Christian Conservative Hate Group causes cancellation of Tea Party Rally

LOL
like I should CARE for what reason?

the Dailykos, Huffingtonpost, DemocratUnderground I consider HATE groups too, but I don't sit around fretting about it.:lol:
A little knowledge will keep you from looking like a reactionary idiot. Here's the link: MassResistance!

LOL, I've heard of them.
as I said, I don't CARE
and if anyone is Reactionary, it's you lefties. it seems everyone and everything that doesn't fit into your line of thinking is something to be AFRAID OF.

And the person who doesn't care has the most posts in this thread.

They lobby against teaching homosexuality to children, gay pride parades and gay marriage.

That doesn't make them a "hate" group. I didn't see anything that qualified as hate speech at their site, nor have I found anything that makes me think they promote hate.

They certainly have a problem with the gay pride parade, but gay pride parades are revolting.
Really? You ever been to a gay pride parade? Except for 2 or 3 bar floats, they're pretty mild....much more so than Mardi Gras parades or Spring Break events.

I'm just not into public displays of sexuality, I guess.
Does that go for string bikinis, thongs, Playboy Magazine and any beer commercial on the air today, or is it just homosexuality you find so revolting?

Yes...I figured you'd laugh at the thought of any effort to look like you had informed, reasoned opinions.

hahaha, and I suppose you consider ALL your postings, informed reasoned oponions.??
:lol::lol::lol:

Some of my posts are good, some are fun, some not so good. But one thing I DON'T do....celebrate being ignorant and laugh at those who recommend becoming educated about a topic.

In that, you and I are VERY different.

Question is,

why, in the first place, would a Tea Party rally invite a group whose apparent sole raison d'etre is to attack gays??

A little knowledge will keep you from looking like a reactionary idiot. Here's the link: MassResistance!

They lobby against teaching homosexuality to children, gay pride parades and gay marriage.

That doesn't make them a "hate" group. I didn't see anything that qualified as hate speech at their site, nor have I found anything that makes me think they promote hate.

They certainly have a problem with the gay pride parade, but gay pride parades are revolting.
As you find no hate speech at the MassResistance site, would you agree to have MassResistance members at YOUR Tea Party rally? Is their fervently anti-Gay message a legitimate message for the Tea Party movement? Could any further controversy arise should MassResistance be associated with the Tea Party movement?

Are social causes something the Tea Party movement be involved in? Would you support a Tea Party movement that also promoted an anti-Gay message? Anti-Black? Anti-Working Mother? Anti-Hispanic?

What good will befall such a movement? What harm can come to the Tea Party should they adopt a hard-core Social Conservative agenda?

The GOP has been sidelined by wedge issues. The TEA PARTY would be wise not to do the same.

LOL, I've heard of them.
as I said, I don't CARE
and if anyone is Reactionary, it's you lefties. it seems everyone and everything that doesn't fit into your line of thinking is something to be AFRAID OF.

Apathy on Parade? :eusa_eh:

LOL, I've heard of them.
as I said, I don't CARE

yep, if only for the reason to mock you and your stupid "senational" title.
but that is nothing new for you leftis, if you posted the ACTUAL TITLE of the article, you couldn't ge the same reaction, now could you?

Question is,

why, in the first place, would a Tea Party rally invite a group whose apparent sole raison d'etre is to attack gays??

Same reason they have racist signs at their rally. They must be more interested in shher numbers showing up at their rallies than in clarfying their platform.

Of course, that's just speculation.

Question is,

Same reason they have racist signs at their rally. They must be more interested in shher numbers showing up at their rallies than in clarfying their platform.

They have a platform?

Looked at their website. What evidence is there that they are Christian? I see nothing on the site claiming to be Christian.

Was this guy speaking in his capacity in this group. or did he have another message to present?

Why was he allowed to speak to begin with if he was presenting his organizations message when the Tea Party has nothing to do with gay anything?

My understanding is the Tea Party events are open events where anyone can speak.

Aren't they?

Question is,

I don't think it's a need for large turn outs as much as the inherent message of the Tea Party movement. Conservatism to the point of Libertarianism attracts a certain demographic. That demographic has at its fringes, racists, homophobes, bigots and woefully undereducated folks without a firm grasp on context, sociology and the dynamics of modern American life. The folks Obama called "bitter clingers". Change, especially social change, is something that comes as an anathema to these people. The Tea Party movement gives these people a rallying point to vent their frustrations.

The Tea Party claims to be a "grass roots" movement. While the GOP is funneling in tons of cash to the Tea Party, they are not providing any leadership. Leadership can weed out the destructive elements like the 'bitter clinger' hillbilly types.

Actually, she said she didn't care about them either.

why should I sit around fretting over them. they are in the minority with the rest of you lefties.:lol:
Perhaps if you broadened your knowledge and outlook, you would be taken more seriously as a debater. Read the website, think about it in the context of the Tea Party movement and their current controversy being labeled "Racist" and make a rational judgment based on evidence.

Otherwise, your ham-handed defense of everything Conservative comes off looking more like partisan hackery than informed, reasoned opinions.

Checking out the website, I don't see raciali issues being at all the focus of the group MassResistance. In fact, I didn't see race mentioned at all.

I wasn't aware anyone had proved the tea party was promoting racism or homophobia.

why should I sit around fretting over them. they are in the minority with the rest of you lefties.:lol:
Perhaps if you broadened your knowledge and outlook, you would be taken more seriously as a debater. Read the website, think about it in the context of the Tea Party movement and their current controversy being labeled "Racist" and make a rational judgment based on evidence.

Otherwise, your ham-handed defense of everything Conservative comes off looking more like partisan hackery than informed, reasoned opinions.

Checking out the website, I don't see raciali issues being at all the focus of the group MassResistance. In fact, I didn't see race mentioned at all.
I asked stephanie to put the message of MassResistance in CONTEXT with the controversy over Racism.

I asked stephanie to put the message of MassResistance in CONTEXT with the controversy over Racism.

Yeah....good luck with that one.

Forum List

Back