Chris Hayes: I'm 'Uncomfortable' Calling Fallen Military 'Heroes'

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Actually I've never heard of this idiot before, but thats because he on MSNBC

2012-05-27MSNBCUWCHHayes.JPG

True to that liberal penchant of discounting the brave men and women that serve in our nation's armed forces, I introduce to you a lowly personage named Chris Hayes, a left-wing MSNBC host whose show "Up" airs on the weekend.

This weekend Hayes felt compelled to warn everyone that calling our troops "heroes" is something that should make us all "uncomfortable."

Video...

Chris Hayes: I'm 'Uncomfortable' Calling Fallen Military 'Heroes' | NewsBusters.org

Last edited:
Here is what he said, from your OP link:

CHRIS HAYES: Thinking today and observing Memorial Day, that'll be happening tomorrow. Just talked with Lt. Col. Steve Burke [sic, actually Beck], who was a casualty officer with the Marines and had to tell people [inaudible]. Um, I, I, ah, back sorry, um, I think it's interesting because I think it is very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words "heroes." Um, and, ah, ah, why do I feel so comfortable [sic] about the word "hero"? I feel comfortable, ah, uncomfortable, about the word because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war. Um, and, I don't want to obviously desecrate or disrespect memory of anyone that's fallen, and obviously there are individual circumstances in which there is genuine, tremendous heroism: hail of gunfire, rescuing fellow soldiers and things like that. But it seems to me that we marshal this word in a way that is problematic. But maybe I'm wrong about that.

CHRIS HAYES: Thinking today and observing Memorial Day, that'll be happening tomorrow. Just talked with Lt. Col. Steve Burke [sic, actually Beck], who was a casualty officer with the Marines and had to tell people [inaudible]. Um, I, I, ah, back sorry, um, I think it's interesting because I think it is very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words "heroes." Um, and, ah, ah, why do I feel so comfortable [sic] about the word "hero"? I feel comfortable, ah, uncomfortable, about the word because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war. Um, and, I don't want to obviously desecrate or disrespect memory of anyone that's fallen, and obviously there are individual circumstances in which there is genuine, tremendous heroism: hail of gunfire, rescuing fellow soldiers and things like that. But it seems to me that we marshal this word in a way that is problematic. But maybe I'm wrong about that.

Yes.... He is wrong about that. Nothing new really with the hard left, Not good for MSNBC though, the propaganda arm of the Obama administration

Yes, Chrissy, you are wrong about that.

As a veteran, I applaud his right to say that. I get his meaning.

Yeah kind of like you libtards applaud the right of neoNazis parade down streets in neighborhoods of Jewish Death Camp survivors.

For the gazillionth time we get it.

It still doesnt make you any less stupid.

Nothing quite like manufactured outraged based on out-of-context quotes.

That just screams "truthiness" to me.

When some stupid fucktard cant manage to give a simple attribution of heroism to fallen veterans, the outrage, I promise you, is NOT manufactured.

Fuck you, whoever you are.

Thank God we still have libtards like you to remind us that not everyone can think clearly about much.

It helps the rest of us realize when we may be tending to slide into insanity.

You looking in the mirror reminds you that not everyone can think clearly about much.

No, reading you assinine fuckhead, libtard bullshit reminds me of that, you fucking disgrace to human excrement.

As a veteran, I applaud his right to say that. I get his meaning.

You 'applaud' his right? What a very odd thing to 'applaud'. You might 'support' his right - I certain do... but 'applaud'? Why?

Because of what the dumbass said, not just the right, as we all know.

Libtards keep dishing out the neoMarxist anti-US bullshit and all the time try to hide it behind the freedoms that we have guarranteed them to in this country and the veterans they cant honor have fought, bled and died for them to have.

They are fucking disgraces if they cant manage a simple thing like calling those who have died for their freedom 'heroes'.

Fucking pathetic.

Patriotic feelings produced by remembering our dead and wounded soldiers should always be divorced from the decision to fight or continue a war or any politcal decision for that matter, unfortunately this is not the case. How many times has some spending on veterans and their families been attached to some unpopular measure and then used as a lever to make politicians vote for it? Or opposition to a supplemental spending bill to fund the wars painted as "not supporting our troops"?

Forum List

Back