Zone1 Christian Proselytizing

Apparently it is what you think, and as it is your thread, that is what matters. I saw your thread was going a little off track and thought perhaps I could help. Obviously, I was wrong, but I do wish your thread becomes all you had hoped for.
No, I don't think I have to stay silent until everyone gets along.

That is the nonsense you bring to the table. You're very crafty and deceptive. Jesus' words are clear. In so many ways you've chosen your own path

You really are clueless.
Actually, what I have is a wider perspective than what some may be willing to assess. I go back to the language Jesus used and what the intent of that language in his day.

In Jesus day, which culture more closely followed God's ways (on earth as it is in heaven)? How closely does our own way (culture) match God's culture in heaven?

Actually, what I have is a wider perspective than what some may be willing to assess. I go back to the language Jesus used and what the intent of that language in his day.

In Jesus day, which culture more closely followed God's ways (on earth as it is in heaven)? How closely does our own way (culture) match God's culture in heaven?
Great Commission or God never knew you.

You should spend more time judging yourself. You seem to need to dance around the very basic and easily understood COMMANDS

"Go and make disciples of all nations"-- Jesus

that would not include anything written in the 4th century christian bible the religion of servitude and denial - of which did not exist prior to the 1st century.

they taught and gave their lives in the 1st century for liberation theology, self determination - seldom a word spoken by the desert adherents.

If approached, I take whatever material people want to pawn off on me in order to be polite, and then throw it away at the next available opportunity. Everyone has different beliefs, and no one has a monopoly on truth.

Maybe you should stop doing what you make up in your head and start doing what God said to do.
1. Love God
2. Love one's fellowman
3. Discern the will of God and follow it.
4. God's will--and ways--be done on earth as it is in heaven.
5. Make disciples...which when Jesus said it, meant teach, have students, even students for a lifetime.

Suggesting that Jesus may have had something greater in mind than handing out pamphlets (that we hear people politely accept and throw away) or go knocking on doors (which annoys many) has certainly caused people in this thread to judge unfavorably how I follow Jesus' instructions. Shrug. Is handing out pamphlets and annoying one's neighbor how things are done in heaven?

Or...might there be a better way of making disciples, especially disciples of all nations?

Jesus was clear: "go out and make disciples of all nations.". But HOW is the problem.

Today I was at a supermarket and while going to my car a friend of my older brother's stopped me mostly to ask about him. I didnt recognize the guy but I remember his name.

I was walking to my car and he came back and said, "I don't know if you're interested, but this is from my church" and he walked away.

It was one of those oldstyle comic book Bible tracts (how do you know if you're going to heaven).

Before he walked away I said, "not really (interested). I have my own beliefs."

I firmly understand the saying, "Nobody wants to be someone's mission field."

I had a JW try to talk to me, and I'm not rude, but I make it clear that I don't share their beliefs (in some things I do).

Then he offered me his Watch Tower and I graciously accepted it UNTIL he asked my to pay him for it. So I handed it back.

While the practice is biblical, there seems to be something off when I compare it to the lives the apostles lived. Somehow I just can't see them passing out comic book tracts
I'm more of the mind that if I want to know , I'll ask you.

Personally I think it is quite rude to approach people you don't know to try and promote anything.

Converting is kind of a distraction.

For this is what the Lord has commanded us:

“‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.’”

Acts 13:47

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Mark 16:15

How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!

Romans 10:14–15

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

Romans 1:16–17

After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go. Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.

Luke 10:1-2

and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things.

Luke 24:47-48

So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.”

John 20:21

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Acts 1:8

Let the redeemed of the Lord say so,

Psalm 107:2

Should I go on?

It's better to listen to God than to a priest.

Should I go on?

It's better to listen to God than to a priest.
Absolutely you should go on! I spontaneously burst out laughing. Each day--in fact each hour of the day--priests are not only proclaiming the Gospel and salvation--they are teaching it. At the same time you tell people to "preach"--and tell them not to listen to what is preached. Hilarious.

Absolutely you should go on! I spontaneously burst out laughing. Each day--in fact each hour of the day--priests are not only proclaiming the Gospel and salvation--they are teaching it. At the same time you tell people to "preach"--and tell them not to listen to what is preached. Hilarious.

I started writing a response to this, but changed my mind, because the reality is we belong to two different religions. You seem very happy with your beliefs and derisive of anything to the contrary, so...not much point in continuing here. Blessings.

derisive of anything to the contrary
I am not derisive of anything, especially not religion. If you have a particular comment in mind, let's take a second look. Your remark about Catholic priests...was that respectful, or was it more a derisive comment? You decide.

I am not derisive of anything, especially not religion. If you have a particular comment in mind, let's take a second look. Your remark about Catholic priests...was that respectful, or was it more a derisive comment? You decide.

No, because I would say the same thing about ANY human being. Not just priests. The point stands that we should always listen to God first. God's word is clear on this matter. But again, I'm not interested in arguing this, since you seem to have a fundamentally different idea on salvation and the Gospel.

Forum List

Back