Soldiers In The Village!

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Talking about what is wrong with the US Senate as an institution satisfies the ego, but it doesn’t change anything. Nothing in recent years shows the Senate for the pathetic institution it is more than this:

More than a third of the entire Senate has demanded that President Barack Obama’s controversial appointments to a labor board that were recently ruled by a court as unconstitutional immediately resign those positions.

38 SENATORS DEMAND NLRB RESIGNATIONS
By: Audrey Hudson
2/1/2013 11:52 AM

38 Senators demand NLRB resignations - Conservative News

The indignation is about the presidential power the Senate gave to the office of president either directly, or by doing nothing when presidents increased their powers one bite at a time. Senators never stood up to any of the scum in the White House in the past. Even the media-engineered Nixon travesty did nothing to put limits on presidential authority. So why start with Hussein over recess appointments when they know damn well it is not going anywhere? (It’s possible they don’t know that Democrats control the Senate. Anything is possible in the Senate.)

Let me cop a plea here. For years I’ve posted messages suggesting presidential power should be reined in. A few senators complaining about unconstitutional recess appointments tells me “To hell with it.” If a few recess appointments the public does not care about is the best Senators can do to slap down a traitor in the White House maybe it’s time to give the president more power. Give traitors enough rope and they will hang themselves. In short: Beef up the office in anticipation of the day an America-loving president can use all of those powers against all of the quislings in the Senate and elsewhere.

And wouldn’t it be great to see a president order the marines to boot everybody in the United Nations out of the country. No executive orders, no permission from the Senate, just do it with the commander in chief’s authority. If it ever happens you can bet your butt Democrats will scream “President Goodguy overstepped his authority.”

After America’s enemies are gone from our shores turn the UN campus into a parking lot. That would be poetic justice since UN parasites never paid their parking tickets anyway.

Constitutional appointments are nothing to brag about

The Senate recently confirmed John Kerry by a vote of 94 to 3 and will probably confirm Biden’s sock puppet. I’ve never been a fan of Senator Hagel, but I felt so sorry for him I could not watch more than a minute of his confirmation testimony.

Kerry and Hagel are only the latest in a long list of sorry-ass types the Senate confirms. Hagel’s predecessor, Leon Panetta, was confirmed UNANIMOUSLY in spite of this:

Panetta keynoted pro-Soviet group's conference
Nominee for DoD chief gave address during height of Cold War
Posted: June 18, 201112:40 am Eastern
By Aaron Klein

Panetta keynoted pro-Soviet group?s conference

Democrats use children as a shield every time they want to pass a piece of filthy parasite legislation. “It’s for the children” is the only thing they have to say; so they should be raising holy hell over this:

On October 3, 2008, President George W. Bush signed into law “Child Soldiers Prevention Act of 2008,” a law that made it a federal crime to recruit or use soldiers under the age of 15. The law also gave the United States authority to “prosecute, deport or deny entry to individuals who have knowingly recruited children as soldiers.”

XXXXX

Over the weekend, while most Americans were too busy spending time with their children and keeping up with the latest sporting events to worry about executive orders, President Obama removed the teeth from this law; effectively making it void in the nations most guilty. The result - thousands of children throughout the Middle East and Africa may be drafted into foreign militaries, with the full blessings of the United States.

Sunday afternoon, President Obama signed a Presidential memorandum, stating the following:

“I hereby determine that it is in the national interest of the United States to waive the application of the prohibition in section 404(a) of the CSPA [Child Soldiers Prevention Act of 2008] with respect to Libya, South Sudan, and Yemen… and the issuance of licenses for direct commercial sales of U.S. origin defense articles; and I hereby waive such provisions accordingly.”

Section 404(a) deals with exporting arms to countries that allow child-soldiers.

Published On: Tue, Oct 2nd, 2012
BIG NEWS: Obama Waives Bush Law Banning Child Soldiers
Share This
By: Jeremy TK Farley

BIG NEWS: Obama Waives Bush Law Banning Child Soldiers ? ConstitutionSchool

Finally, Hillary Clinton wrote a novel titled It Takes a Village: And Other Lessons Children Teach Us. She was secretary of state when Hussein signed his presidential memorandum, yet she did not resign in protest. I assume she did not object because she wants child soldiers teaching the rest of us how to live in her village.

Forum List

Back