Child Support as political pawn.

While I think dead beat dads should get punished, I think dads get the short end in custody agreements. I mean every other weekend and a few weeks a year is what I get and I miss him terribly. He's my little man and I love him so much, but I feel that sometimes that being a single father is frowned upon and a single mother is celebrated when we are both parents. Oh well, that's life.

Mr. Cusick
You mentioned that you would consider answering questions that were not related to your main topic of concern.
If you could, I would be interested in knowing your thoughts on the illegal immigration problem that this country is now facing (legal and illegal are different subjects) and what you would be prepared to do to stop the flow into this country.
Considering the unemployment rate, and the high cost of unemployment benefits and social services, do you think that restricting the illegal entry could open some jobs that could be taken by those currently living off of the taxpayers dollars?
In my opinion, (valued only by me I'm sure) restructuring the system could put more people back to work, generate more tax dollar and reduce the expense of social programs currently stretched to the limit.
The News reports say that our President Obama is right now pushing new serious immigration reform, and surely we can expect the Republican representatives to fight him in it whether it is the best reform or not.

So I trust our President in this regard, and if I get elected then it will be long after this new law gets ratified, or else the debate will have been severely redirected, and so the only sensible thing for me to do is to cheer from the sidelines and hope for the best.
I believe that I have attempted to pose this question to Mr Cusick in a respectable manner, I do not see why he would not give an answer.
It is only fair to know where he stands on various subjects that are in the news and important to the people in the specific state that he is trying to run for office in.
As I told you when you did first ask - we are expected to try to respect the forum rules and try to stick with the thread topic and this one is not about immigration.

FYI.
:cool:

What I said is absolute FACT . Throwing anyone in jail is the LAST resort since the goal is to get parents to pay, which they can't do if they are in jail.

Also, I made it VERY clear that athey WILL garnish the parent's wages, BUT they can BY LAW only garnish 25% of an earner's take home pay. THAT is also FACT.

url= U.S. Department of Labor - Page Not Found /url 3972 8174 2832 70112735 h.htm

So if a person's take home pay is low enough they may only be paying a portion of their child support but the state will NOT punish them for that. They will try other methods to collect if you have assets and such they can attach, and they will seize any tax refunds or such; but they will NOT even take your DL in such instances.

I know FAR more than you on this subject my friend. I promise
It is not 25% because they created an exception just for Child Support which garnishes up to 65%.
:eek:
A parent would have had to make NO payments for 24 consecutive months, and owe a TOTAL of $5000 or more to face a misdemeanor charge. A parent would have to be $10000 behind in the same time frame to face a felony charge

url= Child Exploitation and Obscenity (CEOS): Child Support Enforcement /url]
Both of you are misrepresenting the situation in that you are referencing the federal law when the feds only enter the case under specific conditions.

It is each State with State laws that put parents into jails nationwide just for being impoverished or dead-broke or for being under-employed and assorted other reasons.

So the feds might wait 24 months but the States are already attacking the parents within those same 24 months.

They made no such exception, you are wrong. CSE can only garnish 25% of a person's paycheck per child support case.

You are also wrong about the federal government. Every state as a CSE which operates under FEDERAL guidelines. Meaning the state must follow state guidelines.

While I think dead beat dads should get punished,
There is that self-righteousness again and it is hopeless indeed.

SARCASM = It does not matter what the facts show or what is the truth as we got to punish the demon "deadbeats" no matter what.

And you see the injustice done in your own life but you do not give the same regard to other parents like yourself = self-righteous, in that you are right and you are done wrong but the other parents are "deadbeats" and they deserve to be trashed under that mentality! (again sarcasm).

I think dads get the short end in custody agreements. I mean every other weekend and a few weeks a year is what I get and I miss him terribly. He's my little man and I love him so much, but I feel that sometimes that being a single father is frowned upon and a single mother is celebrated when we are both parents.

They have stolen your child and hold him prisoner while demanding ransom money in the guise of Child Support or else you will never see your son again. The "visitation rights" are given to keep you on the hook and to keep the separated parents paying the loot.

Oh well, that's life.

It is NOT "life" as it is laws being superimposed onto society by people who are no better than we are.

