Chris Sununu bashes both Trump and DeSantis. Does he have a point w/ the latter RE Disney?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

I don't know the details on the situation btwn DeS and Disney. Anyone here familiar w/ that one? Please inform the rest of us. But I never thought of it as punishing disney for being woke... If that is what DeS is doing... well, I have several thoughts on that but first I have to find out what the details are on how DeS is punishing (not my word) Disney..

In any case, I saw Sununu on Fox some time ago and boy, did he get on my nerves. For one thing, he criticizes Trump too damn much... but that perpetual smile he has... OMG... What the hell is there to smile about these days?

He comes across as smug and ambitious for the presidency. I pray it is Trump or DeSantis who gets the nomination, not that dude... annoying as hell

• Banned
De Santis is very aggressive, pugilistic and authoritarian, which is why Trumpsters look at him as the best alternative to their hero.

It sure looks like a two-ego race right now. Tough to imagine room for anyone who is decent, civil and reasonable. That's considered weakness in the GQP.
not so

But maybe you can supply the details on the Disney/DeSantis problem?

then again... libs aren't known for their strict adherence to truth / facts or their abhorrence of lies... so maybe I need to ask someone else

I don't know the details on the situation btwn DeS and Disney. Anyone here familiar w/ that one? Please inform the rest of us. But I never thought of it as punishing disney for being woke... If that is what DeS is doing... well, I have several thoughts on that but first I have to find out what the details are on how DeS is punishing (not my word) Disney..

In any case, I saw Sununu on Fox some time ago and boy, did he get on my nerves. For one thing, he criticizes Trump too damn much... but that perpetual smile he has... OMG... What the hell is there to smile about these days?

He comes across as smug and ambitious for the presidency. I pray it is Trump or DeSantis who gets the nomination, not that dude... annoying as hell
In my opinion sununu will never get the nomination

not so

then again... libs aren't known for their strict adherence to truth / facts or their abhorrence of lies... so maybe I need to ask someone else
"Truth". Too funny. The ends of the spectrum sure do think they have a vice-like grip on The Truth.

What details do you need? De Santis saw an opportunity to go aggressive and heavy-handed and please the base and ran with it. His choice. Seems like it worked.

Anything else?

"Truth". Too funny. The ends of the spectrum sure do think they have a vice-like grip on The Truth.

What details do you need? De Santis saw an opportunity to go aggressive and heavy-handed and please the base and ran with it. His choice. Seems like it worked.

Anything else?
Thats all useless commentary and spin rather than fact

DeSantis is trying to establish an understanding that major corporations can expect favorable treatment from the government as long as they play along with the ruling party’s political agenda. They are allowed — nay, encouraged — to get involved in politics on the condition that they take the correct position. But should they take the wrong position, they will find themselves under legal scrutiny. Suddenly, the regulatory noose will tighten.

DeSantis is trying to establish an understanding that major corporations can expect favorable treatment from the government as long as they play along with the ruling party’s political agenda. They are allowed — nay, encouraged — to get involved in politics on the condition that they take the correct position. But should they take the wrong position, they will find themselves under legal scrutiny. Suddenly, the regulatory noose will tighten.
This will be interesting (if ugly) to watch going forward. Now that virtually everything has been politicized, and now that individual states are doing things like this, businesses have to make a conscious decision on how they going to present themselves to both the state governments and the public to stay out of trouble.

This really isn't supposed to be a concern for businesses. But that's populism.

This will be interesting (if ugly) to watch going forward. Now that virtually everything has been politicized, and now that individual states are doing things like this, businesses have to make a conscious decision on how they going to present themselves to both the state governments and the public to stay out of trouble.

This really isn't supposed to be a concern for businesses. But that's populism.
Disney wants to influence government policy so pushback is to be expected

The Disney corporation had a special status in Florida. Basically they're their own self-contained city, with the right to make their own laws and raise taxes. DeSantis revoked that status when Disney opposed his anti-woke law.

More spin
This is not spin. It's fact. While this may play to the snowbirds and the deeply religious Hispanics at first, it will eventually turn and it will cost Florida business.

A funny aside note from last night's Superbowl. At the very end, when the game is over they always pre-tape those sappy "When You Wish Upon a Star" spots that highlights trips to Disney after the well known players win a big game.
It was subtle, but I picked up on it right away. Mahomes said Disneyland (California), not Disney World (Florida). First time in a long time I've not heard Disney World uttered when they asked "What you gonna do now?" :auiqs.jpg:

Youch...the middle finger to DeSantis.

Forum List

Back