After Outcry, Rumsfield Will Begin Personally Signing Condelence Letters To Families

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NATO AIR, Dec 19, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    um, i don't really see why this is such a big deal, but at the same time i guess when you compare rumsfield's treatment of the famiiles to pres. bush, rumsfield is put to shame

2. Patriot

Patriot BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Having Rumsfeld sign condolence letters is pathetic. If you dont understand what you are getting into when you join the military, and if your family isnt fully supportive of your choice then maybe you need to get a new family and maybe you need to rethink your choice of profession.

Last time I checked this was a ALL VOLUNTEER MILITARY!

3. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    This is just another liberal "GOTCHA!" to Rumsfeld...as if he has nothing better to do...you know, like try to make decisions to keep the other thousands of men and women in Iraq and Afganistan alive!

I'm sure that it is nicer to get a signed letter than a form letter...but I really think that it makes next to no difference to a grieving family.

4. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    He says he writes them all himself. Isn't that what's most important? I was surprised by that. I mean,isn't it more important what's in the letter and that he wrote as opposed to him signing it? JMO I think the media is on a mission to get him to resign,as if the terrorists will go away in Iraq if he isn't in charge anymore.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    He's pissed off some big boys in Washington---I was glad to see Bush defend him so firmly. He's just the next whippin boy for the left.