Civil War...? In Iraq...? Inconceivable...!

30 countries with you.
Like UK ? Italy ? Spain ? hahaha
their population were AGAINST this war ! in London, it was the biggest manifestation against the war, in Rome also.

And of course, USA are not interested first by their contracts and trade accords....only liberty lead the bullets of M-16.......
USA let germany win in Europe until 1942 because US interest was : protection of US interest.
So, don't tell me USA are not interested by their contracts.(how many won halliburton with all the contracts in Iraq ?)

padisha emperor said:
30 countries with you.
Like UK ? Italy ? Spain ? hahaha
their population were AGAINST this war ! in London, it was the biggest manifestation against the war, in Rome also.

And yet the leaders of said countries knew what was the best route to take. And just because protesters took to the streets that certainly doesn't mean others weren't in full support.

And of course, USA are not interested first by their contracts and trade accords....only liberty lead the bullets of M-16.......

Sure, they proved their disinterest with the 12 years of negotiations. :rolleyes:

USA let germany win in Europe until 1942 because US interest was : protection of US interest.
So, don't tell me USA are not interested by their contracts.(how many won halliburton with all the contracts in Iraq ?)

What does 1942 have to do with the current situation in Iraq?

Halliburton won the contracts they were most qualified for. Unless of course you can name other companies better suited and more qualified to complete the contracts. Please supply their names.

What does 1942 have to do with the current situation in Iraq?
you're right, sorry, I apologize

Halliburton won the contracts they were most qualified for. Unless of course you can name other companies better suited and more qualified to complete the contracts. Please supply their names.
amazing that the company of the Vice Pres. took all the contracts........no ?
I think that there are some french or english companies able to do that too....

And yet the leaders of said countries knew what was the best route to take. And just because protesters took to the streets that certainly doesn't mean others weren't in full support.
when 70% of the population is against something and that the gov. do it anyway, it is a little bit like a dictatorship.
Democratie >> power to the people.
It doesn't mean anarchy, but if all the people doesn't want it.....
the referendum is a good thing, here. NO ?

padisha emperor said:
amazing that the company of the Vice Pres. took all the contracts........no ?
I think that there are some french or english companies able to do that too....

I think you are wrong. Name the companies more qualified and prove their credentials over Halliburton's history of similar work.

Also, Halliburton IS NOT the company of the vice president. He left Halliburton quite a few years ago and will gain absolutely NOTHING from any of their contracts. Unless of course you would be kind enough to supply any links to him benefitting from the contracts. Can you?

when 70% of the population is against something and that the gov. do it anyway, it is a little bit like a dictatorship.
Democratie >> power to the people.
It doesn't mean anarchy, but if all the people doesn't want it.....
the referendum is a good thing, here. NO ?

That's why we vote, to place people in office that we think are most qualified to make decisions that are in the best interest of our respective countries. I'm confident that even more than 70% wouldn't want taxes raised but sometimes it's the right thing to do, and I would expect those in charge to do the right thing as opposed to what activists want.

padisha emperor said:
shut up dillo, you moron......think to them instead of throwing your filth on people's face......

CSM

CSM, I mean : you say that war was justified (justificated ?) because Iraq was in violation of the cease fire.
So >>
1 - which violation ?
2 - Was the intervention of several dozen of thousands of Marines, tanks, planes, gunships......necessary ?
3 - If this vilation justify the war, why did USA mention it at the UN to justify the war ? why spoke they always of WMD ?
They spoke always of WMD : "on this picture, you can clearly see a WMD.....on this one, a factory of WMD....on this one, saddam is making himself a WMD.....and this one shows saddam making a fuck to US...."...
So, if the real reason was this vilation, why did they only mention the WMD ?

And : if for you the vilation of the ceasef ire is the fabrication of WMD....>>
1 - no prooves of WMD.
2 - why did you ask me this stupid question ?
1) ALL OF THEM
2) YES
3) THE US DID MENTION IT

and

1) agian...I never mentioned WMD and dont really care that there were none (supposedly)
2) I thought a stupid question would be something you could answer accurately.

All of them ? which one ?
esay to say : all...
can you tell me more about ?

dear jim, of course, we vote for a governement, but when the government make something obviously injust, and when ALL the population, all teh people who voted for him say no ! and when this government has the choice, if it is a real democracy>>withdraw.
Or at least, lot of explanation, to explain the choice, for the population, so this one would understand.

In UK, not the case - example - . the UK monarchy has some colours on Blair's government.They take themselves for absolute kings, or ?

Bullypulpit said:
If civil war does erupt it, and its consequences, can be laid squarely upon the doorstep of the Bush administration. They were warned against going into Iraq to begin with, but they chose to ignore those warnings...The blood, both US and Iraqi, is on their hands.

Certainly an "interesting" slant. We have freed the country from Saddam's bloody grasp. We are giving these people their one and only chance for freedom, democracy and equality. But if despite our best efforts, they manage to pervert this opportunity into yet another spree of murdering each other, then it will somehow be the fault of the Bush administration.