We all have a duty to do what is right in "life", and that includes the duty to resist or even to fight that which is wrong.

:eek:

There shouldn't be child support laws, period. The government has no right to interfere in family matters unless there is physical harm taking place.

They made no such exception, you are wrong. CSE can only garnish 25% of a person's paycheck per child support case.

You are also wrong about the federal government. Every state as a CSE which operates under FEDERAL guidelines. Meaning the state must follow state guidelines.

Link here = SupportGuidelines.com | Article: The Federal Consumer Protection Act and Garnishment for Child Support

And this above is only one (1) website among very many other websites that declare the garnishment of Child Support can exceed all other forms of collection as in up to 65%, so you could have researched this easily instead of blindly denying it.

And the 65% disposable is a mathematical trick in that when the money for taxes and Social Security are withdrawn from a paycheck and the Child Support takes 65% percent of what is left over (the "disposable" income) then the total for c/s along with the taxes do equal 65% of the gross income, and it is created that way so the c/s collection will not take the taxes as the taxes still get paid.

The c/s laws might make so the parents can not pay rent or buy food but it does not stop the parents from paying their taxes in full.

The Brain:
Actually there are more dead beat moms in this country than dads FACT. Now it is true that men owe ore money , but more moms are behind than dads.

IF that is a fact, and it seems unreasonable that it would be since a woman would have to be filmed blowing someone on Main Street with a crack pipe in one hand and a needle in the other arm, all the while collecting cash payment in order to lose custody in our family court system (which, btw, I do believe needs reform), there should be some authoritative data to back it up. Give or get out.

Why does it seem unreasonable? That is a pretty prejudiced comment if you ask me.

FOXNews.com - Moms Can Be Deadbeats Too - U.S. & World

This source is a little dated, the data is still similar but I can't find my more recent data at the moment.

You said there were "more" (as in number) deadbeat moms, yet the article you cite reports that they are only a (and only slightly) greater percent out of the whole of mothers that owe. NOT that there are more in number. Additionally, the article you cite also explains that there is the same bias in the court system - awarding custody more often to mothers - much as what I wrote in bold above. I notice FOX News only reported the total in numbers for women, and glossed over what the total in numbers is for men. Gee, One wonders why...:lol:

And...if you took that long to find "dated" data, and cannot even find for sure if it is still accurate, and if that does not even support your claim of "FACT," then it is not, in fact, a fact.

Last edited:
Maybe they need to regulate where the child support goes, like with food stamps, alot of women just use the child support to go out all night to the club.

Maybe they need to regulate where the child support goes, like with food stamps, alot of women just use the child support to go out all night to the club.

quantify "alot." Or a lot, if you will.

And who will bear the screams against more government regulation, as well as the necessary hiring of more government employees to conduct it?

Last edited:

And who will bear the screams against more government regulation, as well as the necessary hiring of more government employees to conduct it?

I can only tell you from my own life experience I have seen quite a few young ladies who use their "child support" on themselves and not the children, realistically there is no way to regulate where these funds go its just a suggestion, food stamps can only be used on food and child support should only be used on the child.

I can only tell you from my own life experience I have seen quite a few young ladies who use their "child support" on themselves and not the children, realistically there is no way to regulate where these funds go its just a suggestion, food stamps can only be used on food and child support should only be used on the child.

I do understand, but where that gets tricky is in the other side of the opportunity for abuse, the cost of paperwork, and the added people to conduct the paperwork. One of the reasons that it is a popular program here in the US is that it lifts some families above the poverty threshold required for needs based welfare, reducing the # who qualify for it, and the administrative costs of regulating it. If mothers are not caring for their children, then there are laws against neglect that apply to them as well, and they can be reported.

I do understand, but where that gets tricky is in the other side of the opportunity for abuse, the cost of paperwork, and the added people to conduct the paperwork. One of the reasons that it is a popular program here in the US is that it lifts some families above the poverty threshold required for needs based welfare, reducing the # who qualify for it, and the administrative costs of regulating it. If mothers are not caring for their children, then there are laws against neglect that apply to them as well, and they can be reported.

You are correct trying to regulate where these funds go would just turn into alot of red tape and paperwork, and its something thats not going to happen, just something I was thinking about.

