China Spambot Solution found!

I have it!

Your spam filter blocks it.

This is self-defeating.

Basically what it does is trip China's censor trigger, and cuts their internet connection.

Credit goes to ChrisL

AyeCantSeeYou ,Coyote ,flacaltenn ,Dont Taz Me Bro ,theDoctorisIn ,Kat, WillHaftawaite

Does that actually work? :dunno: We will have to put a plan in action to use it! :D

It worked this AM.

It'd work better if I could post a Google search link in Chinese characters.

PM with this and post it in their spammy threads.

tiananmen square massacre - Google Search

Did they stop posting after I posted it in the thread? I didn't notice. I mostly just posted it as a joke. Lol!

They did after I did some research and posted a Google search for Tiananmen square massacre link on the spambot's PM and thread.

It's a real thing.

I have noticed that it has become less. We used to have 3 or 4 of them at the same time. Today it was only 1, I believe. So whatever the mods have been doing has been working somewhat at least. Thanks mods. Credit where credit is due. ;) flacaltenn

Which mod has had to deal with these spambots the most, I wonder? I see AyeCan'tSeeYou here in the early mornings most often. Sometimes Average Joe is here in the mornings. I've seen a couple of others in the morning, but most of the time it is Aye that I see here in the mornings.

Thank the late night and morning mods. Like Kat and Aye, Avg-Joe and Will, Westwall. We need to draft a mod in Australian or Russia to cover the dead of night Spam attacks. Know any out of work Russian trolls with a lot of spare time?

I have it!

This is self-defeating.

Basically what it does is trip China's censor trigger, and cuts their internet connection.

Credit goes to ChrisL

AyeCantSeeYou ,Coyote ,flacaltenn ,Dont Taz Me Bro ,theDoctorisIn ,Kat, WillHaftawaite

Does that actually work? :dunno: We will have to put a plan in action to use it! :D

It worked this AM.

Did they stop posting after I posted it in the thread? I didn't notice. I mostly just posted it as a joke. Lol!

They did after I did some research and posted a Google search for Tiananmen square massacre link on the spambot's PM and thread.

It's a real thing.

I have noticed that it has become less. We used to have 3 or 4 of them at the same time. Today it was only 1, I believe. So whatever the mods have been doing has been working somewhat at least. Thanks mods. Credit where credit is due. ;) flacaltenn

Which mod has had to deal with these spambots the most, I wonder? I see AyeCan'tSeeYou here in the early mornings most often. Sometimes Average Joe is here in the mornings. I've seen a couple of others in the morning, but most of the time it is Aye that I see here in the mornings.

idk about today.

I know AVG-JOE cleaned a bunch out last week, and well, I've been banned. :rolleyes:

It worked this AM.

It's a real thing.

idk about today.

I know AVG-JOE cleaned a bunch out last week, and well, I've been banned. :rolleyes:

Ask Trump for a pardon. I think you have a good case. :113:

i wan

It worked this AM.

It's a real thing.

Thank the late night and morning mods. Like Kat and Aye, Avg-Joe and Will, Westwall. We need to draft a mod in Australian or Russia to cover the dead of night Spam attacks. Know any out of work Russian trolls with a lot of spare time?
I wasn't aware any mods could protect us from hackers...But viva mods!

It worked this AM.

It's a real thing.

idk about today.

Ask Trump for a pardon. I think you have a good case. :113:

I did the crime, I did the time. All good.

I think Aye cleaned it out this AM.

It worked this AM.

It's a real thing.

I was just asking you, not giving you any credit. I never see you around here in the early morning hours when the spammers are spamming. :D

i wan
It worked this AM.

It's a real thing.

The USMB Admin are the defense on hackers. We just clean up after Spammers advertising some really shady deals.

i wan

It's a real thing.

The USMB Admin are the defense on hackers. We just clean up after Spammers advertising some really shady deals.

I mean, the spammers don't post a clickable link. They go to some College. Why not contact the college and find out who they have advertising for them?

It worked this AM.

It's a real thing.

I was just asking you, not giving you any credit. I never see you around here in the early morning hours when the spammers are spamming. :D

I work two shifts a day. Both business and USMB. Like 10AM to 4PM and then night shift from 7PM to midnight or 1AM. That way I can enjoy part of the day and I'm much smarter and wittier at night than I am before 10AM. :coffee:..

It's a real thing.

I work two shifts a day. Both business and USMB. Like 10AM to 4PM and then night shift from 7PM to midnight or 1AM. That way I can enjoy part of the day and I'm much smarter and wittier at night than I am before 10AM. :coffee:..

Oh, is that when you find your energy to go around closing my good threads??

i wan

It's a real thing.

I mean, the spammers don't post a clickable link. They go to some College. Why not contact the college and find out who they have advertising for them?

If you translate that mess -- they don't GO to a college -- they are selling PHONY degrees to US colleges. Complete with diplomas, transcripts, housing records, even letters of recommendation from professors. :ack-1: I can't imagine the hackney English for some of that. But -- faced with $180K of student debt or wasting $300 on TRYING to get a phony degree from a Chinese shop -- it might be worth a try to some. Amazing ain't it? EVERYTHING is for sale on the counterfeit market.

It's a real thing.

Bet if you check -- its before my 3rd cup of coffee in the morning.

i wan

If you translate that mess -- they don't GO to a college -- they are selling PHONY degrees to US colleges. Complete with diplomas, transcripts, housing records, even letters of recommendation from professors. :ack-1: I can't imagine the hackney English for some of that. But -- faced with $180K of student debt or wasting $300 on TRYING to get a phony degree from a Chinese shop -- it might be worth a try to some. Amazing ain't it? EVERYTHING is for sale on the counterfeit market.

I never took the time to translate that crap.

Bet if you check -- its before my 3rd cup of coffee in the morning.

:ahole-1:

I have it!

This is self-defeating.

Credit goes to ChrisL
What's a spam filter?

Searches for verboten characters and blocks them. The very characters that can stop China spambots cold.
Supposedly that was in operation and a spam filter for naughty words like v-i-a-g-r-a..

i wan

Why don't you just make it so that they have to post 50 times before they can start a new thread. That would probably take care of the problem. If that is possible to do, of course.

i wan

Why don't you just make it so that they have to post 50 times before they can start a new thread. That would probably take care of the problem. If that is possible to do, of course.

AShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Not before tomorrow morning! Let a cracker have a little fun! :mad:

I'm stoked about this. It's kinda like punting.

You'd probably get the same effect by starting a Tianemen memorial thread in Breaking News on the Front Page. It's the anniversary here recently. Just having that content on USMB in a prominent place where the Web crawlers all SEE IT would be like garlic to vampires man. If they are cutting I-net to outside sources they don't like -- a few THREADS would do the trick. Just be honestly embarrassing to the China government. Not abusive, but hopefully VALID and critical. They'll cut us off domestically for sure.

Forum List

Back