Chinese missle launch 35 Miles off CA coast: A message to u.s.?

We now interrupt the WHARRGARBL for a moment of rationality.

Mystery “missile launch” off California – solved? | Watts Up With That?

Thank you. You may now resume your WHARRGARBL.

I find it to be a bit disturbing that you actually believe that.

I don't have any opinion one way or the other on WHY a missile was launched, or who was responsible for it.

I just know that it was a missile. I was an ICBM maintenance technician in the Air Force, and I've seen enough missile and satellite launches to know rocket propulsion when I see it.

A cargo or passenger airplane does not have an orange glow like that object in the video. That's hallmark solid fuel rocket propulsion.

This was a Chinese missile launch. It was a message. Notice how this story got absolutely erased so quickly? How the gov't barely responded to it?

My friend is a reservists in the Air Force. He was called to respond immediately to the base 12 hours after this. If it was a military accident, why the emergency callup? If it was a private industry plane, are you telling me that in the days of anti-terror and post 9-11 our radars couldnt verify a huge plane only 35 miles off the coast?

Obama was circling China in his trip to send a message. Half our fleet was there with him. So....China sent a message back, saying "Hey dumbass, look what we can do" and the media buried the story. Probably from threats from the gov't on consequences should they keep running the story (such as "Keep running that story and you'll never get another press pass, interview, seat in the media room, etc, etc, and we'll give exlcusive interviews to all your rival networks).

Oh well. China made it's message.

Well, my former high school baseball coach told me yesterday that his sister's ex-brother-in-laws former lover's learned from a judge whose caddie sells him his weed that the contrail was nothing more than a fart produced by Meg Whitman. So who, or whom, are we going to believe?

I don't have any opinion one way or the other on WHY a missile was launched, or who was responsible for it.

I just know that it was a missile. I was an ICBM maintenance technician in the Air Force, and I've seen enough missile and satellite launches to know rocket propulsion when I see it.

A cargo or passenger airplane does not have an orange glow like that object in the video. That's hallmark solid fuel rocket propulsion.

Hint, sunset. Get it?

Hint, sunset. Get it?

How about no?

You don't see orange glow from airplane turbine engines like that. In that video, you see one single glow coming from the rear of the object as it's ascending. Cargo or passenger planes have several turbine engines mounted across the span of the aircraft, and are MUCH smaller than a rocket engine.

Usually the only time you'll see the glow from a turbine engine is engagement of the afterburner for extra thrust, at takeoff or for supersonic speed. And that's in fighter jets.

You simply don't see that kind of thing on a passenger or cargo plane during regular flight.

Use your damn head.

Then you know that "missile" will never reach very far, because it's moving far too slowly. It's travelling no faster than, say, an airliner.

And no, they can't be throttled back. Especially solid rocket boosters.

Hint, sunset. Get it?

How about no?

You don't see orange glow from airplane turbine engines like that. In that video, you see one single glow coming from the rear of the object as it's ascending. Cargo or passenger planes have several turbine engines mounted across the span of the aircraft, and are MUCH smaller than a rocket engine.

Usually the only time you'll see the glow from a turbine engine is engagement of the afterburner for extra thrust, at takeoff or for supersonic speed. And that's in fighter jets.

You simply don't see that kind of thing on a passenger or cargo plane during regular flight.

Use your damn head.
You do when the sun reflects off a polished aluminum skin.

I suppose this is a bad time to mention the numerous US missile launches from California that routinely come down in the Pacific Ocean near China?

Think the Chinese might find a message or two in that?

Hint, sunset. Get it?

How about no?

Use your damn head.

Someone's really reaching here.

The speed of the object in the video seems to be that of a short range missile. Early in the boost phase, it starts out slow and accelerates. I don't see anything about the speed of the object in the video that disqualifies rocket propulsion.

I'm not even trying to guess what KIND of missile it is. I just know that what I'm looking at is rocket propulsion of some type.

How about no?

Use your damn head.

Someone's really reaching here.
Sunlight doesn't reflect off polished aluminum? Really?
The speed of the object in the video seems to be that of a short range missile. Early in the boost phase, it starts out slow and accelerates. I don't see anything about the speed of the object in the video that disqualifies rocket propulsion.

I'm not even trying to guess what KIND of missile it is. I just know that what I'm looking at is rocket propulsion of some type.
What you "know" is incorrect. The object is not accelerating; it's travelling at a constant rate. Rockets under boost don't do that. Furthermore, there is no glow from a hot exhaust behind it until it gets higher. If it's a rocket, why are there no visible combustion gases throughout the whole video? Especially since the "missile" is supposed to be headed out to sea, away from the camera?

This video has a still photo of US Airways Flight 808 out of Honolulu headed to Phoenix. It's virtually identical to a still in the video.

Officials Say "Mystery Missile" a Plane | Featured Videos | Comcast.net

Didn't the former ambassador interviewed in the video speculate the missile was launched from a US submarine as a "show of force" while Obama was in Asia?
Do you know what "speculate" means?
Did you watch the video (yet)?

The missile was launched from just north of Catalina Island.
Yes, I watched the video. The "missile" was US Airways Flight 808, and it launched in Honolulu, and passed over LA at the time the video was taken. It even flew over Catalina:

30ml2js.jpg

Forum List

Back