To hell with that. This is the typical lib philosophy of castigating the US for anything that happens in the world. Somehow it is always our fault when something goes wrong and it is to the UN's credit when something goes right. And nothing - absolutely nothing - is ever the fault of the people involved.

The lib philosophy concerning the Bush administration would go something like this: A homeless person is given a house to live in and references for job opportunities. But because of his own laziness, he fails to seek employment and therefore cannot pay the utilities or taxes on the house and it is eventually sold for taxes. The lib view would be that the Bush administration, which gave him the home was at fault. It never occurs to libs that people are responsible for their own destiny. We can only give these folks the OPPORTUNITY to create a free nation. We cannot force it on them.

The other component of the lib philosophy is to cut and run. That way, they make their gloom and doom prophesies self-fulfilling. Libs say that we have to get out of Iraq because our efforts are doomed to fail. If we follow their advice, then they will point gleefully and chortle over another failure of the Bush administration. Never mind that this failure would have been brought about by acceding to lib demands.

padisha emperor said:
France have lot of treaties and assistance accords with african countries.
USA and iraq had not.

And I don't think that France send our troops in Congo without UN approval or other countries' wish.
We don't consider the world as our private garden. It was during the XVII and the XVIIIth centuries, but no more.
Nonation has colonial empire, so, no nation can decide ofr other peoples.I even believe that the Carta of Atlantic, during the WWII, between Roosevelt and Churchill, said that the people of earth have the right to choose their regime, their destiny, wihtout any other country. it was to stop the colonialism.
But it does'nt meant that a country can destruct an other country because he want. That is not the spirit of liberty and self-administration wished by the US in 1776, the French in 1789, and after WWII, in the Paris Convention.

Padisha - Even though this is off topic, what about the current French Invasion of the Ivory Coast?

It is not an invasion.........
France has lot of treaties in Africa, in some old colonies.
And france has still troops in Africa. Senegal, Djibouti, gabony.......
And the 43th BIMa is in Ivory Coast, since 1978.
Then : ivorian air force - 2 planes, 6 gunships - attacked french position, and killed 9 soldiers. >> French army strike back >> the 2 planes and 6 gunships were destroyed.
And after >> problems in the City, because the population belive that Frabnce destroy these aircrafts without reason.
it was a proportionnated ripost.

So, yu see, not an invasion >> France had already troops here.
And some troops from Senegal or Gabony were sending in Ivory Coast to reinforce the 43th BIMa.

padisha emperor said:

And some troops from Senegal or Gabony were sending in Ivory Coast to reinforce the 43th BIMa.

Not entirely true. The invasion actually occurred prior to WWII. The french as still there in an effort to hang onto the remnants of french colonialism.

jimnyc said:
Where are the charges that have been brought forth if it is illegal?

Can you please show me proof of the US getting more oil or gaining anything in the oil department?
These oil profits are being used now to pay some of Iraq's "bills". Alot of this money is going to the contractors who are doing the work overthere.....does the name Halliburton mean anything to you? Its like a big money laundering scheme. You may say this is not the "US" gaining from the oil department, but I see this as pretty obvious.

sagegirl said:
These oil profits are being used now to pay some of Iraq's "bills". Alot of this money is going to the contractors who are doing the work overthere.....does the name Halliburton mean anything to you? Its like a big money laundering scheme. You may say this is not the "US" gaining from the oil department, but I see this as pretty obvious.

The contractors are being paid in return for hard work. The Iraqi's are helping pay for the rebuilding of a new country. Those who stand to profit from this undertaking are the Iraqi people should democracy take hold.

My original assertion stands. I asked Padisha to supply proof of the US getting oil from Iraq and/or proof that they were gaining from it. Claiming that those getting paid to risk their lives to help build Iraq is hardly proof of any type of 'wrongdoing', which is what was implied.

My original assertion that Halliburton was clearly the best qualified for the job also stands, and hasn't been refuted in any way.

Quite amazing that the vice pres. 's Society was the most qualified for this work, no ?

In Europe, lot of firms are excellent to rebuilt some area............ USA have not the only companies ...

Bagdad, Iraq...Is it not the strategical place for the pipeline from Caucase ?
And UAS are interested bty this pipeline, no ?
So....lot of coincidences...

padisha emperor said:
Quite amazing that the vice pres. 's Society was the most qualified for this work, no ?

I think it's quite amazing that so many claim others were as/or more qualified than Halliburton - but then go silent when asked to name these companies. Let's face it, it's a FACT that Halliburton was overwhelmingly the most experienced and best choice for the job.

In Europe, lot of firms are excellent to rebuilt some area............ USA have not the only companies ...

Then why not name them and show us how they would qualify more than Halliburton? I'll bet anything you like Halliburton has more expertise in this area, especially in dealing with Iraq.

