Chuck Hagel: Unworthy of Confirmation

The last time they tried to rid the world of Jewish people, they murdered 6 million in cold blood. In the process, World War II was used as an opportunity around the world of governments to kill indigenous peoples they considered inconvenient, and the world cost in lives was well over 50 million people, with some estimates twice that when including Russian elimination tactics of starving out selected populations and China's revolution. World wars are horrific, and dictators take advantage of unwanted populations when their adversaries attention is elsewhere..

But people know Israel is doing a bit of ethnic cleansing in Palestine.

Odd really as the Israeli government is always winging on about the holocaust but they're doing pretty much the same in Palestine, sans death camps.

So you want to feather the nests of a government that has engaged in a war by proxy with American troops by saboteuring them in their vehicles, leaving thousands of them maimed, legless, and sexless for life.

That's what Chuck Hagel has stood for since 9/11--no matter what they do or threaten, be nice to these maimers of our troops. I'm not putting up with that. :poop:

Basically the certainty is that if america helps Iran kill all the Jews there will be world peace. If muslims aren't satisfied with killing the Jews, american liberals will be overjoyed to help them start on killing Christians. Libetals have a lot in common with fundamentalist muslims. They all want to rid the world of Jesus. His ethnicity and his believers.

Hagel is a believer. If we hate the way our enemies do, they will be our friends. Together they can rid the world of both Jews and Christians.
The last time they tried to rid the world of Jewish people, they murdered 6 million in cold blood. In the process, World War II was used as an opportunity around the world of governments to kill indigenous peoples they considered inconvenient, and the world cost in lives was well over 50 million people, with some estimates twice that when including Russian elimination tactics of starving out selected populations and China's revolution. World wars are horrific, and dictators take advantage of unwanted populations when their adversaries attention is elsewhere.

That's why we must have astute American military leadership that comes from within the military and not from feel-good guys who experiment around with theories that haven't particularly worked well in the real world. And Mr. Hagel is such a good looking man too. Unfortunately, his voting record probably is indicative that he would not be a power to reckon with after his history is known fully.
link/s? You know about a handful of his votes during his 12 years as a senator no doubt.
Are you claiming that Hagel never served in the military? He did & I did. You?

Does anyone really believe these so called 'Americans' who do nothing but bash muslims and praise Israel in every way, shape and form, even selling out their own people who advocate truth and justice rather than an Israeli rigged politicians who do everything for that country and rather than our country are actually ordinary Americans? Are these people on pills that make them get on the ground and praise the Jews 24/7? These 'Americans' that believe in Israel's interests before ours can get the hell out and move to that Jewish state. And it's even funnier when they try to tell us they are good 'American' 'Christians'.

I find it amazing that an American veteran of war is criticized because he can think on his own, has his own opinions, and doesn't follow the crowd. What has happened to the American sense of freedom and honor in this partisan climate of hatred?

"A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point of their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of 'up to and including my life. " anon

Did you see the hearing Midcan?

I honestly felt bad for the guy...this was text book peter principle.

Promoted to a level beyond his ability.

Secretary of Defense is not a position conducive to OJT.

Speaking of the pitfalls of on the job training in leadership positions, this President has proven over and over again that he and his team have yet to demonstrate a firm grasp of the term ' vetting process '.

It's an embarassment that Hagel, as unprepared as he was for this position, was even a top contender...much less considered the most qualified candidate and green lighted for Senate confirmation.

Last edited:
I find it amazing that an American veteran of war is criticized because he can think on his own, has his own opinions, and doesn't follow the crowd. What has happened to the American sense of freedom and honor in this partisan climate of hatred?

"A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point of their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of 'up to and including my life. " anon

Did you see the hearing Midcan?

I honestly felt bad for the guy...this was text book peter principle.

Promoted to a level beyond his ability.

Secretary of Defense is not a position conducive to OJT.

Speaking of the pitfalls of on the job training in leadership positions, this President has proven over and over again that he and his team have yet to demonstrate a firm grasp of the term ' vetting process '.

It's an embarassment that Hagel, as unprepared as he was for this position, was even a top contender...much less considered the most qualified candidate and green lighted for Senate confirmation.

It made me feel bad for the United States of America that a man as honorable and well qualified and well prepared to lead the US Defense Dept as Hagel had to sit through an inquisition of loaded questions from a cadre of dimwitted evangelical Zionist nutballs many of whom take legal bribes from the defense industry, while a filthy god damned anti-American neocon scum like Rumsfeld basically sailed through the process before helping a halfwitted inheritor and a thief start two shit-for-brains wars in Asia.

Yes, there is plenty of reason to feel bad for the nation.

Having a man as honorable and well qualified as Hagel nominated to lead the US Defense Dept back to respectability is not one of them.

Last edited:
Why is it that the opposition to Hagel seems to fit the same pattern as so many other of issues that have one thing in common, Obama wants it.