There are laws in States but mandated by federal laws which has created a "parenting police" to enforce the oppressive and destructive Child Support system and it needs to be stopped - or at least needs some huge reforms.

As it is now it is ONLY-only poor and impoverished and dead-broke parents go to jail for the Child Support (for 6 months to 3 years then plus probation), so now we literally have hundreds of parents going in and out of jail in every American County, and thousands upon thousands of parents in and out of jail in every State, and we literally have millions upon millions of dirt poor parents going in and out of jail nationwide and it is not only an absurd process but in true effect the laws destroy the families by incarcerating the parents.

And the federal laws will put the parents into federal prison for five (5) years and if the parents had the money to pay then they would not go to jail nor to prison because only the low income and dead-broke parents get incarcerated and it needs to be stopped.

Most people fail to see that Child Support is a big political agenda and it is not a true effort to help children. There is a pretense that giving them money means helping the child(ren) but we know the children need their parents, and particularly need their fathers, but the well developed American doctrine has become that money is itself its own justification and that doctrine is not true and not real so that the laws are doing real long term damage to our society.

you don't like supporting your kids ?
first repigs hate welfare , supporting others kids , now they don't want to be made to support their own ?
OK then get ride of our child labor laws so the kid can support themselves

You are correct trying to regulate where these funds go would just turn into alot of red tape and paperwork, and its something thats not going to happen, just something I was thinking about.

Well, it IS frustrating for parents who pay their support faithfully and still see their children going without things they believe (many times quite rightly) they should have. I've been on both sides of this issue, both as a mother and one who has seen some good men horribly abused by the system by the courts and predatory women. There aren't any easy answers here, only the best we can do under less than ideal and complex circumstances.

Well, it IS frustrating for parents who pay their support faithfully and still see their children going without things they believe (many times quite rightly) they should have. I've been on both sides of this issue, both as a mother and one who has seen some good men horribly abused by the system by the courts and predatory women. There aren't any easy answers here, only the best we can do under less than ideal and complex circumstances.

This is why I will never get married again and why alot of men don't want to, in divorce and child support proceedings, women carry all the cards, the men only have an advantage if the woman is a unfit mother and you have to prove that, the system is stacked against men from the jump. In alot of divorces I seen the woman gets to keep the children, get child support, alimony (which is a huge joke in my opinion) if she can get it and half of the possessions, why should someone sign up for that?

This is why I will never get married again and why alot of men don't want to, in divorce and child support proceedings, women carry all the cards, the men only have an advantage if the woman is a unfit mother and you have to prove that, the system is stacked against men from the jump. In alot of divorces I seen the woman gets to keep the children, get child support, alimony (which is a huge joke in my opinion) if she can get it and half of the possessions, why should someone sign up for that?

Women have some pretty valid reasons not to enter into that suicide pact as well, but like I said, I do understand.

Me? I say that I'll never live with a man again, I'm just looking for someone who already hates me so I can FURNISH their home. Some of us are too proud to accept alimony. Some of us leave with MUCH less than we came with or furnished while we were there, and some of US have to start from scratch too.

Women have some pretty valid reasons not to enter into that suicide pact as well, but like I said, I do understand.

Me? I say that I'll never live with a man again, I'm just looking for someone who already hates me so I can FURNISH their home. Some of us are too proud to accept alimony. Some of us leave with MUCH less than we came with or furnished while we were there, and some of US have to start from scratch too.

You are correct however the women that leave the marriage with the same or less than what they came in with do that willingly or if they signed a pre-nup, luckily me and my ex came to an agreement but if she really wanted to she could have had me living in a homeless shelter with what the courts in California wanted to give her.

There shouldn't be child support laws, period. The government has no right to interfere in family matters unless there is physical harm taking place.
I agree with this - and I give my compliments for having the insight to say such a thing.

I will take that even father by saying the gov has made a mess through its interference.

Government has a specific function and it is worded like this:
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. Preamble link HERE.

Men and Woman / husbands and wives / fathers and mothers - have always and will always have squabbles and disputes, so our pompous gov gets into the middle of personal affairs as if the gov is some righteous overseer when it is not.

Now we have parenting laws with parenting police and it will be very hard to stop such a pompous attitude under the guise of law.

Forum List

Back