Christian Conservative Hate Group causes cancellation of Tea Party Rally

The message is that homsexuality doesn't need to be promoted to children, from what I can see.

I agree. Children shouldn't be sexualized, period. And they don't need blatant sexual imagery thrown in front of them all the time. From what I read on the site, the gripe is with overt sexual imagery and indoctrination. I didn't read everything, but that's what I got. The objection was to cross dressers in the schools and the gay pride parades, which include children.

They're also lobbying against homosexual marriage. The jury is still out on that one. Honestly, I don't have a problem with homosexual marriage, but the minute the state determines it's a violation of civil rights to NOT grant homosexuals marriage, the state will start telling the churches what they must do. That's my only objection to it.

And I know that's what the pro-marriage lobbyists want. Because homosexuals can already find churches and clergy that will marry them in religious ceremonies.

You know...that's an interesting point you bring up.....I wonder about all those kids DRAGGED to street corners here in California a couple of autumns ago and told to hold up signs "Yes on 8". I wonder did their parents explain why they were doing that. I wonder if these kids would have heard about homosexuals and homosexuality before that in school or if their parents laid it all out for them LONG before they would have heard about it in school, or from TV, or from friends.

You have just forfeited any credibility, respect, enlightenment and regard. You have forfeited any legitimate claim that Liberals are in any way intellectually inferior to you. You have staked out a claim in Ignorance Territory and are welcome to it.

But never NEVER criticize me or my fellow Liberals here again as "loony", "stupid", "kooky" or any other disparaging term.

You are proving your worth as an adversary, and that worth is nothing.

hahahaha, I will do as I wish, like I always have. I've been around too many moons to change now.
I'm a free thinker, I don't have to fall into "GROUP THINK" like you lefties.
:lol:

You may very well be free Stephanie, but no one believes you're a thinker.

hahaha, now who didn't see that one coming. you musta had to THINK long and hard to come up with that one.:lol:

Checking out the website, I don't see raciali issues being at all the focus of the group MassResistance. In fact, I didn't see race mentioned at all.
I asked stephanie to put the message of MassResistance in CONTEXT with the controversy over Racism.

And of course racism and homosexuality have absolutely nothing to do with one another. So there is no context.

Nor have you proved that this speaker was going to talk about his platform for MassResistance. You have no clue what he was going to say. You have no idea what he was invited to say.

Context matters. But I suppose it's convenient to forget about it.
The context is bigotry and prejudice. Ever consider them? I read through the MassResistance website and found nothing other than anti-Gay screeds. Why should we guess that a movement with MassResistance's agenda would have something enlightening to say about the marginal tax rates of people making greater than $250,000?

Seems MassResistance has cut it's own bolt of cloth here and the message is social not fiscal.

What's anti-gay about not wanting sexuality promoted to children?

I get so tired of being labeled as a hater for not approving of open promotion of homosexuality.

hahahaha, I will do as I wish, like I always have. I've been around too many moons to change now.
I'm a free thinker, I don't have to fall into "GROUP THINK" like you lefties.
:lol:

You may very well be free Stephanie, but no one believes you're a thinker.

Don't speak for everyone!
It drives Bodecea nuts!

It's a postulate, maybe unproven but suggesting so is tantamount to posting everyone believes in gravity. Those who don't, well, are 'different'.

I wasn't aware anyone had proved the tea party was promoting racism or homophobia.

masresistance is against marriage equality and all gay rights related issues. This is why they were disinvited from the Tea Party rally.

There has certainly been plenty of flap over some racist signs at Tea Party rallies. Where have you been?

I thought the event was canceled. I thought other speakers pulled out because Camenker of MassResistance was speaking.

I don't think they simply asked Camenker not to speak.

Immie

The message is that homsexuality doesn't need to be promoted to children, from what I can see.

I agree. Children shouldn't be sexualized, period. And they don't need blatant sexual imagery thrown in front of them all the time. From what I read on the site, the gripe is with overt sexual imagery and indoctrination. I didn't read everything, but that's what I got. The objection was to cross dressers in the schools and the gay pride parades, which include children.

They're also lobbying against homosexual marriage. The jury is still out on that one. Honestly, I don't have a problem with homosexual marriage, but the minute the state determines it's a violation of civil rights to NOT grant homosexuals marriage, the state will start telling the churches what they must do. That's my only objection to it.

And I know that's what the pro-marriage lobbyists want. Because homosexuals can already find churches and clergy that will marry them in religious ceremonies.

You clearly do not understand civil marriage equality issues. We are talking about civil marriage. It has nothing to do with Churches.

Gay people are not trying to shut down Churches.

BUT, some churches are trying to 'shut down' gays and lesbians.

If you go to their website it's pretty evident what they're about.

Yeah it is pretty obvious what MassResistance is about. From the website we see

1) That they aren't claiming to be a Christian group.
2) They have nothing to do with Race

They are clearly against anything gay. Does that make them a hate group? I suppose if you label anyone who disagrees with you on a political issue a hate group.

And the family is hardly a wedge issue. I find it alitlte convenient that any issue you would lose on is "a wedge issue". What's wrong with honest debate on the matter? If your position is so strong don't you think you could debate it? Don't you think you should be able to persuade the people to pass your laws voluntarily instead of literally forcing them on the people through the courts?

How about instead of worrying about whether they hate someone or not, you work on your own issues of hate and stop misrepresenting other people?

Stephanie bows to no one, save Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh....

I'd rather bow to them, then to be a good little goosestepping sheep-tool of the Democrat-Progressive-commie party.

Thanks for admitting you bow to them.

England-London-Stoke-Newington-Clissold-Park-Stoke-grey-grey-December-day-Please-do-not-feed-the-animals-sign-on-metal-fence-of-animal-enclosure-1-JR.jpg

You clearly do not understand civil marriage equality issues. We are talking about civil marriage. It has nothing to do with Churches.

Actually, it's all about shutting down churches. You just don't see all the players on the board.

What's anti-gay about not wanting sexuality promoted to children?

I get so tired of being labeled as a hater for not approving of open promotion of homosexuality.

It's taking the truth about event and distorting it for political purposes. massrresistance twists the facts.

Checking out the website, I don't see raciali issues being at all the focus of the group MassResistance. In fact, I didn't see race mentioned at all.
I asked stephanie to put the message of MassResistance in CONTEXT with the controversy over Racism.

And of course racism and homosexuality have absolutely nothing to do with one another. So there is no context.

Nor have you proved that this speaker was going to talk about his platform for MassResistance. You have no clue what he was going to say. You have no idea what he was invited to say.

Perception matters as well.

The reason this event was canceled was because a few of the other speakers did not want to be linked to the message of MassResistance. Whether or not Mr. Camenker spoke about homosexuality, you can bet that when this event was concluded, Dahlberg's opponents would have linked him to the message of MassResistance. Others saw things in the same way and decided they were better off not participating in the event. Enough made this decision to cause the event to be canceled.

Immie

Actually, it's all about shutting down churches. You just don't see all the players on the board.

You made the claim. Back it up. Link please.

The context is bigotry and prejudice. Ever consider them? I read through the MassResistance website and found nothing other than anti-Gay screeds. Why should we guess that a movement with MassResistance's agenda would have something enlightening to say about the marginal tax rates of people making greater than $250,000?

Seems MassResistance has cut it's own bolt of cloth here and the message is social not fiscal.

Then you concede there is absolutely nothing Christian about their agenda and labeling them a Christian group would be dishonest correct?

Forum List

Back