Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

It wasn't a toy gun, it was a pellet gun. You go around pointing a gun at people, don't be surprised if someone shoots you.

First resort, last resort? Was the cop supposed to wait until the kid actually shot him first?
Which pellet gun was it?

bb-gun-tamir.jpg
Ah yes.. one of those low fps co2 pistols that are good for plinking might even be able to kill a large cricket if you were up close to it.

Actually, used for killing small game. It's not a toy, it's a .177-caliber gun.
Yeah small game like... large crickets. ROFL gun... ROFL... There's more killing power in a typical sling shot than one of these toy bb guns. FYI .177 is size of bbs.. You know the stuff the red ryder bb gun shoots. This pistol is not a high powered air rifle.

Makes no difference how powerful it is. I was shot with a .22 once and the bullet literally bounced off of me. Took a nice nip of flesh, left a nice bruise. But police found the slug laying on the pavement. Yet if I didn't have a permit, carrying a .22 would be a felony. Oh, and slingshots are deadly too.

It also doesn't matter if the gun was a complete replica that didn't fire any rounds at all. Police had no way of knowing. You reach for what certainly appears to be a possible deadly weapon, you are asking to get shot.

It wasn't a toy gun, it was a pellet gun. You go around pointing a gun at people, don't be surprised if someone shoots you.

First resort, last resort? Was the cop supposed to wait until the kid actually shot him first?

Of course not shooting first before knowing the situation is always the best course of action :rolleyes:

The situation was that a subject was reaching for a gun.
No that's not a gun. That's a toy.

Toys don't fire live rounds first of all. Second of all, even if it was a toy, the police had no way of knowing that when he reached for it.
Well they could've asked him before killing him no?

I am sure they would have if he didn't reach for the gun first.

Ah yes.. one of those low fps co2 pistols that are good for plinking might even be able to kill a large cricket if you were up close to it.

Yeah small game like... large crickets. ROFL gun... ROFL... There's more killing power in a typical sling shot than one of these toy bb guns. FYI .177 is size of bbs.. You know the stuff the red ryder bb gun shoots. This pistol is not a high powered air rifle.

Red Rider BB guns have been responsible for an untold number of killings of white kids who point them like...like a gun

You go around pointing a gun at people, you are asking to get shot. I don't care what color you are.

I notice a pattern here...

There has never been a reason NOT to shoot a black man, boy or child. Every case...EVERYONE is "justified" even if the Man is a 12 year old boy and the gun is a toy and the officer jumps out and shoots without warning. The common reply seems to be that blacks need to not have a gun..no wait, listen to commands...no wait....Just stay inside, I guess

Has nothing to do with race. Don't want to get shot? Don't go around pointing guns at people.

Yeah playing with guns is a new black thing that gets people shot even if they dont point the toy gun at the shooter...you could never be too careful so blast away first.

I mean, who plays with guns anyway? Oh yeah everyone...

Who gets shot for it? Blacks...this kid and the guy walking in Walmart with a gun they sell themselves.

But you never can be too sure so like I said...just shoot

The WalMart shooting was totally unjustified and the cop should have been indicted in that case.

But he wasnt....see the pattern? Its open season on black males armed or unarmed doesnt even matter anymore...everyone gets off

I was beaten in the head and torso and tased 11 times on my own front porch over a noise complaint. I am white. The race card holds no credit with me.

There has never been a reason NOT to shoot a black man, boy or child. Every case...EVERYONE is "justified" even if the Man is a 12 year old boy and the gun is a toy and the officer jumps out and shoots without warning. The common reply seems to be that blacks need to not have a gun..no wait, listen to commands...no wait....Just stay inside, I guess

Has nothing to do with race. Don't want to get shot? Don't go around pointing guns at people.

Yeah playing with guns is a new black thing that gets people shot even if they dont point the toy gun at the shooter...you could never be too careful so blast away first.

Who gets shot for it? Blacks...this kid and the guy walking in Walmart with a gun they sell themselves.

The WalMart shooting was totally unjustified and the cop should have been indicted in that case.
No difference in this case either. The cops rolled up shooting.

No they didn't. They rolled up, the kid walked over to them and reached for a gun.

Makes no difference how powerful it is. I was shot with a .22 once and the bullet literally bounced off of me. Took a nice nip of flesh, left a nice bruise. But police found the slug laying on the pavement. Yet if I didn't have a permit, carrying a .22 would be a felony. Oh, and slingshots are deadly too.

It also doesn't matter if the gun was a complete replica that didn't fire any rounds at all. Police had no way of knowing. You reach for what certainly appears to be a possible deadly weapon, you are asking to get shot.
I reach for my guns all the time never asked to be shot. But I guess if you consider cops a dangerous animal that has to be treated as a potential killer, yeah you've got a point. We should all put our hands up and bend over in fealty every time a cop walks by lest he get scared and kill us.

