Chuch Schumer vows to shut down government

Hackery at its finest.
I wish the duopoly would drop dead

There is a difference. The difference is, the GOP shut down government because they did not want to increase the debt ceiling, however, they ultimately buckled and conceded.

The Dims, on the other hand, will ultimately prevail, either via Congress or the courts.

The message is, Dims control the federal government no matter what the election results may provide.

Well, the partisan system is broken. The Republican do something, and then get pissy when the other side does the same thing. The Republicans claim some kind of bullshit justification and pretend there's no justification for the other side.

It's getting ridiculous and the system of voting needs to change to allow more parties in to stop this partisan bullshit that is destroy the country.
No, it's wrong when everyone does it, not just when a Republican does it.

I'm not sure I said that it was only wrong when the Republicans do it. I don't like partisan bullshit on either side, hence why I said the system is broken.

Hackery at its finest.

There is a difference. The difference is, the GOP shut down government because they did not want to increase the debt ceiling, however, they ultimately buckled and conceded.

The Dims, on the other hand, will ultimately prevail, either via Congress or the courts.

The message is, Dims control the federal government no matter what the election results may provide.

Well, the partisan system is broken. The Republican do something, and then get pissy when the other side does the same thing. The Republicans claim some kind of bullshit justification and pretend there's no justification for the other side.

It's getting ridiculous and the system of voting needs to change to allow more parties in to stop this partisan bullshit that is destroy the country.

I'm not sure I said that it was only wrong when the Republicans do it. I don't like partisan bullshit on either side, hence why I said the system is broken.
The system isn't broken. Politicians and judges just aren't abiding by it. Different thing.

Hackery at its finest.

Not sure if I would go as far as saying systems are broken. Over the years a lot of politicians have claimed many systems are broken, then proceed to screw them up even more. I'm more inclined to say most of the fricken clowns that get elected to office, at any level, are the broken ones.

Hackery at its finest.

Not sure if I would go as far as saying systems are broken. Over the years a lot of politicians have claimed many systems are broken, then proceed to screw them up even more. I'm more inclined to say most of the fricken clowns that get elected to office, at any level, are the broken ones.

But they ARE the people getting elected. Why are they getting elected? Well, because people are voting negatively for a start. In Germany 10% of the voters vote for the main two parties in FPTP (like in the US) and vote for smaller parties in PR. Says a lot.

But they ARE the people getting elected. Why are they getting elected? Well, because people are voting negatively for a start. In Germany 10% of the voters vote for the main two parties in FPTP (like in the US) and vote for smaller parties in PR. Says a lot.

Promise them the world...give them nothing.

The Republicans made it clear the last 8 years they weren't going to work with Democrats or president Obama on anything.

So now you have what you wanted Republican'ts, get a fork and spoon and eat up. This deep dish fuck you is going to last a loooong time. Don't like the taste? But you really enjoyed making others eat it? This is how children view the world. Sorry when you f'k with other people you get that shit shoved back down your throat so eat up.
Democrats did not hold onto Congress that long before Obamacare had them defeated in 2010.
How did all that opposition towards Obama care work out again?
Over 1000 seats in local and state government's the loss of the congress and the Senate and the Presidency. I'm guessing it worked out pretty well.

Cheating and voter suppression does work wonders. It's too bad Republicans don't have a world view they can just put forth and ask people to vote for it, they have to lie about what they are. The Republican base can't stand Boehner, Ryan, and McConnell because these liars say one thing when running and then do the opposite when elected. Like Drumpf.

The Republicans made it clear the last 8 years they weren't going to work with Democrats or president Obama on anything.

So now you have what you wanted Republican'ts, get a fork and spoon and eat up. This deep dish fuck you is going to last a loooong time. Don't like the taste? But you really enjoyed making others eat it? This is how children view the world. Sorry when you f'k with other people you get that shit shoved back down your throat so eat up.
Democrats did not hold onto Congress that long before Obamacare had them defeated in 2010.
Over 1000 seats in local and state government's the loss of the congress and the Senate and the Presidency. I'm guessing it worked out pretty well.

