Christians are not to take in blood.

Liar. Plain and simple you are a LIAR.

No, I'm not.

You said and I quote:

Uh, what? I am a Christian. :eusa_eh:

Not if you do not believe or follow the Bible.

Christians do not get to just ignore the inconvenient commands given to them. Remember the wide road to damnation and the narrow cramped road to ever lasting life?

You even used Leviticus. All of those things I listed are in the bible.

You can not help yourself can you? You are a bald faced liar. Christians know that the New Testament supersedes the Old Testament.

Once again just for you. I PROVIDED IN WRITING the CURRENT NEW TESTAMENT Commandment to not partake of blood. I provided the original passages dealing with it for context on what Jesus meant.

I even explained that.

So I am left with only one assumption, you are a LIAR.

Ohh ya I am STILL waiting for you to explain how I cherry picked it. I provided the passage in this thread. A good Christian would not resort to lies when faced with an inconvenience, a good Christian would attempt to explain to someone what it is they supposedly got wrong.

You however resorted to LYING about what I have said.

What brought all this on, RetiredGySgt? Having a bad day?

No I had a good day. I had my bible study and learned two new things. One, that animals have a soul and two we are commanded not to partake of blood of anything with a soul.

As a Christian it is my duty to pass knowledge on. I happen to know most professed Christians do NOT know of this commandment.

Does this mean your a vegan now too?

God told Noah that we could partake of flesh as long as we did not partake of blood. Jesus did not say otherwise. All he did is ensure the commandment not to partake of blood still stood. That would be in the passages I provided for background.

You can not help yourself can you? You are a bald faced liar. Christians know that the New Testament supersedes the Old Testament.

You need to reread Matthew.

Matthew 5:17-20 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

From Jesus himself:

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

From Timothy:

2 Timothy 3:15-17 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

From Jesus himself:

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

From Timothy:

15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

And you have yet to explain how my take on a direct commandment from Jesus is cherry picking. Further you are here implying that one must follow the commandments from the old Testament. My passage clearly indicates that those commandments are not in force anymore, but as you quoted, used for guidance and contemplation.

From Jesus himself:

From Timothy:

YOU lied about what I said. Admit it and move on.

No I had a good day. I had my bible study and learned two new things. One, that animals have a soul and two we are commanded not to partake of blood of anything with a soul.

As a Christian it is my duty to pass knowledge on. I happen to know most professed Christians do NOT know of this commandment.

God told Noah that we could partake of flesh as long as we did not partake of blood. Jesus did not say otherwise. All he did is ensure the commandment not to partake of blood still stood. That would be in the passages I provided for background.

Beef still holds blood ever try and press it? So does chicken and pork. All flesh holds traces of blood.

Beef still holds blood ever try and press it? So does chicken and pork. All flesh holds traces of blood.

Not if you cook it properly.

According to RGS, if Christians do not do the following, they are not real Christians:

Kill Homosexuals, Kill Disobedient Children, Kill women who are not virgins at the time of marriage, Kill people who commit adultery, Kill nonbelievers, Kill anyone who practices any form of witchcraft, Kill anyone who doesn't listen to a priest, and of course kill anyone who works on the sabbath.

Wonder if that means no more football. :eusa_think:

Liar. Plain and simple you are a LIAR. I provided the CURRENT commandment to not partake of blood. It came directly from JESUS. I even printed it out for those to lazy to look or those who have no bible. The old Testament passages are for clarity on what is meant by blood.

You have yet to explain how I cherry picked. If this is your tact, to simply lie about what is said, then I can assume you won't be providing context. Another failure on your part. You see, if you were really a Christian and REALLY believed you were right you would school me on how I am wrong.

Once again proof Modbert is a bald faced liar.

Learned a new one today. Jesus ordered that Christians were not to partake of the blood of any living creature, including man. Blood is part of the Soul, which all living things have. ( something else I learned today)

In Noah's time the commandant was given and repeated in Mose's time. The New Testament supersedes the laws of Moses. However Jesus repeated the commandment.

Acts 15: 28, 29

Acts 21: 25

This command is not to take blood into oneself for any reason, by any means. That would include transfusions.

Fortunately there are alternate means to blood for surgery and life threatening events.
You silly, illogical fool. The discussion was reconciling Jews and Christians and they were clearly discussing the law from the OT forbidding the eating/drinking of blood.

Has nothing to do with transfusions...you'd sound more intelligent if you were a PETA member claiming the bible insisted we be vegans.

:cuckoo:

Learned a new one today. Jesus ordered that Christians were not to partake of the blood of any living creature, including man. Blood is part of the Soul, which all living things have. ( something else I learned today)

In Noah's time the commandant was given and repeated in Mose's time. The New Testament supersedes the laws of Moses. However Jesus repeated the commandment.

This command is not to take blood into oneself for any reason, by any means. That would include transfusions.

Fortunately there are alternate means to blood for surgery and life threatening events.
You silly, illogical fool. The discussion was reconciling Jews and Christians and they were clearly discussing the law from the OT forbidding the eating/drinking of blood.

Has nothing to do with transfusions...you'd sound more intelligent if you were a PETA member claiming the bible insisted we be vegans.

When you eat or drink blood where does it go? Why it goes into your bloodstream through the intestinal track. In fact if it were just pissed or crapped out with no intake into said bloodstream there would be no need to make a commandment not to eat or drink blood. The context is that you are taking one something else's soul. Transfusions definitely apply.

I repeat, if a doctor orders you not to drink alcohol is then ok to get it intravenously?

Without commenting on whether I agree with RSG or not, Bert you're a fucking liar. You do this consistently, Make claims that people said things they didn't say , RSG clearly showed quotes from Jesus and was not relying on old testament law to justify his position. Now I part ways with RSG on his translation, or more to the point his Bible study leader's translation, but that isn't the argument YOU made. You instead LIED about his remarks.

You little boy are a liar.

When you eat or drink blood where does it go? Why it goes into your bloodstream through the intestinal track. In fact if it were just pissed or crapped out with no intake into said bloodstream there would be no need to make a commandment not to eat or drink blood. The context is that you are taking one something else's soul. Transfusions definitely apply.

I repeat, if a doctor orders you not to drink alcohol is then ok to get it intravenously?
So you are becoming a vegan, I take it? And you'll never rescue a dying person or animal if they happen to be bleeding?

You've really outdone yourself with stupidity here...have you been hanging around with Jehovah Witnesses?

YOU lied about what I said. Admit it and move on.

I didn't lie. You said those who don't follow the bible are not good Christians. You try to say Jesus didn't preach a message of non-violence like a complete moron.

The New Testament's existence simply does not invalidate everything in the Old Testament as you seem to think. It's quite lulzy actually as you were the one quoting me Leviticus earlier.

I'll use New Testament verses then so you can dodge those too:

Romans 1:24-32, the infamous bible verse where we're told to kill Homosexuals.

1 Timothy 6:1-3 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

2And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.

3If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

Ephesians 6:5-7 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

5Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

6Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

7With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:

1 Timothy 2:11-15 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Hear that ladies? As long as you have kids, you shall be saved!

Ephesians 5:22-24 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

w2Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

I could go on really, but I do believe that's enough. It's difficult to find someone who agrees with every little thing in the bible RGS. To call someone a non-Christian simply because they don't believe in every little thing is hypocritical and unrealistic.

Forum List

Back