Why is it that the opposition to Hagel seems to fit the same pattern as so many other of issues that have one thing in common, Obama wants it.

Did you watch the Confirmation Hearing...Hagel was lost...over his head.

The only pattern that I see is Obama wants it, therefore his minions defend it, no matter how much ignorance Hagel demonstrates.

This guy's not qualified to be dog catcher.... I've never heard such a stammering, disconnected man.

Because so far Obama's been a fucking disaster.. that's why. Look at the people he surrounds himself with.. nuts, radicals, unrepentant terrorists and communists.

The only pattern that I see is Obama wants it, therefore his minions defend it, no matter how much ignorance Hagel demonstrates.

Watching it now. His opening comments were quite strong. The individuals who introduced Hagel, while very honorable, might have possibly been a little better.

Any parts of the hearing which particularly stand out? I will keep an eye out for them.

looked like it was a gotcha-fest for Repubs talking about the past. Not much discussed about what to do going forward.

OK, calling it like I see it. Hagel might be the smartest man of the block but he just can't take a punch. Ouch.

Hagel is unqualified but that's what makes him so perfect for an obama administration. Someone qualified wouldn't last.

In my opinion Hagel just bombed on a softball from McCaskill. He's no John Kerry.

In my opinion Hagel just bombed on a softball from McCaskill. He's no John Kerry.

Exactly.

I don't agree with John Kerry...but I do think he has a firm understanding of foreign policy...both the challenges and opportunities at State...and I think he is an intelligent person.

I don't have to agree with him...the President won the election, he can fill these positions with anyone he chooses who is capable of performing the duties of said position.

I didn't have any opinion on Hagel before his confirmation hearing.

After the hearing I concluded he was not only not qualified...he was so far out of his depth, he should not have even been considered.

Any parts of the hearing which particularly stand out? I will keep an eye out for them.

Containment, Iran, the Surge (McCain WAS somewhat heavy-handed in that exchange I'll concede, but a good leader must be able to admit mistakes and learn from them)...and the part where he basically said "don't worry, I'm not going to have much power", my jaw hit the floor.

He just doesn't prove even a rudimentary understanding of basic concepts, or that he was at all prepared for the hearing...much less the position.

Last edited:
• “Too often, it seems, he is willing to subscribe to a worldview that is predicated on appeasing our adversaries while shunning our friends.”

• “In 2001, he was one of just two Senators who voted against a bill extending harsh sanctions against Iran. A year later, he urged the Bush administration to support Iran’s membership in the World Trade Organization. He voted against a resolution designating Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps – a group responsible for the killing of American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan—a terrorist organization. And, on multiple occasions, he has advocated for direct negotiations with Iran—a regime that continues to repress its people, doggedly pursue a nuclear weapons capability, and employ terrorist proxies, including Hamas and Hezbollah, to threaten the security of Israel and the region.”

Yes, because clearly if he's not a war monger up there constantly beating the war drums to spread American imperialism around the world he isn't qualified.

Senator Inhofe's 3 following points were made about the nominee:

• “On the defense budget and sequestration, Senator Hagel’s views are contrary to the judgment of our top civilian and military leaders.”
• “Too often, it seems, he is willing to subscribe to a worldview that is predicated on appeasing our adversaries while shunning our friends.”
• “In 2001, he was one of just two Senators who voted against a bill extending harsh sanctions against Iran. A year later, he urged the Bush administration to support Iran’s membership in the World Trade Organization. He voted against a resolution designating Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps – a group responsible for the killing of American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan—a terrorist organization.

.) the current congress is responsible for the sequestration even existing
.) Repubs prefer using the military over diplomacy in no small part to keep the military industrial complex pumping out $ to contractors/campaign donors. I get it.
.) Unilateral sanctions only hurt the businesses in America which are losing out.

bottom line he is a Vietnam vet, as well as his brother, walking around with shrapnel in his chest and a 2-term senator

becki talking about "our troops" lol. Hagel's a vet, I'm a vet. becki? not so much.
I'm a full-fledged American citizne, Dot Com. Troops who defend this nation from detractors who'd maim, kill, and damage American citizens like they did in 9/11 go over there. 5,000 are never coming back. 30,000+ were wounded and a disproportionate number of them left body parts that were vaporized by Iran, Iraqi, Al-Qaeda, Talibani and Syrian donations of killing IEDs so horrible, updated to blow up the new and improved Humvee reinforcements that were put in at the expense of about 100,000 per vehicle, not to mention the extra gas guzzled to move a quarter of a ton of finest metals ever devised to withstand a blast. I feel VERY kindly when I see a young man in a wheelchair missing a hand or leg in America, or a make-do mechanical limb. I made as many quilts for wounded soldiers as I could from 2003-now wheelchair sized. I pray for people when I make quilts, that it goes to someone who needs to know Americans care for the troops, loves the troops, and want them to have every comfort.

If you hate it that's tough on you.

Forum List

Back