Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

After all this time, this is the first time I heard they wanted the baker to be part of their gay marriage.

By forcing a baker to make their cake, the baker has indeed become a part of their wedding ceremony.

Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

Gay coffee shop owner boots out pro-life Christians, refusing them service.

Well, it's time to put these motherfuckers out of business!!!

Good they are an obnoxious bunch. No its time to kick these zealots out. Move to Saudi Arabia, you can get all the preaching you want there.

In shariah law ---preaching a religion OTHER than islam is a CAPITAL OFFENSE. It is probably dangerous for a Shiite to preach SHIITISM over there------I don't have any examples

Its becoming that way here as well, Christians think they rule the roost. If these zealot hate gays and want to do away with abortion and BC pills, then Saudi Arabia is where they should live.

What does sexual orientation have to do with making out, and it's acceptance in a coffee shop or hotel lobby?...and what does that scenario, which didn't happen, have to do with events in this thread that did happen?...what parallel are you attempting to draw?
Lost in the land of denial, another one plays the great pretend game.

Someday I'm might do a study on the tendency toward hypotheticals by political affiliation...this board might be a good place to start. :2up:

After all this time, this is the first time I heard they wanted the baker to be part of their gay marriage.

By forcing a baker to make their cake, the baker has indeed become a part of their wedding ceremony.

By forcing the owner to serve them coffee, the owner has indeed become a part of their pro-life protest.

My response----it seems to me that a store owner has a right to eject people who enter their premises for the purpose of proselytizing

The article didn't state that they were "proselytizing" in the coffee shop. If they were, I would agree with you. If not, then it seems pretty intolerant.

What do you call handing out fliers is?

What does sexual orientation have to do with making out, and it's acceptance in a coffee shop or hotel lobby?...and what does that scenario, which didn't happen, have to do with events in this thread that did happen?...what parallel are you attempting to draw?
Lost in the land of denial, another one plays the great pretend game.

Someday I'm might do a study on the tendency toward hypotheticals by political affiliation...this board might be a good place to start. :2up:
Then after pretending, draws nether conclusion and directs away from her insanity by insinuation....typical libtard game here.

Just a zealot who is trying to make a name for himself. He should worry about himself.

I'm not sure what the problem is. If you stand up and say that gays cannot force a baker to serve a gay couple, how is it you have a problem with a gay not serving a straight person?

I support the right of business owners to refuse to do business with people, for any reason they choose.

I believe this thread was posted to illustrate the irony (a kinder, gentler word than hypocrisy) in supporting the attitude - 'You must serve me because I'm gay, but because I'm gay I don't have to serve you.'

I, too, support the right of a business owner to refuse service - but the Civil Rights Act of 1964 makes that refusal 'selective'. If the group was kicked out because of their religious affiliation, they may have a case in court.

Two overused clichés, but in this instance they fit - 'what goes around comes around' and 'be careful what you wish for'. When you step on another's right's with the law, you eventually step on your own. Hopefully the LGBT militants will 'get it' in the end.
Which is why I chose to be intellectually consistent in My stances. I'm not sure how the coffee shop owner knows the patron is Christian, it's not like being a Christian is a distinguishable trait.

Regardless of that, I think you should rethink that stance. The First Amendment keeps the government from infringing on your religious rights, not business owners. No person, Christian or otherwise, has a right to someone's services.

Now, if there wasn't another coffee shop within 25 miles, there may be a case for public accommodations, but other than that......

I'm not sure what the problem is. If you stand up and say that gays cannot force a baker to serve a gay couple, how is it you have a problem with a gay not serving a straight person?

I support the right of business owners to refuse to do business with people, for any reason the choose.

The issue isn't serving a gay couple. The issue is when you ask a baker to be a part of something that they consider sinful, such as same-sex marriage. After all, I've never heard of a baker refusing to make a birthday cake for a gay person.
No, it is not. I get real tired of people trying to change the issue to suit their own intellectual dishonesty.

You can't eat your cake and have it too.

Either a business owner has the right to refuse service to whomever they wish, for whatever reason they wish, or they do not.

You cannot say they can when it suits My personal philosophy and they can't when its something I don't like.

Pick one and stop trying to justify everything.
They need to sue just to make the point as this chit of private ownership needs to be addressed and finalized. We are either a free country with rights to what we own, our own thoughts, right of self determination and beliefs or we are a communist country where the state and whomever is in charge at the moment gets to decide what you can and cannot do with your own privately own property/businesses, etc..

I support the business owners.
What does pro-life have to do with doing the bone dance with Mr. Sphincter?

Nothing. Either we have a right to association or not.
Where is this "right of association" and how do you think it applies?

Freedom of Assembly. It applies in that this owner doesn't want his business associated with these people.
Again I asked, where is this right stated? Bill of rights?

Does it apply to the baker who doesn't want associated with a certain "people?"

Oh I see that Christian GOP who is staunchly pro life ( for political reasons) is stepping down due to him wanting his mistress to have an abortion.

By forcing the owner to serve them coffee, the owner has indeed become a part of their pro-life protest.

Is not analogous.

So if I read on Facebook that you support something I oppose and you walk into my restaurant with a group of friends, you would be fine if I kicked you out, right?

Oh I see that Christian GOP who is staunchly pro life ( for political reasons) is stepping down due to him wanting his mistress to have an abortion.

Is he the poster boy for all Christians everywhere?

Forum List

Back