Children do not need teachers to learn.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
CHILDREN DO NOT NEED TEACHERS TO LEARN.
Beyond the 3rd grade.

We need to stop blaming teachers when children cannot read, write, spell and do simple math. All a child need beyond the 3rd grade is text books and a desire to learn. Some things has taken away children’s desire or will to learn. To much technology that does the work for them. Computers, calculators and Word Perfect.
I went to McDonalds and my order came to $2.89 and gave the cashier $5, a dime and a penny and she could not give me change because the computerized cashier was down. Even when it is working she could not count my change back to me.
I know a kid who dropped out of the 10th grade because he was failing and bored. After ditching school for almost a year and spending the day in the library. He got his GED, went to work for AT&T at age 18, took a few classes at the community college and is not supervisor making over $100,000 a year with $10,000 yearly bonuses. There are many children like him. Bill Gate dropped out of college.
Teachers have not changed. Our children has. If a child pass the 8th grade and cannot read, write, spell and do simple math, he or her parents should be arrested for child neglect.

Beyond the 3rd grade.

We need to stop blaming teachers when children cannot read, write, spell and do simple math. All a child need beyond the 3rd grade is text books and a desire to learn. Some things has taken away children’s desire or will to learn. To much technology that does the work for them. Computers, calculators and Word Perfect.
I went to McDonalds and my order came to $2.89 and gave the cashier $5, a dime and a penny and she could not give me change because the computerized cashier was down. Even when it is working she could not count my change back to me.
I know a kid who dropped out of the 10th grade because he was failing and bored. After ditching school for almost a year and spending the day in the library. He got his GED, went to work for AT&T at age 18, took a few classes at the community college and is not supervisor making over $100,000 a year with $10,000 yearly bonuses. There are many children like him. Bill Gate dropped out of college.
Teachers have not changed. Our children has. If a child pass the 8th grade and cannot read, write, spell and do simple math, he or her parents should be arrested for child neglect.

:eusa_eh:

PS-I know someone who worked his ass off at school, got a MBA and now makes a lot more than just $100K. Not trying to brag (it's not me). Just saying you can absolutely focus on individuals who are the exception to the rule-but that doesn't mean it's representative of the norm.

No wonder the kid couldn't make change. By handing over $5, a dime, and a penny you were then owed $2.22 as change.

But I get your point. No, kids don't really need a teacher but they need decent parents. Not everyone is an Abraham Lincoln.

Beyond the 3rd grade.

How the fuck would you know? You dropped out of school after the 3rd grade?

Computers, calculators and Word Perfect.

WELCOME THE 21ST CENTURY

I guess it was slide rules and typewriters that screwed the previous generation - and before that the abacus and the stylus.

I went to McDonalds and my order came to $2.89 and gave the cashier $5, a dime and a penny and she could not give me change because the computerized cashier was down.

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR MINIMUM WAGE, if you want better service go to a classier establishment. Sorry, but you can't really bitch when you go take your business to the lowest common denominator.

And what the fuck did you give her the dime and the penny for? She's going to hand you 2 dollars 2 dimes and 2 pennies back - as $5.11 - $2.89 = $2.22. What are you, some stupid McDonald's employee who dropped out in 3rd grade? Or were you deliberately trying to confuse a minimum wage worker? WTF?

Teachers have not changed. Our children has.

HAVE. IT'S "OUR CHILDREN HAVE" - NOT "HAS"

Last edited:
Beyond the 3rd grade.

Computers, calculators and Word Perfect.

WELCOME THE 21ST CENTURY

I guess it was slide rules and typewriters that screwed the previous generation - and before that the abacus and the stylus.

I went to McDonalds and my order came to $2.89 and gave the cashier $5, a dime and a penny and she could not give me change because the computerized cashier was down.

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR MINIMUM WAGE, if you want better service go to a classier establishment. Sorry, but you can't really bitch when you go take your business to the lowest common denominator.
And what the fuck did you give her the dime and the penny for? She's going to hand you 2 dollars 2 dimes and 2 pennies back - as $5.11 - $2.89 = $2.22. What are you, some stupid McDonald's employee who dropped out in 3rd grade? Or were you deliberately trying to confuse a minimum wage worker? WTF?