Bagdad, Iraq...Is it not the strategical place for the pipeline from Caucase ?
And UAS are interested bty this pipeline, no ?
So....lot of coincidences...

I see the company with the most experience and knowledge about the job in question getting the contract. I don't see that as a coincidence, I see that as a good business decision.

Please just name the companies you feel are more qualified. I believe I have asked numerous times now.

nakedemperor said:
If the insurgents in Iraq are Al Qaeda it's because they came there after the invasion; Iraq is a festering incubation den for Islamo-terrorists. Terrorist doesn't necessarily = Al Qaeda. Take it easy on the caps and the exclamation points when you're wrong, sport.

Since when did you become a mod there Nakey?

You fucking take it easy on ordering other members around, get it?

jimnyc said:
I think it's quite amazing that so many claim others were as/or more qualified than Halliburton - but then go silent when asked to name these companies. Let's face it, it's a FACT that Halliburton was overwhelmingly the most experienced and best choice for the job.

Then why not name them and show us how they would qualify more than Halliburton? I'll bet anything you like Halliburton has more expertise in this area, especially in dealing with Iraq.

I see the company with the most experience and knowledge about the job in question getting the contract. I don't see that as a coincidence, I see that as a good business decision.

Please just name the companies you feel are more qualified. I believe I have asked numerous times now.

Shit Jimmy, Halliburton got no bid contracts under Clinton in Kosovo but not one damn Demo said a damn thing, this is politics plain and simple.

padisha emperor said:
And france has still troops in Africa. Senegal, Djibouti, gabony.......
And the 43th BIMa is in Ivory Coast, since 1978.
Then : ivorian air force - 2 planes, 6 gunships - attacked french position, and killed 9 soldiers. >> French army strike back >> the 2 planes and 6 gunships were destroyed.
And after >> problems in the City, because the population belive that Frabnce destroy these aircrafts without reason.
it was a proportionnated ripost.

So it is an occupation then?

Having worked with some Halliburton employees, I can tell you that they provide almost any service the military needs, at a far more competitive price than any other firms could provide. So I am not the least bit surprised that Halliburton is getting the lion's share of the contracts.

Halliburton.....
what about the problems ?
the overinvoice of petrol.....to make more money.......
Halliburton : named by the US governemnt, without call for offers.
For the other companies : Lebanon : french society made the bigger work for reconstruction....
Want names of some companies ?

French Societies

- Total : petrol, infrastrcutures for gasoline

- Schneider Electric : distribution of electricity, great firm, really able for reconstruction, also in the sector of building security......check them on their site, you'll see....

- ALSTOM : big company, construction of several things. Like : the Queen mary II, some parts of the TGV - world faster train - , construction of 120 cars for the Washington metro - proof thazt it is a good firm..... - .... >> transports

- AREVA : world leader in the works of energy, of the nuclear energy and transport of electricity. It is the reunion of : AREVA T&D, COGEMA, TECHNICATOME, FRAMATOME ANP, FCI

- EADS : Aeronautics - Airbus - , Space, and defense and security systems.

- Gras Savoye : french first insurance broker, works with Willis, 3rd world leader in this sector. Help a lot of comapanies, of local collectivities.....

- Suez : leader in Energy and environment sector (10th worold for electricity, 6th for gas distribution.... ; 2nd european for environment - water for the bigger part -

- Lyonnaise des Eaux ( belong to SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT) : furniture of good water, not contaminated, work of epuration of the water.......Great job here. With this company, you can drink all the water you wish, no risk.

- EDF/GDF : for electricity and gas, french national companies. EDF : one of the european leaders. (EDF : Electricité de France ; GDF : Gaz de France)

- France Telecom : for the telecommunications. N° 1 in Europe (orange belong to france Telecom)

- Alcatel : telecommnuications.

AND :
- BOUYGUES : maybe one of ther most able company in the world for a job of reconstruction : Bouygues activities are in : telecommunications, communications, public services, construction of bridges, buildings, roads.......
So, look, Bouygues was perfect for this kind of job...

And if you take the others too : you have maybe one of the most perfect reunion of the companies who can do the reconstruction of a country.

And this is only for some french societies. Lot of other french societies can do this work very good.
So, if you add also the german companies, and from other countries....Is still halliburton the most competent ? Don't forget, in this little list, you have some World leaders, some world number 1...............

Look to the websites of these firms, you'll see yourself......

padisha emperor said:
Look to the websites of these firms, you'll see yourself......

No need to as I'll take your word for it that they are competent firms. That still says nothing as to why Halliburton got the contracts. They were far superior than all the others in almost every arena. They knew the infrastructure already and know the area. You simply are jumping on something that isn't there. Don't be a sheep and make more of this story than is there because Dick Cheney was once working there, that story ran ashore along with Kerry's campaign long ago.

Halliburton got the contracts because they were the most qualified and best suited for this situation. Anything else without proof of wrongdoing is just sour grapes and/or wishful thinking (AKA - conspiracy theory).

Forum List

Back