Chrysler: Another President Obama Success!

Was the federal bailout of Chrysler a good thing for America?

• Total voters
If many conservatives had had their way a couple of years ago, Chrysler, the car company, AND all those Chrysler jobs, AND the support jobs in the factory towns, AND many of the automotive supplier jobs which depended on the auto and truck manufacturer would be GONE.

Thankfully, President Obama and his team had far greater vision and a damn sight more common sense than conservatives had.

The liberal position on bailouts. "Corperate welfare is bad unless the corperation is unionised and Obama bails them out. "

Friggen right on, he saved his Union pals jobs (because they HELPED with getting him elected)... while the rest of us could just go to hell.
We should all bow down and kiss the ground the Obama walks on.. good gawd Obamabots are stupid creatures.

Last edited:
If many conservatives had had their way a couple of years ago, Chrysler, the car company, AND all those Chrysler jobs, AND the support jobs in the factory towns, AND many of the automotive supplier jobs which depended on the auto and truck manufacturer would be GONE.

Thankfully, President Obama and his team had far greater vision and a damn sight more common sense than conservatives had.

The liberal position on bailouts. "Corperate welfare is bad unless the corperation is unionised and Obama bails them out. "

Well, in my opinion when obie doodle has paid back all the money he took from the shareholders, the pension funds and the people who held GM's debt then they haven't paid back what they owe. So libturds can go sell that story to someone else.

This probably the best possible outcome for everyone.

Unions workers get to keep their inflated pay packages. Management gets to stay on at their inflated salaries. Obama gets to count on both fo them for re-election support.

And the creditors and American taxpayer? Oh yeah, he gets it in the shorts.

Friggen right on, he saved his Union pals jobs (because they HELPED with getting him elected)... while the rest of us could just go to hell.
We should all bow down and kiss the ground the Obama walks on.. good gawd Obamabots are stupid creatures.

And then what did GM do? After the bailout? They built an 800 million dollar plant in Mexico and the libtards crow V I C T O R Y.. Dumbasses. I swear they are too dumb to find their ass in the dark.

LOL @ you for believing that Chrysler would have went out of business if they had went through bankruptcy without federal aid.

The Stupid fucks either do not understand, or do not want to Admit. That Companies regularly go through bankruptcy and come out the other side strong and more profitable for it. It was highly unlikely Chrysler would have gone under.

They simply do not care about facts.

LOL @ you for believing that Chrysler would have went out of business if they had went through bankruptcy without federal aid.

The Stupid fucks either do not understand, or do not want to Admit. That Companies regularly go through bankruptcy and come out the other side strong and more profitable for it. It was highly unlikely Chrysler would have gone under.

No they would not have went under. A few creditors would have lost money, no doubt about that. The union would have taken the brunt of the hit though, and THAT is exactly what Obama was protecting here. THE UNION.

Dishonest dumbfucks up in here, that's for sure.

Just heard on NBC Nightly News that Chrysler repaid the loans not from profits, but with bank loans and bonds sales.

So Chrysler is no better off than it was before.

They should have gone through bankruptcy. They'd have been better off.

Anyone remember the 'K' Cars from another Bankruptcy regarding Chrysler?

The 1980 Chrysler Bailout

Will a third time be a charm?:eusa_whistle:

I don't understand why our taxpay'd dollars should go to bail out a private company.

Any company.

Hell, if I was going under, and cried "Help" does anyone feel I should get a check?

I think not.

This bailout stuff is nonsense.

Let failed businesses do just that - fail.

Has nothing to do with Obama or the Government.

Chrysler dumped Bob Nardelli. Thats what brought them around.

Robert Louis Nardelli (born May 17, 1948, in Old Forge, Pennsylvania) was the chairman and chief executive officer of Chrysler. He had earlier served in a similar capacity at The Home Depot from December 2000 to January 2007. Prior to that, Nardelli had risen to become one of the top four executives at General Electric. CNBC named Nardelli as one of the "Worst American CEOs of All Time".[1]

On March 17, 2009, Nardelli said that Chrysler Financial would require a second round of loans.[11] On April 21, 2009, it was revealed that a $750 million loan from the government was turned down, on the grounds that it would have required that executive compensation be capped.[12] On April 30, 2009, Chrysler filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and it was announced that Nardelli's replacement (Sergio Marchionne [13]) would likely face a pay cap.[14]

Robert Nardelli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just heard on NBC Nightly News that Chrysler repaid the loans not from profits, but with bank loans and bonds sales.

So Chrysler is no better off than it was before.

They should have gone through bankruptcy. They'd have been better off.

SAME could be said for ANY entity that took taxpayer funds.

Well, except for the unions.
Indeed. But then that would point to Unions Money Laundering in cahoots with Democrats...with occasional bones thrown to Repubicans to throw us off the trail...

Bush bailed out Chrysler not Obama!

Aren't you happy that those rich Cerberus private investors got bailed out?

Chrysler is not paying us back for anything & GM didn't either!

GM repaid the TARP loans with money it withdrew from another TARP fund at the Treasury Department.

it always cracks me up to see the left give obama all the credit for the auto bailouts....when it was bush who first bailed them out....repeatedly

I don't understand why our taxpay'd dollars should go to bail out a private company.

Any company.

Hell, if I was going under, and cried "Help" does anyone feel I should get a check?

I think not.

This bailout stuff is nonsense.

Let failed businesses do just that - fail.

Agreed. Public OR Private. It's an affront to true liberty. Sink or swim. As to Individual failures in society? We used to have charities. Gubmint has taken on that role now, and it was never meant to be from the Founding of this Republic.

I don't understand. The taxpayer never got 'robbed'... we provided a loan to them and they're paying it back accordingly. The bailout of Chrysler and the auto industry was a success that some say saved as much as 3 million jobs. That combined with the cash for clunkers program gave the auto-industry much needed help to stay afloat. Business is now on the upswing (at least in that industry) because of Obama's policies.

Obama fucked Chrysler senior secured creditors to turn Chrysler over to his Union thugs.

It's part of the reason the dollar continues to free fall, no one wants to do business with people who run up deficits larger than the entire budget for any other county and then fuck over their debt holders.

Obama fucked Chrysler senior secured creditors to turn Chrysler over to his Union thugs.

It's part of the reason the dollar continues to free fall, no one wants to do business with people who run up deficits larger than the entire budget for any other county and then fuck over their debt holders.

And the UNIONS being the main beneficiaries at the expense of the US Taxpayer.

Forum List

Back