Child Support as political pawn.

This really sounds backwards, making parents financially responsible for their kids=ridiculous? Okie Dokie.

Here's a little personal side story; my stepmom has a 32 year old daughter, 2 years ago she was notified that she was getting a check in the mail to pay for the 18 years in which her ex-husband paid zero child support. While the check was in the mail she received another call from the gov't agency that the check she was getting was being cancelled because the father said that his company wouldn't be able to meet payroll for the week.

Ahhhh the efficiencies and beauty of the american government.

It truly does not make sense for a mother to get paid for upbringing her own child.

If she wanted the father then that is the point of "marriage", and clearly she did marry some other "father" so she has no realistic claim for payment at all.

In fact it is the child's father that lost out since he lost his child whom the mother took their child away from him.

So if we were truly "legal" as in the law ordering damages to be paid then it is the father who lost his child and so the father is the one damaged and that mother owes the father damages, and the child too is damaged by that mother denying the child access to his God given father.

We really do have a mixed up and confused system here.

The one that stole the child gets paid and the one who has their child taken away has to pay the kidnapper under legal enforcement.

:cool:

This really sounds backwards, making parents financially responsible for their kids=ridiculous? Okie Dokie.

Here's a little personal side story; my stepmom has a 32 year old daughter, 2 years ago she was notified that she was getting a check in the mail to pay for the 18 years in which her ex-husband paid zero child support. While the check was in the mail she received another call from the gov't agency that the check she was getting was being cancelled because the father said that his company wouldn't be able to meet payroll for the week.

Ahhhh the efficiencies and beauty of the american government.

It truly does not make sense for a mother to get paid for upbringing her own child.

If she wanted the father then that is the point of "marriage", and clearly she did marry some other "father" so she has no realistic claim for payment at all.

In fact it is the child's father that lost out since he lost his child whom the mother took their child away from him.

So if we were truly "legal" as in the law ordering damages to be paid then it is the father who lost his child and so the father is the one damaged and that mother owes the father damages, and the child too is damaged by that mother denying the child access to his God given father.

We really do have a mixed up and confused system here.

The one that stole the child gets paid and the one who has their child taken away has to pay the kidnapper under legal enforcement.

If you are, indeed, considered a viable political candidate anywhere in these United States, then we're in far worse shape then I thought. The fucktarded logic displayed above is only part of the problem. I can only hope that the crew that edits your press releases are as clueless regarding grammar and the commonest of sense as you have proven to be.

The Brain:
Actually there are more dead beat moms in this country than dads FACT. Now it is true that men owe ore money , but more moms are behind than dads.

IF that is a fact, and it seems unreasonable that it would be since a woman would have to be filmed blowing someone on Main Street with a crack pipe in one hand and a needle in the other arm, all the while collecting cash payment in order to lose custody in our family court system (which, btw, I do believe needs reform), there should be some authoritative data to back it up. Give or get out.

It appears to be 'fact':

Deadbeat parent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Makes sense too, since as you say the moms who don't get custody usually haven't had the best relationships with their kids.

The Brain:
Actually there are more dead beat moms in this country than dads FACT. Now it is true that men owe ore money , but more moms are behind than dads.

IF that is a fact, and it seems unreasonable that it would be since a woman would have to be filmed blowing someone on Main Street with a crack pipe in one hand and a needle in the other arm, all the while collecting cash payment in order to lose custody in our family court system (which, btw, I do believe needs reform), there should be some authoritative data to back it up. Give or get out.

It appears to be 'fact':

Makes sense too, since as you say the moms who don't get custody usually haven't had the best relationships with their kids.

I'll get back to you on that, and I'd bet real money it is, as I said, based on THE % OF THOSE OF EITHER GENDER WHO OWE rather than actual NUMBERS, b e c a u s e of the conditions of which I wrote. Meanwhile, the page itself was last edited (changed by users) 7 times TODAY.

There are laws in States but mandated by federal laws which has created a "parenting police" to enforce the oppressive and destructive Child Support system and it needs to be stopped - or at least needs some huge reforms.

As it is now it is ONLY-only poor and impoverished and dead-broke parents go to jail for the Child Support (for 6 months to 3 years then plus probation), so now we literally have hundreds of parents going in and out of jail in every American County, and thousands upon thousands of parents in and out of jail in every State, and we literally have millions upon millions of dirt poor parents going in and out of jail nationwide and it is not only an absurd process but in true effect the laws destroy the families by incarcerating the parents.

And the federal laws will put the parents into federal prison for five (5) years and if the parents had the money to pay then they would not go to jail nor to prison because only the low income and dead-broke parents get incarcerated and it needs to be stopped.

Most people fail to see that Child Support is a big political agenda and it is not a true effort to help children. There is a pretense that giving them money means helping the child(ren) but we know the children need their parents, and particularly need their fathers, but the well developed American doctrine has become that money is itself its own justification and that doctrine is not true and not real so that the laws are doing real long term damage to our society.

All it does is break a persons will to work, and adds another person to the entitlement program line. Politicians who write these laws could give a shit less about the kids, all they care about is breaking the will of a once productive citizen and molding them into a well refined welfare recipient who votes.

There are laws in States but mandated by federal laws which has created a "parenting police" to enforce the oppressive and destructive Child Support system and it needs to be stopped - or at least needs some huge reforms.

As it is now it is ONLY-only poor and impoverished and dead-broke parents go to jail for the Child Support (for 6 months to 3 years then plus probation), so now we literally have hundreds of parents going in and out of jail in every American County, and thousands upon thousands of parents in and out of jail in every State, and we literally have millions upon millions of dirt poor parents going in and out of jail nationwide and it is not only an absurd process but in true effect the laws destroy the families by incarcerating the parents.

