Clear up confusion,America and full auto weapons

Yeah, we may have been in a controlled environment, but having a Marine yell at you that you aren't fast enough or your position is wrong is pretty stressful as well. Maybe that is why we kicked the crap out of the cops.
:beer:

How many people exactly are you expecting to be attacked by?
How can you ever know? One person can kill many people. How many should I not expect? How good should I expect a single assailant to be? You're talking about multiple levels of variables that no one is prepared to answer. Why take the chance? Why not be prepared for the worst?

So you have no rational reason. Full auto weapons are designed for one purpose, and that is to throw a lot of rounds downrange to kill a lot of people. They are only useful in war, because they aren't very accurate.
And?

I want to be able to kill humans. Humans are the fucking assholes who typically try to overthrow my government, Bolshevik-style.
Boy, oh boy. So you want to be able to kill humans. Lord, I hope someone from the law is looking at that. Seems we have a real possible mass shooter here. Boy, seek some mental help, before you end up doing something that we will all regret.

Boy, oh boy. So you want to be able to kill humans. Lord, I hope someone from the law is looking at that. Seems we have a real possible mass shooter here. Boy, seek some mental help, before you end up doing something that we will all regret.
I have not threatened to do any such thing. I was responding to a claim that I should never have a gun that can kill a human, when humans are the most obvious threat.

Still think that a good guy with a gun is going to stop a bad guy with a gun?
I would rather be a good guy with a gun and have a fighting chance than a meat target with no recourse but to die unchallenged.

Still think that allowing people to have assault rifles that can easily be modified to full auto is a good idea?
Assault rifles are full-auto. What civilians usually have is a semi-auto replica of an assault rifle.

A full-auto rifle can be build with relatively cheap tools, from hardware store components. You can't stop it from happening.

You want to have a handgun? Fine. However, do you REALLY need to be able to shoot 30 rounds before reloading?
Most well-trained police officers reload 3 times in a shootout, and miss all over the place. In a high-stress situation (like a home invasion) accuracy is VERY limited, compounded by light conditions. More ammo without reloading could save your ass.

This is all horseshit. NOTHING could have stopped the shooting. Stop trying to pretend gun grabbing legislation will do it.

NOBODY at the concert had a fighting chance, and yeah, they were all meat targets because nobody there would have had the range or the firepower to take him out.

Do you really need to have a semi automatic weapon? Bolt action rifles have worked pretty well for me thus far.

And...............sorry................but if I can't hit an intruder with 15 rounds in a room that is house sized (meaning they are closer than cops usually are when they are chasing suspects), then maybe I should have spent more time at the range.

GFY. You don't want a semi-auto? don't buy one. Don't try to restrict what someone else does, though.

Bolt-action rifles are the technology of the late 1800s.

Semi-auto rifles are the technology of today.

I have not threatened to do any such thing. I was responding to a claim that I should never have a gun that can kill a human, when humans are the most obvious threat.
"And?

I want to be able to kill humans. Humans are the fucking assholes who typically try to overthrow my government, Bolshevik-style"

The above was your post. Read it carefully. You said, without any modifiers, that you wanted to kill humans. I honestly think that you said exactly what you meant..

Yeah, we may have been in a controlled environment, but having a Marine yell at you that you aren't fast enough or your position is wrong is pretty stressful as well. Maybe that is why we kicked the crap out of the cops.

How can you ever know? One person can kill many people. How many should I not expect? How good should I expect a single assailant to be? You're talking about multiple levels of variables that no one is prepared to answer. Why take the chance? Why not be prepared for the worst?

Well, if you had spent time in the military, you would understand the value of "choke points" and where they are located in your house in case your home is invaded. And, because you know the layout of your house better than any intruder, do you need that many rounds?

Besides................using a semi automatic rifle for home defense isn't as good as a handgun. Why? Because you can maneuver better with a handgun than you can with a rifle.

I would rather be a good guy with a gun and have a fighting chance than a meat target with no recourse but to die unchallenged.

Still think that allowing people to have assault rifles that can easily be modified to full auto is a good idea?
Assault rifles are full-auto. What civilians usually have is a semi-auto replica of an assault rifle.

A full-auto rifle can be build with relatively cheap tools, from hardware store components. You can't stop it from happening.

You want to have a handgun? Fine. However, do you REALLY need to be able to shoot 30 rounds before reloading?
Most well-trained police officers reload 3 times in a shootout, and miss all over the place. In a high-stress situation (like a home invasion) accuracy is VERY limited, compounded by light conditions. More ammo without reloading could save your ass.

This is all horseshit. NOTHING could have stopped the shooting. Stop trying to pretend gun grabbing legislation will do it.