That's my favorite part of the post, that the OP hands them an extra dime and penny...only to get them back as part of their change. Then gets upset when they don't know how to do math. LOL

Last edited:
Beyond the 3rd grade.

WELCOME THE 21ST CENTURY

That's my favorite part of the post, that the OP hands them an extra dime and penny...only to get them back as part of their change. Then gets upset when they don't know how to do math. LOL

If the cashier makes the casual assumption that the customer - in this case, the OP - isn't a total moron - and being in a hurry, they might get confused. Why would the customer hand me a dime and a penny just for me to hand it back to them?

You're as much a moron for repeating my post. Lighten up.

Lots of kids are home schooled. And even the dropouts can ultimately lead financially successful lives. But it takes initiative, drive, and a dream.

My dad dropped out of 8th grade back in the 30's. He died broke, but left behind an asset that's worth $80 million today.

There are too many worthless teachers in the education system, and they're being kept there by union association. They do much harm to our kids. Should they go? No question about that.
Should the union go? No question about that either.

Some people are more autodidactic than others.

Post teaching children the fundamentals like reading and basic math, the point of good education is mostly teaching people how to learn (and THINK FOR) for themselves.

As ought to be apparent to those who frequent this board and so many others like this board, the THINKING FOR ONESELF component of education is sorely lacking.

Some people are more autodidactic than others.

Post teaching children the fundamentals like reading and basic math, the point of good education is mostly teaching people how to learn (and THINK FOR) for themselves.

As ought to be apparent to those who frequent this board and so many others like this board, the THINKING FOR ONESELF component of education is sorely lacking.

Republicans prove everyday how little they think for themselves.

90%

Beyond the 3rd grade.

I think that is somewhat of an exaggeration but still a certain amount of truth in it. But double-entry accounting should have been mandatory decades ago and everyone should have been concentrating on NET WORTH instead of JOBS.

So why haven't we had a National Recommended Reading List for decades.

The Tyranny of Words (1938) by Stuart Chase
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9H1StY1nU8]"The Tyranny of Words" - YouTube[/ame]

The Accounting Game: Basic Accounting Fresh From the Lemonade Stand
The Accounting Game : Basic Accounting Fresh from the Lemonade Stand // Discounted Books from Excel Tip .com
Foolish Book Review: "The Accounting Game"

Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, by Stan Gibilisco
teach yourself electricity and electronics

Solve Elec: draw and analyze electrical circuits
Solve Elec - Educational software

Celestia: space simulation of the universe in 3D
Celestia: Home

GeoGebra: Interactive graphics, algebra and spreadsheet
GeoGebra

Logisim: Digital logic circuit simulator
Logisim | Free Home & Education software downloads at SourceForge.net

The science can be made entertaining.

HTC Flyer Full Review
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE7pKmlhOKU]HTC Flyer Full Review - YouTube[/ame]

A Short History of the World by H. G. Wells
Wells, H.G. 1922. A Short History of the World

All Day September by Roger Kuykendall
All Day September - Roger Kuykendall | Feedbooks

The Fourth R by George O. Smith
"The Fourth R" by Smith George Oliver Free Download. The book is added by David (Idaho) Read online books at OnRead.com.

Eight Keys to Eden by Mark Clifton
Index Sensational Mysteries ... of the Mysteries-of-the-World.info (also known as {a.k.a.} 'myWorld'). Anomalous Artifacts, Cryptids, Puzzling Phenomena & Places, Mysterious Megaliths, Strange Stuff, Unsolved Crimes, and all other Unusual & Unexplain
"Eight Keys to Eden" by Clifton Mark Free Download. The book is added by Todd M. Tysseling (Des Moines, IA United States) Read online books at OnRead.com.

There Will Be School Tomorrow, by V. E. Thiessen
www.feedbooks.com/userbook/11643.pdf

THE YEAR WHEN STARDUST FELL by Raymond F. Jones
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Year-When-Stardust-Fell/dp/1935774409]Amazon.com: The Year When Stardust Fell (9781935774402): Raymond F. Jones: Books[/ame]
Read The Year When Stardust Fell Online, Free Books by Raymond F. Jones - ReadCentral.com

Black Man's Burden by Mack Reynolds
SF Gospel: Mack Reynolds on Africa, Islam, utopia, and progress
Black Man's Burden - Mack Reynolds | Feedbooks

psik

You're as much a moron for repeating my post. Lighten up.