No they didn't. They rolled up, the kid walked over to them and reached for a gun.
No it was a toy. And no they rolled up shooting.. they got there and as soon as that cop could he killed that boy. Would be good to see the video in real time vs. time compressed.

But he wasnt....see the pattern? Its open season on black males armed or unarmed doesnt even matter anymore...everyone gets off

I was beaten in the head and torso and tased 11 times on my own front porch over a noise complaint. I am white. The race card holds no credit with me.

Yet here you are...breathing

Of course not shooting first before knowing the situation is always the best course of action :rolleyes:

Toys don't fire live rounds first of all. Second of all, even if it was a toy, the police had no way of knowing that when he reached for it.

Yeah but the cops reached first right? Gun was in hand ready to shoot no? Yeah I call BS. That cop pissed his pants and pulled the trigger at the ___er.

None of this has anything to do with the toy he was carrying.

It has to do with cops driving right up on someone they claimed was armed and dangerous, and shooting that person as a first resort rather than last resort.

You don't know that.

The video shows he raised his shirt to show it was a BB gun. The cop may have had reason to pull his weapon, but pulling the trigger twice before the kid pulled the gun & pointed it was clearly wrong. Police train on this in simulators and this was clearly a bad shoot. If the gun was a toy with an orange tip, the cop would not have seen it before he shot, because the BB gun was still in the kids waste band. The cop fucked up big time & should be fired.

I reach for my guns all the time never asked to be shot. But I guess if you consider cops a dangerous animal that has to be treated as a potential killer, yeah you've got a point. We should all put our hands up and bend over in fealty every time a cop walks by lest he get scared and kill us.

Cop or no cop, you reach for a gun in front of me, for no good reason, I will shoot you before you shoot me. Believe it.

No it was a toy. And no they rolled up shooting.. they got there and as soon as that cop could he killed that boy. Would be good to see the video in real time vs. time compressed.

The full video is out there. About 6 mins long. I saw it a few days ago, don't have a link handy though.

Toy or no toy, makes no difference since they had no way of knowing. No they did not roll up shooting. They rolled up, the kid stood up, walked over to them, and reached for the gun.

Cop or no cop, you reach for a gun in front of me, for no good reason, I will shoot you before you shoot me. Believe it.
How many family members have you killed? How many friends? Or are you one of those guys who have only seen guns on TV?

Yeah but the cops reached first right? Gun was in hand ready to shoot no? Yeah I call BS. That cop pissed his pants and pulled the trigger at the ___er.

So you get a call for a 20-tear old man waving a pistol around and pointing at people in a public park. Make sure you leave your gun at home tho. Lol. Get real. Of course he went in hand on his own gun. You would have to be a moron not to.

None of this has anything to do with the toy he was carrying.

It has to do with cops driving right up on someone they claimed was armed and dangerous, and shooting that person as a first resort rather than last resort.

You don't know that.

The video shows he raised his shirt to show it was a BB gun. The cop may have had reason to pull his weapon, but pulling the trigger twice before the kid pulled the gun & pointed it was clearly wrong. Police train on this in simulators and this was clearly a bad shoot. If the gun was a toy with an orange tip, the cop would not have seen it before he shot, because the BB gun was still in the kids waste band. The cop fucked up big time & should be fired.

Since there is no audio, we don't know exactly what was said. But reaching for a gun, loaded or unloaded, real or a toy, will get you shot. Yes, police train on simulators. No this was not a bad shoot. There is no set standard on when to shoot. A police shooting is justified when an officer reasonably believes that he or someone else is in imminent danger of death or serious injury. Reaching for a gun when a cop approaches creates an imminent threat.

How many family members have you killed? How many friends? Or are you one of those guys who have only seen guns on TV?

Why would I kill friends and family members, in order to show my proficiency with firearms?

So you get a call for a 20-tear old man waving a pistol around and pointing at people in a public park. Make sure you leave your gun at home tho. Lol. Get real. Of course he went in hand on his own gun. You would have to be a moron not to.
Eggzactly. Then he pulled the trigger without giving that 20year old man a moment's thought. Only it wasn't a 20year old man with a gun was it? Maybe think first then pull the trigger?

Why would I kill friends and family members, in order to show my proficiency with firearms?
They are showing you their gun. You don't know why they are doing that. For christ sakes kill them fast before they kill you!

The full video is out there. About 6 mins long. I saw it a few days ago, don't have a link handy though.

Toy or no toy, makes no difference since they had no way of knowing. No they did not roll up shooting. They rolled up, the kid stood up, walked over to them, and reached for the gun.

In the video I saw, the kid was already up, the car barreled up to the gazebo, close to the boy and he fell after a second.

Forum List

Back