Children in poverty

They will not suffer from just hunger. I'm thinking more kids will end up like Caylee Anthony. You cannot force young women to have kids they don't want, or a lot of them will end up like Caylee.

Young girls do not realize how hard it is to have a baby. The time and energy always surprises them. And if they don't have a babysitter, they will be sitting home on weekends watching sit com reruns. No going on dates and to parties or hanging with their friends.

And what really pisses me off is that it's men that usually are responsible for anti-abortion laws. Not fair!!!

They will not suffer from just hunger. I'm thinking more kids will end up like Caylee Anthony. You cannot force young women to have kids they don't want, or a lot of them will end up like Caylee.

Young girls do not realize how hard it is to have a baby. The time and energy always surprises them. And if they don't have a babysitter, they will be sitting home on weekends watching sit com reruns. No going on dates and to parties or hanging with their friends.

And what really pisses me off is that it's men that usually are responsible for anti-abortion laws. Not fair!!!

How does one force another to have a child?

?

Someone forced Caylee's mom to give birth?

That's a stretch.

Casey undoubtedly, due to inadequate sexual education, didn't realize that by dropping her pants and allowing a man to stick his penis in her and ejaculate, could cause pregnancy. Then of course some evil Conservative tied her to the bed until she gave birth.

Lakhota is full of stuff. I am a righie and our community near Houston has 1000s of kids living below the poverty level and don't eat regularly. Our town is mostly right and we take care of each other. You guys can die blaming Bush and it won't change on thing because your boy doesn't have a clue as to what to do. His list of failures is enormous and growing daily. Vote for change.

Or from living in areas without access to nutritious food.

Or where parents don't give a shit what their kids eat...
If the parents can only access oreos and mountain dew rather than fresh vegetables and fruits.

Ever hear of a food desert? Neighborhoods where there are no grocery stores, only corner bodegas?

Where in America do you see where people cannot find healthy food?

Yes, you might have to hop on a bus or, God forbid, walk a few blocks to a grocery store, but that requires responsibility...

As I said, in this country, children ONLY starve if their parents are denying them food, either by neglect or actual abuse. Because the food is already being provided.

Or where parents don't give a shit what their kids eat...
If the parents can only access oreos and mountain dew rather than fresh vegetables and fruits.

Ever hear of a food desert? Neighborhoods where there are no grocery stores, only corner bodegas?

Yes, you might have to hop on a bus or, God forbid, walk a few blocks to a grocery store, but that requires responsibility...
http://http://www.ers.usda.gov/data/fooddesert/

Last edited:
barkbrief-fig11_013.jpg

How can anyone see this and not worry about what things are coming down to in America today.

Hunger & Poverty In America - YouTube

a. Forty-three percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.

b. Eighty percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, in 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.

c. Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.

d. The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)

e. Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 31 percent own two or more cars.

f. Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.

g. Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.

h. Eighty-nine percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and more than a third have an automatic dishwasher.

i. As a group, America's poor are far from being chronically undernourished. The average consumption of protein, vitamins, and minerals is virtually the same for poor and middle-class children and, in most cases, is well above recommended norms. Poor children actually consume more meat than do higher-income children and have average protein intakes 100 percent above recommended levels. Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II.How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America

I used to be surprised at how gullible folks like you were...then I saw that Barack Obama had been elected.

Oh.....snaaap... will U have my babby?

:lol:we are so poor, the poor are obese.........

hey wait a minute...no joke....a babby?

:eusa_think:we can load up on food stamps, FS, AFDC, "job" trng. certificates, EBT cards, heating subsidy, telephone subsidy,get section 8 housing, "obama Cash"...and just sit around and post here all day .....:eusa_hand:

Last edited:
Not to mention money for the bus, or gas money.

If you are that pathetic with kids in the house, you shouldn't have them and someone needs to report your ass.

BTW, I can walk 10 miles in a day, easy. Most people can.

Food Desert Locator

How is a food desert defined?
The HFFI working group defines a food desert as a low-income census tract where a substantial number or share of residents has low access to a supermarket or large grocery store:

To qualify as a “low-income community,” a census tract must have either: 1) a poverty rate of 20 percent or higher, OR 2) a median family income at or below 80 percent of the area's median family income;
To qualify as a “low-access community,” at least 500 people and/or at least 33 percent of the census tract's population must reside more than one mile from a supermarket or large grocery store (for rural census tracts, the distance is more than 10 miles).

Again, it might mean hopping a bus or arranging shared transportation, but people can do it if they want to...

The problem is, it's easier to go the the corner store and pick up $30 for a few junk food items than hopping a bus to the grocery store for $30 for a couple of bags of healthy stuff, including bus fare....

Last edited:
I wonder.BD boop...do you think it.is it the responsibility of the state to clean up the dog shit you walk through on the way to the door? I mean, if you aren't doing it, and it is a health hazard...shouldn't some state maids come in and clean it up?

Dude. They get two hot meals a day.

Really...?

5 Myths about hunger in America

:lol::lol:

I knew you where just an other troll, but I didn't realize just how intellectually starved a troll you were...................

from your own link;

According to a new report by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, 17.4 million American families - almost 15 percent of U.S. households - are now "food insecure," an almost 30 percent increase since 2006. This means that, during any given month, they will be out of money, out of food, and forced to miss meals or seek assistance to feed themselves.

:rolleyes:

saw some starving kids on a Reservation once, well regulated/relegated prime federal subservience.....I was young and stupid, bought the whole rap as to how the man kept them down, how they'd been fucked over...........then I had my 9th birthday and realized.....:eusa_whistle:

It was only a matter of time, liberals are acheving their goal of equality.

At first liberals thought they could bring the brown people up to civilized standards for equality, nope turns out we will have to bring white people down to achive equality.

We know who brought us to this lowly place. Bush and his compassionate conservatives have made America a third world country.
I agree, unfortunately just like many white folks Bush allowed his compassion to overide his logic.
Racist! Obamaturd is doing worse and is a bigger racist than Bush.

Forum List

Back