Cheating and voter suppression does work wonders. It's too bad Republicans don't have a world view they can just put forth and ask people to vote for it, they have to lie about what they are. The Republican base can't stand Boehner, Ryan, and McConnell because these liars say one thing when running and then do the opposite when elected. Like Drumpf.

Imagine that, we can't stand Schumer, Pelosi, Waters, or former Senator Reid either...just to list a few.

Imagine that, we can't stand Schumer, Pelosi, Waters, or former Senator Reid either...just to list a few.

You can't answer why the Republican base can't stand their own elected. Too tough to talk about reality eh.

Hackery at its finest.

You're absolutely correct Votto. The Dems always control government because they always control the unelected 4th branch of our government, that being the dominate liberal mass media. The conservative perspective is only represented by Fox, and right now that network can't get out of its own way.

Chuck Schumer vows to shut down government over border wall funding — but still blames Republicans

I suppose this is how things will be from now on. When the minority party is out of power in the White House, they will just shut down government to get their way.
Well, you can't be too hard on Chuckie; after all, the Democrats are still trying to decide who they are and what they stand for, so naturally they want to put the country on hold until they work it out.

It's clear what Democrats stand for- power and control. What they are trying to figure out now is what should their collective message be in order to get elected. Look, the the Dems passed BOcare when they controlled congress and not a single person who voted for it read the bill or knew what was in it. But since they were told to vote for it by the "party", they did, Because they are sheep loyal to their party, not principles or ideas. Now that the GOP controls congress they can't even get a bill to vote on. Why? Because they are not loyal to the GOP, and are guided more by their principles and ideas. Dems will win back congress in 4 years, and likely within 2.

Chuck Schumer vows to shut down government over border wall funding — but still blames Republicans

I suppose this is how things will be from now on. When the minority party is out of power in the White House, they will just shut down government to get their way.
Well, you can't be too hard on Chuckie; after all, the Democrats are still trying to decide who they are and what they stand for, so naturally they want to put the country on hold until they work it out.

It's clear what Democrats stand for- power and control. What they are trying to figure out now is what should their collective message be in order to get elected. Look, the the Dems passed BOcare when they controlled congress and not a single person who voted for it read the bill or knew what was in it. But since they were told to vote for it by the "party", they did, Because they are sheep loyal to their party, not principles or ideas. Now that the GOP controls congress they can't even get a bill to vote on. Why? Because they are not loyal to the GOP, and are guided more by their principles and ideas. Dems will win back congress in 4 years, and likely within 2.
Imo, the Republicans will increase their majority in the House in 2018 and most likely at least hold on to the Senate. While the Democrats did march in lockstep for Obama, that was because the Party can't win national elections without overwhelming support from black Americans and whenever anyone opposed Obama too strongly, he or she was accused of racism.

These accusations were so compelling to Democrats in Congress because the Party is no longer a Party of national issues but a Party that shapes its positions on the need to appease certain groups, such as black Americans, Hispanic Americans, people anxious about climate change and other environmental issues and teachers unions. So during the election, Clinton who had historically been a strong opponent of illegal immigration, could only talk about "building bridges not walls" while Trump hammered away at illegal immigration because she was afraid of alienating the Hispanic vote, and many "economic Democrats" abandoned the Party to vote for Trump because of Democratic policies that favored the interests of environmentalists without regard to the damage and hardship they had caused to the families and communities of many of the economic Democrats.

As President Trump continues to work to keep American jobs in America and for Americans, he will keep the support of the former economic Democrats and if he gets his tax package through Congress, it will make it more profitable for most companies to manufacture here in the US than overseas and could lead to a Republican landslide in 2020.

Imo, the Republicans will increase their majority in the House in 2018 and most likely at least hold on to the Senate. While the Democrats did march in lockstep for Obama, that was because the Party can't win national elections without overwhelming support from black Americans and whenever anyone opposed Obama too strongly, he or she was accused of racism.

