Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

Toys don't fire live rounds first of all. Second of all, even if it was a toy, the police had no way of knowing that when he reached for it.
Well they could've asked him before killing him no?

I am sure they would have if he didn't reach for the gun first.
Yeah but the cops reached first right? Gun was in hand ready to shoot no? Yeah I call BS. That cop pissed his pants and pulled the trigger at the ___er.

So you get a call for a 20-tear old man waving a pistol around and pointing at people in a public park. Make sure you leave your gun at home tho. Lol. Get real. Of course he went in hand on his own gun. You would have to be a moron not to.
Eggzactly. Then he pulled the trigger without giving that 20year old man a moment's thought. Only it wasn't a 20year old man with a gun was it? Maybe think first then pull the trigger?

Makes no difference how old he was, just like it makes no difference that it was a pellet gun. The cop did think. He thought he was in danger with a person approaching and reaching for a pistol. It was reasonable for him to conclude that in the next split second that person that person might shoot him, if he didn't shoot that person first.

Makes no difference how powerful it is. I was shot with a .22 once and the bullet literally bounced off of me. Took a nice nip of flesh, left a nice bruise. But police found the slug laying on the pavement. Yet if I didn't have a permit, carrying a .22 would be a felony. Oh, and slingshots are deadly too.

It also doesn't matter if the gun was a complete replica that didn't fire any rounds at all. Police had no way of knowing. You reach for what certainly appears to be a possible deadly weapon, you are asking to get shot.
I reach for my guns all the time never asked to be shot. But I guess if you consider cops a dangerous animal that has to be treated as a potential killer, yeah you've got a point. We should all put our hands up and bend over in fealty every time a cop walks by lest he get scared and kill us.

Cop or no cop, you reach for a gun in front of me, for no good reason, I will shoot you before you shoot me. Believe it.
How many family members have you killed? How many friends? Or are you one of those guys who have only seen guns on TV?

Why would I kill friends and family members, in order to show my proficiency with firearms?
They are showing you their gun. You don't know why they are doing that. For christ sakes kill them fast before they kill you!

If a family member reached for a gun during a hostile situation, then yes, I would shoot them.

The WalMart shooting was totally unjustified and the cop should have been indicted in that case.
No difference in this case either. The cops rolled up shooting.

No they didn't. They rolled up, the kid walked over to them and reached for a gun.
No it was a toy. And no they rolled up shooting.. they got there and as soon as that cop could he killed that boy. Would be good to see the video in real time vs. time compressed.

The full video is out there. About 6 mins long. I saw it a few days ago, don't have a link handy though.

Toy or no toy, makes no difference since they had no way of knowing. No they did not roll up shooting. They rolled up, the kid stood up, walked over to them, and reached for the gun.

In the video I saw, the kid was already up, the car barreled up to the gazebo, close to the boy and he fell after a second.

He saw them coming, got up, hand across his torso and walked toward them as they came to a stop.

You know, I guess it's plausible to see it like that. Since the car was off screen until the last second, it's hard to know if he saw them and was getting up, or if they just came up on him as he was getting up.

You know, I guess it's plausible to see it like that. Since the car was off screen until the last second, it's hard to know if he saw them and was getting up, or if they just came up on him as he was getting up.
When a cop drives up to a park I always walk up to them. Who knew that was a violent act?

Someone told me they were actually off camera observing him for several minutes, and that he got up when they put the car in gear. The person said they live right there, but I can't verify what they said one way or the other.

I will concede too, that the rookie cop was probably just a split second too jumpy. But it's all too easy to Monday-morning quarterback it too, from a grainy choppy surveillance film. Some audio would be nice for one thing. But also, in a real world situation, sometimes the most subtle hints will trigger a danger warning. A shift of gaze, the drop of a shoulder, even a change in respiration rate, are some signs to be aware of in a dynamic situation like that.

When a cop drives up to a park I always walk up to them. Who knew that was a violent act?

Thats not fair man this 12 year old was clearly a threat and even tho he got shot immediately trust me the car pulled up, the cop got out and drew his weapon and shot before the kid could produce the weapon. I encourage all cops to be so fearful of black 6th graders that they shoot first within seconds. You never know :rolleyes:

Again, of course the cop said he was scared thats the defense to justify a shooting. its like that case where a black girl was knocking on this guys door at 3am. He was soo scared of this black girl (remember blacks are extremely aggressive and strong) and he shot her thru the door. Said he was scared..

