Church goers must take their firearms with them to Church

well, let's see, who to believe.... your colon, or a scientific study.... hmm, tough call...
So maybe you can explain since BrainDead won't why states with the most lax gun laws have lower murder rates than states with the strictest gun laws or why the murder rate in the UK went UP not down after all their gun laws bans and confiscations.
<<So maybe you can explain since BrainDead won't why states with the most lax gun laws have lower murder rates than states with the strictest gun laws>>

because the States with the strictest gun laws implemented them because of their high gun violence. You really couldn't puzzle that one out all by yourself?
Most of the red areas of the country have firearm ownership where there many, many times the firearms as compared to people… Lower violent crime.

Stop Islamic immigration.

The shooter was a devout Christian....

No...he wasn't....show us where in any teachings of Christianity where it allows the murder of innocent people.

He went to church regularly etc. believed in Jesus and the Bible. Called himself a Christian. Even Christians commit murder you know.

No...Christians do not.....it is not in the teachings of Jesus...you know, where "Christianity" came from....please show us where Jesus told his followers to murder innocent people....who were Christians no less.

Unfortunately, Christians are still stuck with the OT. That's why we have nutty judges insisting on enshrining the Ten Commandments and call homosexuality an "abomination" and some Christian majority countries want to bring back the death penalty. So what's the real Christian if it's all there in the text? :dunno:

He called himself a Christian, spoke of it often, read the bible, went to church, practiced his faith. Until he shot up a church.

Jesus allowed himself to be executed with the death penalty, and he was innocent.

And no, you can't shoot up a church and then say an "Our Father." But thanks for trying.

Stop Islamic immigration.

No...he wasn't....show us where in any teachings of Christianity where it allows the murder of innocent people.

He went to church regularly etc. believed in Jesus and the Bible. Called himself a Christian. Even Christians commit murder you know.

I can call myself a Vegan....but if I eat steak, I am not a Vegan, am I?

Vegan is pretty strictly defined. I suppose you can "fall" and eat steak, then repent...just like a Christian can "fall" and murder someone and then repent...or something.

Religion covers a wide range and what's more often contradicts itself in it's own text.

Christian is defined as well....Thou Shalt do no murder is pretty defining.

Vegan is pretty strictly defined. I suppose you can "fall" and eat steak, then repent...just like a Christian can "fall" and murder someone and then repent...or something.

Religion covers a wide range and what's more often contradicts itself in it's own text.

Even Christianity has loopholes for killing. You need to totally ditch and repudiate the OT to get out of that.

Even Christianity has loopholes for killing. You need to totally ditch and repudiate the OT to get out of that.

No loopholes in Christianity......murdering innocent people is not part of Christianity.

No...Christians do not.....it is not in the teachings of Jesus...you know, where "Christianity" came from....please show us where Jesus told his followers to murder innocent people....who were Christians no less.

Unfortunately, Christians are still stuck with the OT. That's why we have nutty judges insisting on enshrining the Ten Commandments and call homosexuality an "abomination" and some Christian majority countries want to bring back the death penalty. So what's the real Christian if it's all there in the text? :dunno:

He called himself a Christian, spoke of it often, read the bible, went to church, practiced his faith. Until he shot up a church.

Jesus allowed himself to be executed with the death penalty, and he was innocent.

And no, you can't shoot up a church and then say an "Our Father." But thanks for trying.

Well there goes the whole prison conversion industry then.

Yeah.....not so much...

No loopholes in Christianity......murdering innocent people is not part of Christianity.

It's really not part of any major religion, but they do it anyway and usually find some bit of text to lean on.

Here's the thing with this guy though...we don't have a motive. What we do know is WAS a devout Christian. Until he snapped. Does he suddenly become not a Christian?

Here's the thing with this guy though...we don't have a motive. What we do know is WAS a devout Christian. Until he snapped. Does he suddenly become not a Christian?

It's really not part of any major religion, but they do it anyway and usually find some bit of text to lean on.

Wrong...it is part of islam......

When you murder, you are no longer a Christian.

So then there is no redemption or salvation then. Kind of contradictory.

No.....there is salvation...but if you murder you give up your life. Being truly repentent isn't just saying an "Our Father" and it comes with actually making restitution for what you did.

Not really. Like Christianity, Islam contradicts itself. It's also full of explicit rules on when and under what conditions violence and has multiple passages condemning the killing of innocents. The rules are more complicated then the OT.

No.....there is salvation...but if you murder you give up your life. Being truly repentent isn't just saying an "Our Father" and it comes with actually making restitution for what you did.

That part I agree with...however, you don't stop being a Christian unless you continue your murderous ways.

Not really. Like Christianity, Islam contradicts itself. It's also full of explicit rules on when and under what conditions violence and has multiple passages condemning the killing of innocents. The rules are more complicated then the OT.

No.....murdering non believers is a core tenet of the religion. The innocents you can't kill are other muslims...Jews and Christians are dhimmi, anyone else is fair game for killing.

No.....murdering non believers is a core tenet of the religion. The innocents you can't kill are other muslims...Jews and Christians are dhimmi, anyone else is fair game for killing.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

So we have the most gun problems and the least gun control.

We don't have the most gun problems.

Like I said states with the most lax gun laws have fewer murders than state with the strictest gun laws.

We have a crime problem not a gun problem. So hold people who commit crimes with guns responsible not people who never will commit a crime with a gun

What civilized country has more gun problems than us?

Prove your claim about states. Link?
Define civilzed

There are plenty of more violent countries than the US

Countries not at war, not third world countries, not countries with no rights, politically stable... I'm talking countries that can actually be fairly compare to the US.

I really don't care about other countries and what they do or don't do.
I don't live in those countries
I do not want to live in those countries

Then why ask me to define civilized and claim there are plenty?

Forum List

Back