Children and teens are more likely to die by guns than anything else

Sadly, things can still take place even when the parents do their part and not just where guns are concerned. My only question is how often do the kids turn the gun on themselves compared to turning the weapon on anyone else instead?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Still the parent's fault. If a child is raised in a decent home with decent parents, why would he or she kill themselves? A Harvard study found that home-schooled children showed higher levels of forgiveness along with more of a connection to religious institutions, which leads to lower rates of depression and suicide.

Democrat Platform: Authoritarianism and chaos over children

The bottom line is you have no interest in addressing the issue either. Screaming to ban "assault weapons" which will do nothing to stop the problem is the intellectually lazy solution, akin to throwing darts at a board and hope you hit a bullseye.
No guns, no death from guns.

How much intellect do you need to understand that?

Some folks just need to die from guns. Otherwise we wouldn't have a Second Amendment or concealed carry permits.

I'm sorry you don't like the fact you argue with an invalid premise, but there isn't anything I can do about it.
How much intellect do you need to understand and that?
What I said is the most logical. Sorry you have to be on the defense.

Wow. Sounds serious.
Catastrophic, even.

Guns are the leading cause of death for US children and teens, since surpassing car accidents in 2020.

THE leading cause!!!

According to the CDC, 2020-2021:
2020-2021
Ages 0-18
69,742 total deaths
4871 firearms - all intents: 6.9% of the total
4685 motor vehicle - all intents. 6.7% of the total

And so, while firearms - all intents "took over" for motor vehicle deaths, at 6.9% of the total, it is still a small portion of total deaths.
Put otherwise:
93.1% of children who died 2020-2021 did NOT die from a firearm-related injury.

That's --not-- the impression you get from the story - eh?

Why would CNN, et al, present this in such a misleading way?

I know:
Because the (D)ishonest know they can prey upon the emotions of the ignorant.
That's just wrong. firearms cause less than 1% of accidental deaths for children from the ages of 0-24. Even less for younger children.

A. You can't ban all guns and your premise if false and child like thinking in the first place because there will always be people who find ways to get guns and the rest of us would always be at a disadvantage.

B. Even if we were to theoretically entertain your naive approach to this issue, there would still be thousands of murderous psychopaths running around this country and THAT is the problem. What is it about our culture, especially over the past 20 years, that has started cranking out so many of these people? Guns have always been easily obtainable and this country and yet we never had this issue on this scale. Frantically screaming about gun bans addresses a symptom, but not the disease. Like I said, it's intellectually lazy thinking, but you'd certainly all pat yourselves on the back pretending as if you've accomplished despite no measurable result, just like you always do. We have a dangerously large amount of mentally unstable people walking the streets and that's what needs to be addressed and none of you seem to want to do that. As a matter of fact, it was the political left that pushed to deinstitutionalize these people decades ago. Furthermore, it's your judges and prosecutors on the left who keep refusing to appropriately prosecute and incarcerate people committing gun crimes and instead giving them slaps on the wrist and putting them back out on the streets where they are a danger.

A. You can't ban all guns and your premise if false and child like thinking in the first place because there will always be people who find ways to get guns and the rest of us would always be at a disadvantage.

B. Even if we were to theoretically entertain your naive approach to this issue, there would still be thousands of murderous psychopaths running around this country and THAT is the problem. What is it about our culture, especially over the past 20 years, that has started cranking out so many of these people? Guns have always been easily obtainable and this country and yet we never had this issue on this scale. Frantically screaming about gun bans addresses a symptom, but not the disease. Like I said, it's intellectually lazy thinking, but you'd certainly all pat yourselves on the back pretending as if you've accomplished despite no measurable result, just like you always do. We have a dangerously large amount of mentally unstable people walking the streets and that's what needs to be addressed and none of you seem to want to do that. As a matter of fact, it was the political left that pushed to deinstitutionalize these people decades ago. Furthermore, it's your judges and prosecutors on the left who keep refusing to appropriately prosecute and incarcerate people committing gun crimes and instead giving them slaps on the wrist and putting them back out on the streets where they are a danger.
I don't make excuses for immoral gun behavior or gloss it over and I don't except the senseless killing.

Wow. Sounds serious.
Catastrophic, even.

Guns are the leading cause of death for US children and teens, since surpassing car accidents in 2020.

THE leading cause!!!

According to the CDC, 2020-2021:
2020-2021
Ages 0-18
69,742 total deaths
4871 firearms - all intents: 6.9% of the total
4685 motor vehicle - all intents. 6.7% of the total

And so, while firearms - all intents "took over" for motor vehicle deaths, at 6.9% of the total, it is still a small portion of total deaths.
Put otherwise:
93.1% of children who died 2020-2021 did NOT die from a firearm-related injury.

That's --not-- the impression you get from the story - eh?

Why would CNN, et al, present this in such a misleading way?

I know:
Because the (D)ishonest know they can prey upon the emotions of the ignorant.

I just did this yesterday too....

From the Centers for Disease Control 2020, the last year for stats....

Unintentional gun deaths by gun ages <1 to 14..........from the Centers for Disease Control...

Intentional gun murder ages <1-14.....

Intentional gun murder ages 15-19.....

(keeping in mind these are majority criminals, involved in gangs, drugs and other crime.....and when do you consider an 17,18, 19 year old a child?)

Unintentional motor vehicle deaths of children 2020.......

ages ....... <1-14

ages......15-19

Application Dispatcher

Number of children in the U.S. 2021 | Statista

Hmmmm.....

Perhaps the poster is one of those psychopaths and they are irritated that too many victims now can fight them off? It is so much easier being a violent psychopath when your victims can't fight back..........

Maybe this is the secret behind the democrat party pushing gun confiscation....

I don't make excuses for immoral gun behavior or gloss it over and I don't except the senseless killing.

Neither do we.....but the democrat party keeps attacking the police to the point they can't do their jobs, and they keep releasing the most violent criminals over and over again.....

We want to stop the senseless killing, but morons like you keep voting for democrats.

Forum List

Back