiracy among scientists from every nation and culture in the world.

My, you are one fucking dumb ignoramus. The scientists that are keeping track of the changes in the climate, a response to global warming, are from ever nation in the world with advanced education. The Japanese, Danes, Russians, Chinese, and the EU scientists are all seeing the same thing.

But, I don't want to alarm you, so keep that little tin hat on real tight. Because you are proposing a world wide conspiracy among scientists from every nation and culture in the world.

Yeah...tell us about the monitoring stations around the world......please....

They are all reading the same fucking report from the politically motivated scientists who keep lying about the data.....

Denver is slated for a foot of snow today and it may not break 50 degrees here. Maybe they can read science tarot cards?

It is good to see people practicing their religion...too bad they don't believe in actual science.......

Dumb ass......global warming was the 90s....the new fake term is "Climate Change" so harping on a hot day is hurting the cause......
Science is the last thing anyone thinks of when you come to mind son, c'mon now, really.

Science is the last thing anyone thinks of when you come to mind son, c'mon now, really.

And yet you can't deny the statistics I use from the CDC, the FBI and the actual studies I always link to...but nice try...lying about me is all you have...

Yeah...no so much......

Fucking Lindzen, he also testified before Congress as to the harmlessness of Tobacco. He is a whore, he prostitutes his degrees to the highest bidder.

Forum List

Back