CJ Stroud

Maybe this'll clear things up for ya.
Looks clear to me. Both excellent players. Stroud throws a lot more, but Purdy is more efficient and has a higher passer rating.

Looks clear to me. Both excellent players. Stroud throws a lot more, but Purdy is more efficient and has a higher passer rating.

Stroud is clearly going to be offensive rookie of the year and should be in MVP consideration. Purdy is leading the current consensus best team in football and odds on Super Bowl favorites and should be in MVP consideration. I think Stroud is a better MVP candidate than Purdy because I think he's actually more valuable to his team, but that's not really how that award tends to work.

Stroud is clearly going to be offensive rookie of the year and should be in MVP consideration. Purdy is leading the current consensus best team in football and odds on Super Bowl favorites and should be in MVP consideration. I think Stroud is a better MVP candidate than Purdy because I think he's actually more valuable to his team, but that's not really how that award tends to work.
Being “more valuable to your team“ doesn’t show up on the stat sheet that he’s using. I’m not sure what stats he’s pointing at that show Stroud is better.

CJ just took a vicious hit after a passing attempt against the Jets, who they are losing to.

It looks like his head bounced off the turf very hard, and he's in the blue tent. Hope he's going to be OK.

My guess is that he is done for the day, and will end up on concussion protocol.

CJ just took a vicious hit after a passing attempt against the Jets, who they are losing to.

It looks like his head bounced off the turf very hard, and he's in the blue tent. Hope he's going to be OK.

My guess is that he is done for the day, and will end up on concussion protocol.

Yeah..hate to see shit like that.

You need to look at all he's done this season.
Most passing yards and many other records.
He has done very well this season. I’m just looking at the stats you showed between Purdy and Stroud.

Stroud has more yards because he throws the ball more. Purdy has almost the same amount of yards on 82 less attempts. Purdy is more efficient on less volume. Higher completion rate, higher yards per attempt, higher passer rating.

He has done very well this season. I’m just looking at the stats you showed between Purdy and Stroud.

Stroud has more yards because he throws the ball more. Purdy has almost the same amount of yards on 82 less attempts. Purdy is more efficient on less volume. Higher completion rate, higher yards per attempt, higher passer rating.
I am not knocking Purdy from where he was drafted. Stroud plays on a team that sucked. And needed infusions of talent to improve. I read a knock-on Stroud was that he was not a quick learner and had flaws from it. One reason Young was drafted ahead of him as a more polished player. However, you cannot coach size. You either have the build need to play or you do not.

Was this the worst game of Stroud's young career? The Jets defense is legit. It's unfortunate for them that their offense has been atrocious.

Definitely his worst game.
My guess is it was the weather,of course losing losing Tank and Nico didnt help either.
I hate open air stadiums in inclement weather,bad play and to many injuries.

I am not knocking Purdy from where he was drafted. Stroud plays on a team that sucked. And needed infusions of talent to improve. I read a knock-on Stroud was that he was not a quick learner and had flaws from it. One reason Young was drafted ahead of him as a more polished player. However, you cannot coach size. You either have the build need to play or you do not.

Obviously those tests dont mean a thing.
I loved it when Stroud said "i'm a football player not a test taker"

I dont think I posted anything about Purdy.

Here are some of his records.....

I dont think I posted anything about Purdy.
What do you mean you haven’t posted anything about Purdy?
Maybe this'll clear things up for ya.
We most certainly aren't talking Superbowl at this point.
And yes Stroud is better than Purdy.
Do the research.
:confused-84:

Forum List

Back