These accusations were so compelling to Democrats in Congress because the Party is no longer a Party of national issues but a Party that shapes its positions on the need to appease certain groups, such as black Americans, Hispanic Americans, people anxious about climate change and other environmental issues and teachers unions. So during the election, Clinton who had historically been a strong opponent of illegal immigration, could only talk about "building bridges not walls" while Trump hammered away at illegal immigration because she was afraid of alienating the Hispanic vote, and many "economic Democrats" abandoned the Party to vote for Trump because of Democratic policies that favored the interests of environmentalists without regard to the damage and hardship they had caused to the families and communities of many of the economic Democrats.

As President Trump continues to work to keep American jobs in America and for Americans, he will keep the support of the former economic Democrats and if he gets his tax package through Congress, it will make it more profitable for most companies to manufacture here in the US than overseas and could lead to a Republican landslide in 2020.

Let's see Paul Ryan and the GOP congress pass a bill which propmotes the Trump agenda. They couldn't do anything on BOcare, and it remains to be see if they can do anything on tax reform. It's going to be difficult to keep congress if they don't advance the agenda which elected Trump.

Let's see Paul Ryan and the GOP congress pass a bill which propmotes the Trump agenda. They couldn't do anything on BOcare, and it remains to be see if they can do anything on tax reform. It's going to be difficult to keep congress if they don't advance the agenda which elected Trump.

Except you know Trump isn't even gong to advance the agenda that elected Trump. Trump promised everybody pie in the sky, and even Trump is afraid to ask congress for what he promised, knowing congress isn't dumb enough to support Trump at their own political demise.

Actually the republicans should be leaving this charge, instead of leaving it to the minority. Trump ran on building a wall paid for by the Mexicans. Nobody voted for Trump to in order to pay for the wall themselves.

Except you know Trump isn't even gong to advance the agenda that elected Trump. Trump promised everybody pie in the sky, and even Trump is afraid to ask congress for what he promised, knowing congress isn't dumb enough to support Trump at their own political demise.

Why don't you mention something specific, and maybe we can discuss it. The failure to get something done on BOcare is on Paul Ryan, not the orange clown.

Why don't you mention something specific, and maybe we can discuss it. The failure to get something done on BOcare is on Paul Ryan, not the orange clown.

But Trump/Ryan can't push tax reform, before repealing the Obamacare tax, stalling most of Trumps domestic agenda. And Trumps failure to even get repeal/ replace up for a vote is Trumps fault. He sold himself as a 'dealmaker' who can't get a deal republicans have been running on for the last 6 years to come up for a vote.

But Trump/Ryan can't push tax reform, before repealing the Obamacare tax, stalling most of Trumps domestic agenda. And Trumps failure to even get repeal/ replace up for a vote is Trumps fault. He sold himself as a 'dealmaker' who can't get a deal republicans have been running on for the last 6 years to come up for a vote.

Trump and Ryan share the blame. Ryan has so far proven to be an ineffective Speaker. Dems generally fall inline with their party, because they covet power over principles. GOP has factions that keep them from effectively governing, and Ryan hasn't been able to overcome those divisions. BOcare will get worse as time goes by, and the GOP IS going to likely lose their opportunity to mitigate the worst of ACA shortcomings. When they lose seats in congress the Dems will put in some fixes and the GOP will sit by with their collective thumbs up their asses. Dems are so much better at politics than Reps, sadly.

If it comes down to it I see Schumer and the Democrats shoving the campaign promise of Mexico paying for the wall down Trump's throat. I think there are stronger issues for the Republicans to stand on to make sure the Democrats are seen as the obstructionist.

They aren't including that crime in their statistics, douche bag.
Because illegal immigration isn't a criminal offense, you racist, ignorant rube.
If it's not a criminal offense why is it called illegal?
It's a misdemeanor, not a felony. However, it's still a crime.
It's not a misdemeanor. It's a civil issue. If you are found to be in the country illegally, civil immigration proceedings follow. No criminal judge is ever involved.
There are only two kinds of criminals. The felony kind and the misdemeanor kind. Both are criminals it's just the level of the offense. And breaking the law to come here is a criminal offense. You may have noticed that since Trump began enforcing our laws. Which is pretty much all of the immigration reform we have ever needed.

Again, illegal immigration is not a criminal offense. It really is that simple.

Forum List

Back