Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

Gay coffee shop owner boots out pro-life Christians, refusing them service.

Well, it's time to put these motherfuckers out of business!!!
I'm not sure what the problem is. If you stand up and say that gays cannot force a baker to serve a gay couple, how is it you have a problem with a gay not serving a straight person?

I support the right of business owners to refuse to do business with people, for any reason they choose.

Maybe he's just showing them what it feels like. Hope they got it.
I also hope you 'get it' too. The shop owner has the right to refuse business to anyone, for any reason. You'll support that now right?

I'm not sure what the problem is. If you stand up and say that gays cannot force a baker to serve a gay couple, how is it you have a problem with a gay not serving a straight person?

I support the right of business owners to refuse to do business with people, for any reason the choose.

The issue isn't serving a gay couple. The issue is when you ask a baker to be a part of something that they consider sinful, such as same-sex marriage. After all, I've never heard of a baker refusing to make a birthday cake for a gay person.

I support the right of business owners to refuse to do business with people, for any reason the choose.

The issue isn't serving a gay couple. The issue is when you ask a baker to be a part of something that they consider sinful, such as same-sex marriage. After all, I've never heard of a baker refusing to make a birthday cake for a gay person.
No, it is not. I get real tired of people trying to change the issue to suit their own intellectual dishonesty.

You can't eat your cake and have it too.

Either a business owner has the right to refuse service to whomever they wish, for whatever reason they wish, or they do not.

You cannot say they can when it suits My personal philosophy and they can't when its something I don't like.

Pick one and stop trying to justify everything.

No, it is not. I get real tired of people trying to change the issue to suit their own intellectual dishonesty.

I'm simply explaining the rationale of the baker that doesn't want to make a wedding cake for a same-sex marriage. They believe it is a sin and don't want to make it. Tolerant liberals such as yourself, through government, force said baker to make the cake. It's not my fault that you lack the intellectual acumen to understand.

Does this mean ya'll now support public accommodation laws? Or just the ones that cover groups you like?

I have always supported public accomodation laws.

However, forcing a business owner to endorse a political message he disagrees with is a violation of the First Amendment.

I'm simply explaining the rationale of the baker that doesn't want to make a wedding cake for a same-sex marriage. They believe it is a sin and don't want to make it. Tolerant liberals such as yourself, through government, force said baker to make the cake. It's not my fault that you lack the intellectual acumen to understand.
Wow. I'm a staunch conservative who has been defending and promoting conservative values on this forum since 2009.

What I have also been doing is fending off the idiocy of recent Republicans who seen to enjoy twisting circumstances so that they can justify in their minds defending wrongdoing on their side while trying to take it away from the opposition.

The baker refused the service, which is PART OF THE BUSINESS. Just like selling cakes were part of the business. It comes as a whole. The gay couple should have gone to another baker.

The same with this clown drinking coffee. The business owner refused to do business with him. Get up and go get your coffee somewhere else.

I was going to say that I personally would not want to hang out in a place where I didn't like the people, but that turns out to not be true at all.

I still come here.

After all this time, this is the first time I heard they wanted the baker to be part of their gay marriage. No, he should not be forced to gay marry against his will, and if anyone is being forced to gay marry against their will, they should call the cops.

I would be very happy if an owner of the coffee shop posted a gay pride poster in their front door. It would make life much easier and honest.

Actually I am not sure why a store owner would reveal his sexual proclivities to a customer.

I support the right of business owners to refuse to do business with people, for any reason they choose.

I believe this thread was posted to illustrate the irony (a kinder, gentler word than hypocrisy) in supporting the attitude - 'You must serve me because I'm gay, but because I'm gay I don't have to serve you.'

I, too, support the right of a business owner to refuse service - but the Civil Rights Act of 1964 makes that refusal 'selective'. If the group was kicked out because of their religious affiliation, they may have a case in court.

Two overused clichés, but in this instance they fit - 'what goes around comes around' and 'be careful what you wish for'. When you step on another's right's with the law, you eventually step on your own. Hopefully the LGBT militants will 'get it' in the end.

What does sexual orientation have to do with making out, and it's acceptance in a coffee shop or hotel lobby?...and what does that scenario, which didn't happen, have to do with events in this thread that did happen?...what parallel are you attempting to draw?
Lost in the land of denial, another one plays the great pretend game.

I would be very happy if an owner of the coffee shop posted a gay pride poster in their front door. It would make life much easier and honest.

Actually I am not sure why a store owner would reveal his sexual proclivities to a customer.

They have a gay pride/American flag hanging from their shop.

http://theliberator.news/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Bedlam-HEAD.png

Here some the flyers they were handing out around the city:

http://theliberator.news/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Cover-AGMD-QF.png

http://theliberator.news/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/First-Open-AGMD-QF.png

http://theliberator.news/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Big-Inside-AGMD-QF.png

http://theliberator.news/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Back-AGMD-QF.png

Whether they were handing out these flyers in his shop or not, I don't know.

I doubt if most gays are making out in a coffee shop or hotel lobby, either, but some would say it is the owner's right to refuse them service.

That's known as a "red herring" and disingenuous discussion.

Forum List

Back