Climate Change Obsession Is a Real Mental Disorder

This is an opinion piece. Lets' be clear.

If heat waves were as deadly as the press proclaims, Homo sapiens couldn’t have survived thousands of years without air conditioning. Yet here were are. Humans have shown remarkable resilience and adaptation—at least until modern times, when half of society lost its cool over climate change.

The article then goes on to describe some interesting circumstances.

Here is a piece of the article:

The New Yorker magazine earlier this month published a 4,400-word piece titled “What to Do With Climate Emotions” by Jia Tolentino, a woman in the throes of such neurosis. “It may be impossible to seriously consider the reality of climate change for longer than ninety seconds without feeling depressed, angry, guilty, grief-stricken, or simply insane,” Ms. Tolentino writes.

“A couple of years ago, reading a climate report on my phone in the early hours of the morning, I went into a standard-issue emotional spiral thinking about it all,” she recalls. “We had also recently had a baby, whose carbon footprint likely already exceeded that of entire villages in Burundi. I was playing whack-a-mole with my consumer desires.”

Ms. Tolentino goes on to describe how climate therapists can help patients cope. “The goal is not to resolve the intrusive feeling and put it away” but, as one therapist advises her, “to aim for a middle ground of sustainable distress.” Even the climate left’s despair must be “sustainable.”

Amazing. We are adding to the already stressed.

A "mental disorder"???
When people will say anything... no matter how fucking stupid.

I was tested at age 23 with an IQ score of 140. And I am very aware of the affects we are experiencing due to Climate Change and Global Warming. While I barely meet the Mensa level, if I were to join, I would carry the coffee and biscuits for the really smart ones.

You obviously don't meet the Mensa Level to join so your slight is saying that those that deny global warming and climate warming are like you, IQ of 75 or less.
Most Climate Change Cultists are idiots who believe that they are geniuses LMAO
Man Made Climate Change is a weak hypothesis that is used to frighten dumb people into accepting totalitarian government.

Stop with the contributing to the problem. While we won't completely shut our garbage down, we can at least minimize the damage and work to do things like rebuild the Amazon Forest, amongst other things. And you can stop crying so damned loud when you think the contribution others do affects your pathetic life.

I agree. There are certainly worthy solutions that everyone can agree on regardless of where their beliefs stand on this issue.

Stop with the contributing to the problem. While we won't completely shut our garbage down, we can at least minimize the damage and work to do things like rebuild the Amazon Forest, amongst other things. And you can stop crying so damned loud when you think the contribution others do affects your pathetic life.

Nice thoughts but all the recycling and all the solar panels and wind farms in the world aren't making a damn bit of difference. People to embrace reality once in a while.

Most Climate Change Cultists are idiots who believe that they are geniuses LMAO
Man Made Climate Change is a weak hypothesis that is used to frighten dumb people into accepting totalitarian government.

We just went through 45 days of 100 degree or more. It's 98 right now so that trend was finally broken. When this area gets this hot, the snow pack that should last until late in the year and have a surplus loses that surplus. So the pack has shrunken and the waters in the lower country (Phoenix and LA) run short as the various reservoirs continue to go down.

Edit) Also the super hot temps cause the water in the clouds move to other locations and you get floods. What we get are forest fires, really big one. You see, with the temps that high and not fluctuating enough during the 24 hour period, the Forest Fires get less of a rest and are much worse.

Nice thoughts but all the recycling and all the solar panels and wind farms in the world aren't making a damn bit of difference. People to embrace reality more often.

And what do you think that "Reality" is?

And what do you think that "Reality" is?
Reality is the earth's climate has been going through warming and cooling cycles since long before humans ever existed. Don't blame men taming fire for melting all the glaciers in the most recent Ice Age.

The glaciers that melt will upset balance in the sea and its not a good thing
Oh yeah, you drank the Kool Aid and think Bill Nye is cool.

It's about control, moron.

Control of everything, that is all.

You signing onto that garbage means you're OK with these climate people taxing you for the air you breathe

and starving millions to death. Their ultimate goal is depopulation.

The climate voodoo is just a vehicle to move things in that direction.

We just went through 45 days of 100 degree or more. It's 98 right now so that trend was finally broken. When this area gets this hot, the snow pack that should last until late in the year and have a surplus loses that surplus. So the pack has shrunken and the waters in the lower country (Phoenix and LA) run short as the various reservoirs continue to go down.

Edit) Also the super hot temps cause the water in the clouds move to other locations and you get floods. What we get are forest fires, really big one. You see, with the temps that high and not fluctuating enough during the 24 hour period, the Forest Fires get less of a rest and are much worse.
climatechangeidiotslmao.jpg

Oh dood! That's longknife here. If he still is here.

Has not posted since 2019? :(

Reality is the earth's climate has been going through warming and cooling cycles since long before humans ever existed. Don't blame men taming fire for melting all the glaciers in the most recent Ice Age.

Prevent Forest Fires before Forest Fires prevent you. The Industrial Revolution left much of the West in Tatters until MAN decided to start cleaning it up. We have come a very long ways but not enough. You forget that Mother Nature exists and she's one really pissed off Lady.

What is the difference between sea water and water that melts from a glacier that ends up in the sea?
What's the difference between having meat to eat and not? :rolleyes-41:

Actually glacier water would not be as salinated. And-?

It matters

You've been duped. Fix that.

I'll lay it out for ya plain and simple, brah:

To think man can affect weather in any kind of meaningful way is the epitome of ignorance and arrogance.

The weather is going to do what it wants to, and man cannot do a damn thing about it. It's just a fact of life.

deal-with-it-cat.gif

Last edited:
This is an opinion piece. Lets' be clear.
nion piece. Lets' be clear.

Amazing. We are adding to the already stressed.
Sigh.

The oceans are getting warmer

And as the water warms its ability to hold oxygen diminishes.
Water in the Keys recently was over 100 degrees.

Take the oxygen out and water cannot support life.
When the massive kills start the food supplies for 70-80% of the planet will shrink dramatically.
When the food supplies shrink, the wars will start.
When the wars start, we will end.

But you just go on being you.

You've been duped. Fix that.

I'll lay it out for ya plain and simple, brah:

To think man can affect weather in any kind of meaningful way is the epitome of ignorance and arrogance.

The weather is going to do what it wants to, and man cannot do a damn thing about it. It's just a fact of life.

deal-with-it-cat.gif
Weather is not climate
and
during 2020 when everything was shut down the rate of change diminished so
yeah
Humans can indeed affect the weather.

Prevent Forest Fires before Forest Fires prevent you. The Industrial Revolution left much of the West in Tatters until MAN decided to start cleaning it up. We have come a very long ways but not enough. You forget that Mother Nature exists and she's one really pissed off Lady.

I'll go with in recent human history the planet was a giant icebox and woolly mammoths roamed the earth's glaciers as far south as today's Los Angeles. Why did the earth warm up so much in such a short time? Were humans what caused it or was it natural volcanic and solar activity?

Forum List

Back