Classic rock goodies

something a little different though they were huge in england in this era

my freshman suite mate in college (77) had seen Annie Haslam play live at Carnegie Hall and had the album from that performance. By the end of the first term we had bought a second copy since the vinyl was pretty well shot on the first one

That is very pretty! :smile:

annie along with the late Great Sandy Denny ( Fairport Convention -the only guest singer on a LZ studio record) and this lady were the big three of British folk-rock in that era

the incomparable Contra-alto Maddy Prior and Steeleye Span doing a traditional anti war song that was a big protest song during the Nam war over there. she doesn't do much of the singing on this song but her vocals are hauntingly beautiful

my freshman suite mate in college (77) had seen Annie Haslam play live at Carnegie Hall and had the album from that performance. By the end of the first term we had bought a second copy since the vinyl was pretty well shot on the first one

annie along with the late Great Sandy Denny ( Fairport Convention -the only guest singer on a LZ studio record) and this lady were the big three of British folk-rock in that era

the incomparable Contra-alto Maddy Prior and Steeleye Span doing a traditional anti war song that was a big protest song during the Nam war over there. she doesn't do much of the singing on this song but her vocals are hauntingly beautiful

She sounds like she would be a folk singer. Very nice voice.

She sounds like she would be a folk singer. Very nice voice.

supposedly a 6 octave range-"Melody Maker" rated her the finest voice in British Pop/rock

when it came to PURE talent-songwriting, singing, guitar playing, this guy had very few people as good as him

his conversion to Islam at a time when that was not seen as a good thing may have tarnished his reputation but when you talk about singer-songwriters, this guy is on just about everyone's list of the very very best

when it came to PURE talent-songwriting, singing, guitar playing, this guy had very few people as good as him

his conversion to Islam at a time when that was not seen as a good thing may have tarnished his reputation but when you talk about singer-songwriters, this guy is on just about everyone's list of the very very best

I always liked this from him.

he was big when I was in college. At Yale Grateful dead was probably the most popular with Steely Dan being a close second based on what I remember from the 100s of parties I went to on campus.

Grace and Paul Kantner. Great combination. David Frieberg is in here too. some great harmonies

Forum List

Back