NOBODY at the concert had a fighting chance, and yeah, they were all meat targets because nobody there would have had the range or the firepower to take him out.

Do you really need to have a semi automatic weapon? Bolt action rifles have worked pretty well for me thus far.

And...............sorry................but if I can't hit an intruder with 15 rounds in a room that is house sized (meaning they are closer than cops usually are when they are chasing suspects), then maybe I should have spent more time at the range.

GFY. You don't want a semi-auto? don't buy one. Don't try to restrict what someone else does, though.

Modified semi automatic rifles is what the Vegas shooter used. People on the ground didn't have a chance, even if all of them would have had CCL's and handguns on them, as well as knew exactly where the shooter was.

They didn't have the range.

Sorry about that, fellow. But, given what we have seen with these weapons in the last few years, time to get them off the streets for the protection of we sane citizens. You know, you could learn to shoot accurately, then you would not need a semi with a 30 shot clip.

Well, if you had spent time in the military, you would understand the value of "choke points" and where they are located in your house in case your home is invaded. And, because you know the layout of your house better an any intruder, do you need that many rounds?

Besides................using a semi automatic rifle for home defense isn't as good as a handgun. Why? Because you can maneuver better with a handgun than you can with a rifle.
You can fire a rifle more accurately, with much less practice than a handgun. Also, are we to assume the average person has had military training? You are limiting average persons based on your expertise. That is a recipe for disaster.

Well, if you had spent time in the military, you would understand the value of "choke points" and where they are located in your house in case your home is invaded. And, because you know the layout of your house better than any intruder, do you need that many rounds?

Also, if you are shooting a rifle, you may get your next door neighbor.

Sorry about that, fellow. But, given what we have seen with these weapons in the last few years, time to get them off the streets for the protection of we sane citizens. You know, you could learn to shoot accurately, then you would not need a semi with a 30 shot clip.

Fuck you. "What we've seen" largely looks like a bunch of staged bullshit in order to create an environment where scared people would go along with the grabbing of the guns.

Funny how the grabbers come out the woodwork now.

I've had a semi-auto rifle since I was 11.

Then, you limit yourself to a POS black power breach loader as a home defense weapon. I will stick with my weapons of choice. Deal?

Well, if you had spent time in the military, you would understand the value of "choke points" and where they are located in your house in case your home is invaded. And, because you know the layout of your house better an any intruder, do you need that many rounds?

You can fire a rifle more accurately, with much less practice than a handgun. Also, are we to assume the average person has had military training? You are limiting average persons based on your expertise. That is a recipe for disaster.
At what range are you shooting these people? Most defense situations involve home invasions, and distances of 15 feet or less. If you cannot hit a human sized target at that range with a handgun, you should not have that gun.

You are right, rifles ARE more accurate, and it takes less practice to master the use of a rifle than it does a handgun.

However................rifles are only useful if you have the room to swing them around. Most hallways in houses are only about 3 ft wide, which is too narrow to comfortably and accurately swing a rifle.

Fuck you. "What we've seen" largely looks like a bunch of staged bullshit in order to create an environment where scared people would go along with the grabbing of the guns.

Sure, nearly 600 Americans shot in Vegas is staged. What a lying asshole you are.

Also, if you are shooting a rifle, you may get your next door neighbor.
That is always a concern, rifle or handgun. A 223 is more likely to shatter and become nonlethal after going through walls than other rounds. I certainly wouldn't use an AK or deer rifle as home defense unless I had nothing else on hand.

You are right, rifles ARE more accurate, and it takes less practice to master the use of a rifle than it does a handgun.

However................rifles are only useful if you have the room to swing them around. Most hallways in houses are only about 3 ft wide, which is too narrow to comfortably and accurately swing a rifle.
So, you are making an argument to repeal the SBR tax. Very well. I agree.

Then, you limit yourself to a POS black power breach loader as a home defense weapon. I will stick with my weapons of choice. Deal?

Home defense is best served with a pistol, not a rifle. Why? You need more room to swing a rifle around to sight in on your target.

At least, unless you live in a shotgun shack.

So, you are making an argument to repeal the SBR tax. Very well. I agree.

Never said anything about taxes. Just simply told you that rifles are not as good for home defense as handguns because of their length and cannot easily be swung around in hallways.

Sure, nearly 600 Americans shot in Vegas is staged. What a lying asshole you are.

What an authoritarian faggot you are. An obtuse one at that.

One guy, never military trained, setup the perfect little sniper roost and shot over 500 people at 200 yards with full-auto fire? Hauled 23 fucking guns into his hotel room without anyone noticing? No. Bull-shit!

I'm not buying it. Looks like the work of 3 people with outside logistics support.

Forum List

Back