Christian bakers who refused cake order for gay wedding forced to close shop

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BDBoop, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,480
    The Founders risked all their blood and treasure to give us a Constitution that recognized our unalienable rights to think, believe, worship, and be who we are. Even if who we are is a bigot.

But only the worst kind of bigot would ignore that, would deny somebody their unalienable rights, would attempt to punish or destroy somebody because of what they think, believe, worship, or who they are. To do that is not only bigoted, but it is evil.

The bakers did not attempt to punish or destroy anybody. They denied nothing to anybody. They execised their unalienable right to be who they are. And to threaten, badger, demonstrate, punish, and attempt to destroy them purely because they hold a conviction not shared by others is wrong. And it is evil.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  2. RKMBrown

RKMBrown Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,297
    Wrong. The States had the power to manage bigotry, and did. The feds were prohibited from establishing or restricting religion, not the states. That which you speak, Incorporation, came with the 14th amendment.

Who has denied somebody their unalienable rights? Who has attempted to punish or destroy somebody because of what they think, believe, worship, or who they are? Where is your proof? Asked and ignored dozens of times.

>>> The bakers did not attempt to punish or destroy anybody. They denied nothing to anybody.
    Incorrect, the bakers admitted to passing judgment on the gay couple for having a gay wedding and in response "denying" them their services and further the bakers admit to "slandering" the gay couple for their "biblical sins."

>>> And to threaten, badger, demonstrate, punish, and attempt to destroy them purely because they hold a conviction not shared by others is wrong. And it is evil.

Who did this? Where is your proof?

3. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,106
    Spoken like someone who doesn't read, and probably couldn't tell us where to FIND the nearest library to his house.

I have news for you, Sparkles. THIS Christian reads voraciously, and routinely runs across homosexual characters in books. Christians don't advocate pretending that things we oppose don't exist. We leave THAT territory to liberals.

And as throughout this entire thread, NO ONE GIVES A TIN SHIT HOW YOU THINK CHRISTIANITY SHOULD BE PRACTICED. Please get that through your pointy little dunce cap and the rock skull underneath it. Your opinion is not solicited, is not welcome, and is utterly irrelevant on the subject of how anyone else's beliefs are practiced. You are not me, you are not God, and you are not my pastor, and those are the only three I can think of who have any input whatsoever into MY spiritual situation.

Please stop frantically trying to vote in an election you don't have a ballot for, you nosy bastard.

4. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,226
    The question was why do you think libraries burn books, which is why mocking your grammar was an appropriate response to your bigotry against someone's sexual preference.

5. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,106
    Sorry, Sparkles, but I don't have to advocate every hair-brained crackpot feel-good leftist theory that comes down the pike in order to avoid "suppression of ideas". You're perfectly welcome to believe any moronic thing that enters your head with my blessing. You're welcome to tell the whole world about your moronic thoughts, also with my blessing. Opposing you doesn't mean I'm oppressing you, and maybe you should lose the frilly panties and stop whining about your inability to function if everyone doesn't agree with you.

I don't give a hot damn what homosexuals and their buddies do with their lives, which is OBVIOUSLY more than I can say for them, since they put so much time and effort into ruining the lives of others who run afoul of them. I just don't happen to think they need or should have official government recognition of what they do with their lives.

Tattoo that somewhere, Nancy Boy, because I get tired of repeating it ad nauseam every time you break out the violins about how "violated" you feel by the knowledge that someone in the world thinks you're a dipshit.

6. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,106
    Now THAT'S funny. Expecting you to write YOUR POST in readable English is US requiring people to wipe our asses for us, but YOU expecting US to move YOUR FUCKING COMMA to the correct place isn't you doing the same? Your laughable hypocrisy continues to amuse.

Here's a thought, you lazy leftist shitforbrains: Why should we think you have any wisdom to impart to us, when you don't even have the basic grammar skills to impart it WITH? If you're going to write like an 8th grader, you shouldn't be surprised if your pronouncements get treated like an 8th graders.

7. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,106
    And once again, you demonstrate that you're an ignoranus (that would be someone who's both stupid AND an asshole).

The states also have constitutions. I know you're probably not aware of this, since as a leftist, you worship at the altar of national government, but they do. This is what Oregon's says:

Section 2. Freedom of worship. All men shall be secure in the Natural right, to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their own consciences.
    Section 3. Freedom of religious opinion. No law shall in any case whatever control the free exercise, and enjoyment of religeous [sic] opinions, or interfere with the rights of conscience.

Please do tell me how this law requiring forced association in business against one's religious beliefs is in keeping with what is SUPPOSED to be the highest law in the state of Oregon.

Furthermore, you once again reveal that you are a crying little panty-wearer, by your "They dared to tell someone they disapprove of them! They PUNISHED AND DESTROYED THEM!" rant. Butch up a little, buttercup.

Also, dimwit, "slander" would require that the bakers say something that is factually untrue about the lesbos. They didn't. They stated their opinion, which by definition cannot be slander.

8. RKMBrown

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,297
    You might want to explain how my statement about the "fact" that the states manage this stuff is evidence in your pea brain that I said the opposite. Booze? And they most certainly did admit to slander. NVM... Back it the bin smut mouth.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  9. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,226
    Is the part of your brain that says they admitted to slander the same part that only holds people who write things you disagree with responsible for following orders?

10. RKMBrown

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,297
    Huh?