Thats not fair man this 12 year old was clearly a threat and even tho he got shot immediately trust me the car pulled up, the cop got out and drew his weapon and shot before the kid could produce the weapon. I encourage all cops to be so fearful of black 6th graders that they shoot first within seconds. You never know :rolleyes:

Again, of course the cop said he was scared thats the defense to justify a shooting. its like that case where a black girl was knocking on this guys door at 3am. He was soo scared of this black girl (remember blacks are extremely aggressive and strong) and he shot her thru the door. Said he was scared..
Be sure to tell us how the guy who fired through the door fared in our prejudiced judicial system that was set up to protect white "****** hunters".

Be sure to tell us how the guy who fired through the door fared in our prejudiced judicial system that was set up to protect white "****** hunters".

Thats funny because he was found guilty but he changed his story and no one believed he was scared. The point is that he too said he was scared.....Thats the standard response when you shoot someone

Video Cop shot boy seconds after encountering him - Yahoo News

Heres the video...kid was shot within a second or two of the cops pulling up.
And it also does not show what the kid did when the cops rolled up. It is to damn grainy and far away. That is why I stayed earlier that we just don't know. There isn't enough info. That is the point of the investigation. Hopefully it pulls enough information up to convict or exonerate the cops.

Sent from my phone from a bumpy road. Please excuse any errors. :D

It wasn't a toy gun, it was a pellet gun. You go around pointing a gun at people, don't be surprised if someone shoots you.

First resort, last resort? Was the cop supposed to wait until the kid actually shot him first?
^^^ Didn't watch the video.

No difference in this case either. The cops rolled up shooting.

No they didn't. They rolled up, the kid walked over to them and reached for a gun.
No it was a toy. And no they rolled up shooting.. they got there and as soon as that cop could he killed that boy. Would be good to see the video in real time vs. time compressed.

The full video is out there. About 6 mins long. I saw it a few days ago, don't have a link handy though.

Toy or no toy, makes no difference since they had no way of knowing. No they did not roll up shooting. They rolled up, the kid stood up, walked over to them, and reached for the gun.

In the video I saw, the kid was already up, the car barreled up to the gazebo, close to the boy and he fell after a second.

He saw them coming, got up, hand across his torso and walked toward them as they came to a stop.

Which does raise an interesting question? Why did the police roll up in that manner? If they were concerned about an armed suspect that was the WORST way to approach him. If he was armed and faster he could have taken them out before they got out of the car.

That does male me wonder. ..

It wasn't a toy gun, it was a pellet gun. You go around pointing a gun at people, don't be surprised if someone shoots you.

First resort, last resort? Was the cop supposed to wait until the kid actually shot him first?
^^^ Didn't watch the video.

Watched the full video, not just the 3o second clip. Got to see him pointing the gun at people walking down the sidewalk and the whole bit.

Which does raise an interesting question? Why did the police roll up in that manner? If they were concerned about an armed suspect that was the WORST way to approach him. If he was armed and faster he could have taken them out before they got out of the car.

That does male me wonder. ..

They were watching him form just off camera for over a minute. He stood up when they put the car in gear and rolled up into the park.

Thats funny because he was found guilty but he changed his story and no one believed he was scared. The point is that he too said he was scared.....Thats the standard response when you shoot someone
Of course it is. Then your response whenever it is a white guy shooting a black guy that they are racist ass holes out to kill themselves a ******.

Certainly doesn't make your statements anymore valid than his. This is why we have an investigation.

Cops are allowed to be scared, the law is on their side.

They watched him sit for a minute. In the fucking cold. By himself.
He looked and saw them and then the cop drove up in front of the building. The cops were concerned he might take off running so they wanted to get as close to him as possible by car. He was ordered to put his hands on his head three times. By the time the third order was given he had got up and was moving towards the cop car. He never made any motion to raise his hands. Instead he reached for the gun (what the gun was or wasn't is totally irrelevant) tucked in his waistband. The cop shot the split second the "tall for his age" negro touched the gun.
Case closed.

Makes no difference how old he was, just like it makes no difference that it was a pellet gun. The cop did think. He thought he was in danger with a person approaching and reaching for a pistol. /QUOTE]

It has now become "reasonable" that 12 year old kids are cop killers? Is that your story?

And you know what, if the 911 dispatcher had bothered to tell the cops that the person phoning in this possible threat THOUGHT the gun was fake, that would have helped.

Just like the person that called in the possible shooter in Walmart COULD of SHOULD of told the dispatcher that HE thought the gun was fake.

Wonder if the people making these 911 calls sleep well at night?

Forum List

Back