Classical music thread -> website crash ... Really?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
I opened a classical music thread, and any time I try to navigate to it, the website crashes on it. It crashes even safari. Great. I can see that many people replied there to me, but I can't read them. Brrrrr.

I opened a classical music thread, and any time I try to navigate to it, the website crashes on it. It crashes even safari. Great. I can see that many people replied there to me, but I can't read them. Brrrrr.

Everything's there for me, earlier there were problems with posting actual video stuff, this I could only rectify with re-posting stuff whilst replying directly to your OP, strange.

? off beam? what is that?

Off kilter, that sort of thing.

In the thread instead of the quotes appearing as they should....you have the [/QUOTE] in the response, go and look at your latest responses in the thread and you'll see what I mean....look at your post # 87.

Lucy, I just flipped through 3 pages and it looks normal so maybe it was a glitch and they fixed it? I'm not sure. I believe you - I wasn't here earlier so I didn't see it.

Lucy, I just flipped through 3 pages and it looks normal so maybe it was a glitch and they fixed it? I'm not sure. I believe you - I wasn't here earlier so I didn't see it.

Okay maybe it's been fixed, which is good.

It is a hot thread. I'm sorry he can't see it. There were about 700 views last night and today there are over a 1,000 so he's right. A lot of hits on his thread.

I think I've posted in that thread, if it's the one I'm thinking of. My guess is many times threads crash fro the YouTube and Shockwave Flash software, i.e. your computer plug ins may need updating, maybe? I personally disable ShockWave and YouTube when browsing message boards, as I don't view or download them and play them anyway; I'll just buy the CD's if they look interesting when it comes to music.stuff. I have a real sound system for listening to music, and don't use my PC for that, I just save the pages and keep the recommendations and names handy.

So what's happening? Is your problem sorted now?

I think I've posted in that thread, if it's the one I'm thinking of. My guess is many times threads crash fro the YouTube and Shockwave Flash software, i.e. your computer plug ins may need updating, maybe? I personally disable ShockWave and YouTube when browsing message boards, as I don't view or download them and play them anyway; I'll just buy the CD's if they look interesting when it comes to music.stuff. I have a real sound system for listening to music, and don't use my PC for that, I just save the pages and keep the recommendations and names handy.

Shockwave is a monster with things like this, I had to disable Shockwave.

Well Coyote posts in the thread, maybe she can get you assistance, it's not right that you can't participate in your own thread.

So Coyote could you please get anotherlife some assistance for his problem with his thread?

4013730.jpg

Well Coyote posts in the thread, maybe she can get you assistance, it's not right that you can't participate in your own thread.

So Coyote could you please get anotherlife some assistance for his problem with his thread?

4013730.jpg
How dare you tell Coyote to get another life!:ack-1:

4013730.jpg
How dare you tell Coyote to get another life!:ack-1:

Oh what was I thinking :eusa_doh::lol:

Another possibility is to shorten the number of posts viewable to say, 10, and see if that works? I haven't checked, but most message board software has that feature in their preferences choices.

Forum List

Back