China Approves 5 New Trademarks For Ivanka Trump Business As President Forges ZTE Deal

dunno. but from what little i've read, trump has been trying for this patent for 10+ years now. it is strange for him to be granted it right after ZTE.
I have already acknowledged that it is bad optics and minimally gives the appearance of impropriety

Ha! The "appearance" of impropriety....He is screwing you and all tax payers DEEP....and u bend over for more.

"Thank you sir...may I have another...."
please link me to any condemnation you have offered for Hillary or Obama based on special treatment given to their political allies

take all the time you need

I'll wait...
you better have uber-eats handy. you got a long wait coming.

Bend over Iceberg....take another one for the team....

"GIVE IT TO ME DEEP....DONNIE!"

Fool!
says the person not addressing the issues, just ranting like a 3rd place millennial prom queen.

dunno. but from what little i've read, trump has been trying for this patent for 10+ years now. it is strange for him to be granted it right after ZTE.
I have already acknowledged that it is bad optics and minimally gives the appearance of impropriety

Ha! The "appearance" of impropriety....He is screwing you and all tax payers DEEP....and u bend over for more.

"Thank you sir...may I have another...."
please link me to any condemnation you have offered for Hillary or Obama based on special treatment given to their political allies

take all the time you need

I'll wait...
you better have uber-eats handy. you got a long wait coming.

Yup...cause the orange clown is in office NOW.

I did not vote for either Hillary or Obama....you are fools!

but HuffPo is not a reliable source of news, and I want to know what other trademarks and deals were granted

why is this not a bigger story in the MSM?

I can't help but feel like we are missing information here

This is all over the news - take your pick and have at it :rolleyes-41:

zte ivanka patents china
what other patents are being granted though?

I don't trust the media to give us the whole story...

You need to learn the difference between patents and trademarks. What China approved were trademarks on some really exotic items, like bath mats and baby blankets. Have you ever physically seen any Ivanka branded products? I haven't.

addressing the issues

Here is something that COULD mitigate this situation for Trump

Before I go any further, I will acknowledge that is is some "spin" on my part...

I think it is possible, and maybe even reasonable to assume one of 2 things:

1. The Chinese pushed matters close to Trump to the top of their "concession list" in an effort to curry favor with the President without any specific request made by Trump because this is the way things have always been done

2. The Chinese, in a "3-D Chess move" (like many trump fans like to celebrate that Trump does) pushed those issues to the forefront in the hopes that it would damage the President, who has been a tougher negotiator than they had become accustomed to dealing with from the United States

but HuffPo is not a reliable source of news, and I want to know what other trademarks and deals were granted

why is this not a bigger story in the MSM?

I can't help but feel like we are missing information here

This is all over the news - take your pick and have at it :rolleyes-41:

zte ivanka patents china
what other patents are being granted though?

I don't trust the media to give us the whole story...

You need to learn the difference between patents and trademarks. What China approved were trademarks on some really exotic items, like bath mats and baby blankets. Have you ever physically seen any Ivanka branded products? I haven't.

there's a lot of things i need to learn. thanks.

could be why i said in this thread that i don't know and would need to look into it vs. just get mad or go into D mode.

addressing the issues

Here is something that COULD mitigate this situation for Trump

Before I go any further, I will acknowledge that is is some "spin" on my part...

I think it is possible, and maybe even reasonable to assume one of 2 things:

1. The Chinese pushed matters close to Trump to the top of their "concession list" in an effort to curry favor with the President without any specific request made by Trump because this is the way things have always been done

2. The Chinese, in a "3-D Chess move" (like many trump fans like to celebrate that Trump does) pushed those issues to the forefront in the hopes that it would damage the President, who has been a tougher negotiator than they had become accustomed to dealing with from the United States
i can see that.

I guess that justifies ZTE's espionage and countermands the ignored sanctions we had on the company. Trump is working hard to MakeChinaGreatAgain!!!

Okay hero, tell the rest of the class what else was included in the ZTE deal. If you can.

China finally decided to finance the $500 million dollar resort Trump is building. They made that announcement the next day after Trump decided to MakeChinaGreatAgain. ZTE telephones have been banned on our military bases for quite a while, because they are assumed to be used for espinage, but I don't know if Trump is trying to change that too.

Thanks for proving how uninformed you are. Run along child, you're wasting my time.

Care to point out which part of that wasn't true?

Trump isn't building the resort and has no financial interest in its construction other than a licensing agreement for it to use the Trump brand. The developers are on the hook for the loan, not Trumps company.

Also you seem to have forgotten ZTE will pay a 1.3 billion dollar fine and has agreed to completely change the company management.

Great. they say they won't do it any more, and everything is going away. What about all the espionage they already enabled against our country? What about all the restricted technology they already sold to North Korea and Iran? Are we supposed to just pretend that didn't happen? Trump stands to make a fortune from the resort. Quit acting like he won't.

Okay hero, tell the rest of the class what else was included in the ZTE deal. If you can.

China finally decided to finance the $500 million dollar resort Trump is building. They made that announcement the next day after Trump decided to MakeChinaGreatAgain. ZTE telephones have been banned on our military bases for quite a while, because they are assumed to be used for espinage, but I don't know if Trump is trying to change that too.

Thanks for proving how uninformed you are. Run along child, you're wasting my time.

Trump isn't building the resort and has no financial interest in its construction other than a licensing agreement for it to use the Trump brand. The developers are on the hook for the loan, not Trumps company.

Also you seem to have forgotten ZTE will pay a 1.3 billion dollar fine and has agreed to completely change the company management.

zte got the shit slapped out of them. it was hardly a rescue and hardly a "help a chinese company" they paid heavy fines and now must reorg the company. until the left who swings wildly at anything they can speaks intelligently to these points, they're just raging out of ignorance and i got no time for their 3rd grade mentality asses.

ZTE deserved to have the shit slapped out of them. That includes continuing sanctions on their products. They sold our restricted technology to our enemys, and sold telephones that were specifically designed to be able to be used in espionage against our country. They don't deserve leniency.

Great. they say they won't do it any more, and everything is going away. What about all the espionage they already enabled against our country? What about all the restricted technology they already sold to North Korea and Iran? Are we supposed to just pretend that didn't happen? Trump stands to make a fortune from the resort. Quit acting like he won't.

So you have a copy of the licensing agreement? How about you provide a link so I can see this potential fortune for myself. Don't think I'll just take your word for it.

BTW how much did ZTE make form selling to NK and Iran, was it more than the fine?

So you have a copy of the licensing agreement? How about you provide a link so I can see this potential fortune for myself. Don't think I'll just take your word for it.

BTW how much did ZTE make form selling to NK and Iran, was it more than the fine?

Of course you know I don't have those doccuments. It's a pretty pathetic way for you to try to deflect too.

Of course you know I don't have those doccuments. It's a pretty pathetic way for you to try to deflect too.

Not a deflection at all, just pointing out that this statement...
Trump stands to make a fortune from the resort.
....had no basis in FACT, it was simply an ignorant embellishment on your part to try to bolster your blob of BS.

....had no basis in FACT, it was simply an ignorant embellishment on your part to try to bolster your blob of BS.

You think Trump doesn't make lots by licensing his name? He says that's how he makes most of his money.

You think Trump doesn't make lots by licensing his name? He says that's how he makes most of his money.

Collectively, maybe, individually, not so much, especially form a start up that won't likely make any real money for years.

Forum List

Back