China bans burqas

Are there MORE Chinese that aren't muslim, than the ones that are muslim, and by a substantial number?....!

Put away the straw man. That point was never in contention.
By your stupid remark, it was...

It was not. Your reading comprehension challenges are your own problem.

We are done with your nonsense.

Have you embarrassed yourself enough for one day?

The current theory is roughly 7% of all muslims are radicals, meaning 1-2 million of those Chinese muslims would, at the word from their Imam start a murdering spree... THAT would be enough for the Chinese gov't to wipe the entire religious population out of Chinese land!

And that 7% is just by Muslim standards. If the same standards were applied to all people equally, that percentage would be magnitudes higher.

The current theory is roughly 7% of all muslims are radicals, meaning 1-2 million of those Chinese muslims would, at the word from their Imam start a murdering spree... THAT would be enough for the Chinese gov't to wipe the entire religious population out of Chinese land!

And that 7% is just by Muslim standards. If the same standards were applied to all people equally, that percentage would be magnitudes higher.

I fully agree with your take on that situation!

The Uyghur people are respected as a fearsome warrior 'race,' but I have found most to be pretty chill. Good folks to sit down and have a beer with.

Good on China! :thup:

you want to wear a burka?

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

China's actions don't surprise me. We all know China is not exactly good on the human rights record. But you applaud them when they exibit that intolerance on their Muslim population.

Why am I not surprised.
And yet, where is the screaming objection to the intolerance of anything not muslim as the muslims rape, behead, crucify, and otherwise destroy all things non-muslim? Don't the Chinese have the same rights to ban or eradicate what does not fit into their social system?

And what has that to with banning burka's in China?

I just find it ludicrous that you hail the right of the Chinese to selectively infringe on human rights. You hero-worship a country (one among many with human abyssmal human rights records you would not ordinarily honor) for doing something you would not tolerate if directed at any other group of people.

So what if women want to wear burkas? Why not make butt crack and muffin tops illegal?

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

China's actions don't surprise me. We all know China is not exactly good on the human rights record. But you applaud them when they exibit that intolerance on their Muslim population.

Why am I not surprised.
And yet, where is the screaming objection to the intolerance of anything not muslim as the muslims rape, behead, crucify, and otherwise destroy all things non-muslim? Don't the Chinese have the same rights to ban or eradicate what does not fit into their social system?

I just find it ludicrous that you hail the right of the Chinese to selectively infringe on human rights. You hero-worship a country (one among many with human abyssmal human rights records you would not ordinarily honor) for doing something you would not tolerate if directed at any other group of people.

So what if women want to wear burkas? Why not make butt crack and muffin tops illegal?
Making butt crack and muffin tops illegal might not be all that bad an idea. If the women truly want to don burkas, well...OK. But I suspect too many of these women make a choice based on threat and intimidation. I wonder, would you be so supportive of Christian women forced to cover themselves in deference to their "god"?

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

Making butt crack and muffin tops illegal might not be all that bad an idea. If the women truly want to don burkas, well...OK. But I suspect too many of these women make a choice based on threat and intimidation. I wonder, would you be so supportive of Christian women forced to cover themselves in deference to their "god"?

Absolutely. There are many sects of Christians and Orthodox Jews that choose to dress in "modest" attire that reflects their religious beliefs, and it's their right.

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

Absolutely. There are many sects of Christians and Orthodox Jews that choose to dress in "modest" attire that reflects their religious beliefs, and it's their right.
To choose to do so is absolutely their right. To be forced to do so under threat of punishment...not so much.

I think they should be banned in certain venues, like court, getting a mug shot taken, perhaps at work, etc. Other than that, on their free time, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to wear whatever the hell they want. I certainly wouldn't want the government to tell me what I can and cannot wear, within reason of course.

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

I agree for the most part, but like I stated in my post above, there are certain times and places where it just is not appropriate. Should not be banned though. They should be able to choose their own clothing on their own time.

Who really cares when anybody wears ANY type of attire. The number of times and places where they are banned should be few. At the other end of the scale, certain body types wearing bikinis should also be banned in public!!

th

Greg

I think they should be banned in certain venues, like court, getting a mug shot taken, perhaps at work, etc. Other than that, on their free time, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to wear whatever the hell they want. I certainly wouldn't want the government to tell me what I can and cannot wear, within reason of course.

I agree. And that comes down to best practices and public safety - you can not wear a burka as a fire fighter, medical professional, for ID pictures, in court or as a teacher. I think in those cases either it's necessary to be able to see one's face or it directly impacts the ability to do the job or safety. By the same token, we do not want those professions dressing in a thong and pasties ;)

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

To choose to do so is absolutely their right. To be forced to do so under threat of punishment...not so much.

Ok....I agree, the choice is the right. However, are you then going to go and forbid all forms of "modest" dress and religious garb that are imposed on young girls by their faith and families?

Who really cares when anybody wears ANY type of attire. The number of times and places where they are banned should be few. At the other end of the scale, certain body types wearing bikinis should also be banned in public!!

th

Greg

I didn't need to see that....really....I didn't.....:bang3:

Good for China! Other countries are doing what we should have done LONG ago. Don't like the laws of the land? Stay the fuck out of that land.

Forum List

Back