Lots of kids are home schooled. And even the dropouts can ultimately lead financially successful lives. But it takes initiative, drive, and a dream.

My dad dropped out of 8th grade back in the 30's. He died broke, but left behind an asset that's worth $80 million today.

There are too many worthless teachers in the education system, and they're being kept there by union association. They do much harm to our kids. Should they go? No question about that.
Should the union go? No question about that either.

Wow. So you want to make unions illegal.

Got it.

Only business and government interests should be allowed to collectively negotiate.

Fuck the people.

Beyond the 3rd grade.

LILO - I Still want to know WHY THE FUCK you'd give a cashier a 5 dollar bill, a dime, and a penny for a $2.89 total unless you were deliberately trying to FUCK with her?

Granny says if kids don't need teachers...

... den who gonna teach `em?

She says dis sounds like some o' dat lib'ral bull-pucky to her.
:cuckoo:

Granny says if kids don't need teachers...

... den who gonna teach `em?

She says dis sounds like some o' dat lib'ral bull-pucky to her.
:cuckoo:

There is the Vero Beach high school case in 1987 that the education profession does not say much about.

Bennett

The teachers did not object because they did not want to be bothered with students that were trouble. Then those students did better as a result of computers than those with regular teachers. But that was 1987!!!

What kind of computers and software did they have? There was no Internet. There were no Pentiums. The 486 was not introduced until 1989.

psik

If speaking of the garbage teachers today teach, children are better off without teachers.

If speaking of the garbage teachers today teach, children are better off without teachers.

So why don't we have a National Recommended Reading List? Maybe more than one for the various factions.

A Short History of the World by H. G. Wells
Wells, H.G. 1922. A Short History of the World

All Day September by Roger Kuykendall
All Day September - Roger Kuykendall | Feedbooks

The Fourth R by George O. Smith
"The Fourth R" by Smith George Oliver Free Download. The book is added by David (Idaho) Read online books at OnRead.com.

Eight Keys to Eden by Mark Clifton
http://www.mysterious-strange-weird.com/index-sensational-mysteries.html
"Eight Keys to Eden" by Clifton Mark Free Download. The book is added by Todd M. Tysseling (Des Moines, IA United States) Read online books at OnRead.com.

The Tyranny of Words (1938) by Stuart Chase
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9H1StY1nU8]"The Tyranny of Words" - YouTube[/ame]

The Accounting Game: Basic Accounting Fresh From the Lemonade Stand
The Accounting Game : Basic Accounting Fresh from the Lemonade Stand // Discounted Books from Excel Tip .com
Foolish Book Review: "The Accounting Game"

Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, by Stan Gibilisco
teach yourself electricity and electronics

There Will Be School Tomorrow, by V. E. Thiessen
www.feedbooks.com/userbook/11643.pdf

THE YEAR WHEN STARDUST FELL by Raymond F. Jones
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Year-When-Stardust-Fell/dp/1935774409]Amazon.com: The Year When Stardust Fell (9781935774402): Raymond F. Jones: Books[/ame]
Read The Year When Stardust Fell Online, Free Books by Raymond F. Jones - ReadCentral.com

Black Man's Burden by Mack Reynolds
SF Gospel: Mack Reynolds on Africa, Islam, utopia, and progress
Black Man's Burden - Mack Reynolds | Feedbooks

psik

Last edited:
Beyond the 3rd grade.

LILO - I Still want to know WHY THE FUCK you'd give a cashier a 5 dollar bill, a dime, and a penny for a $2.89 total unless you were deliberately trying to FUCK with her?

I know the OP isn't well written but I believe what was meant was that they gave the cashier a 5$ bill and the teenager couldn't figure out the simple 2.11$ change without the automated cash register.

Teachers doen't teaches a single student. Teachers has many students in the classroom. we don't blame on teachers. Parents also should watch their children and also give some time for their education.

Forum List

Back