And the federal laws will put the parents into federal prison for five (5) years and if the parents had the money to pay then they would not go to jail nor to prison because only the low income and dead-broke parents get incarcerated and it needs to be stopped.

Most people fail to see that Child Support is a big political agenda and it is not a true effort to help children. There is a pretense that giving them money means helping the child(ren) but we know the children need their parents, and particularly need their fathers, but the well developed American doctrine has become that money is itself its own justification and that doctrine is not true and not real so that the laws are doing real long term damage to our society.

All it does is break a persons will to work, and adds another person to the entitlement program line. Politicians who write these laws could give a shit less about the kids, all they care about is breaking the will of a once productive citizen and molding them into a well refined welfare recipient who votes.

Jesus H Christ on a Popsicle stick.
"Entitlement program?!"
Cheeeze, dad, you knocked mom up, ran like the wind, and now you don't want to feed me?
I'm SHOCKED.
Appalled, even.
:eusa_whistle:

Parents who abdicate their responsibility to pay child support (be they mothers OR fathers) should be charged with child abuse and thrown in jail. They are scum and I have no use for them.

Both parents should be held responsible, not just one "It takes two to tango". I know of one guy who spends over $600 a month, plus he takes what he has extra and does things with his kids, and all he ever has left over is enough money to pay his bills with, while his ex-wife lays around on her lazy ass getting a lazy check and when the child support comes in she goes to the tanning bed or on a shopping spree. The money rarely goes to the kids, hardly ever.
Alot of woman these days use their crotch as an ATM machine, and that is wrong in itself. I feel they should be made to show receipts for what they spend it on, and the amount spent on stuff that is not for the kids should be deducted from the next child support payment.

"Entitlement program?!"
Cheeeze, dad, you knocked mom up, ran like the wind, and now you don't want to feed me?
I'm SHOCKED.
Appalled, even.

I've never missed a payment, and I get my kids every weekend "Not just the every other weekend like the court order says" I also get them on my vacations in the summer. I'm not the deadbeat, my ex is.
And that guy I was talking about above?...yeah that's me, I didn't want to put it out there like that, but now that you said what you did what the hell.
Also, I should add in there the 3 months I had my kids because of a DVP I filed on her, she was ordered to pay me support and I never sen a dime of it.

Last edited:
The Brain:

It appears to be 'fact':

I'll get back to you on that, and I'd bet real money it is, as I said, based on THE % OF THOSE OF EITHER GENDER WHO OWE rather than actual NUMBERS, b e c a u s e of the conditions of which I wrote. Meanwhile, the page itself was last edited (changed by users) 7 times TODAY.

Do you even READ the links you post?

According to the US Census Bureau, 47.3% of custodial mothers (as "obligees") received all child support that they were owed and 77.5% received some. Additionally, 46.2% of custodial fathers (as "obligees") received all child support that they were owed and 74.5% received some.[1]

Like I said, the numbers don't add up, because it lists a percentage of who owes, NOT the actual number of those on either side of the gender line. A 1.1% is very misleading given the actual numbers.

Parents who abdicate their responsibility to pay child support (be they mothers OR fathers) should be charged with child abuse and thrown in jail. They are scum and I have no use for them.

Both parents should be held responsible, not just one "It takes two to tango". I know of one guy who spends over $600 a month, plus he takes what he has extra and does things with his kids, and all he ever has left over is enough money to pay his bills with, while his ex-wife lays around on her lazy ass getting a lazy check and when the child support comes in she goes to the tanning bed or on a shopping spree. The money rarely goes to the kids, hardly ever.
Alot of woman these days use their crotch as an ATM machine, and that is wrong in itself. I feel they should be made to show receipts for what they spend it on, and the amount spent on stuff that is not for the kids should be deducted from the next child support payment.

I agree with you 100% but a progam like that will never happen because it will require more babysitting on behalf of the government to track where these moneys go and what it is spent on.

"Entitlement program?!"
I'm SHOCKED.
Appalled, even.

I've never missed a payment, and I get my kids every weekend "Not just the every other weekend like the court order says" I also get them on my vacations in the summer. I'm not the deadbeat, my ex is.
And that guy I was talking about above?...yeah that's me, I didn't want to put it out there like that, but now that you said what you did what the hell.

How is your ex the
"dead beat?"
I've been on 2 sides of this. My daughter's father was the model dad. We never went to court, and he never gave me a dime. He bought her everything. He picked her up every weekend, at first, until the diapers weren't an issue, one night a week, then, once when she was toilet trained, two. He also got to be the source of all good and fun things while I did the mundane shit such as keeping a roof over her head, the heat on, and food on the table.

My son's dad, the late ex husband was WAY more interesting. HE paid, sometimes, picked his son up, sometimes, brought me to court over rights he sporadically exercised, put his son on the phone to "say goodbye to mommy" when he was supposedly running off to Canada with him, a little something the local NOR the state authorities would touch given the domestic nature of the problem.

When I left him, I had the presence of mind to duck the dining room table. Because I ducked, they wouldn't arrest him.

I completely understand why YOU believe the system is screwed. Do you even CARE why I think so too?

"Entitlement program?!"
I'm SHOCKED.
Appalled, even.

How is your ex the
"dead beat?"
I've been on 2 sides of this. My daughter's father was the model dad. We never went to court, and he never gave me a dime. He bought her everything. He picked her up every weekend, at first, until the diapers weren't an issue, one night a week, then, once when she was toilet trained, two. He also got to be the source of all good and fun things while I did the mundane shit such as keeping a roof over her head, the heat on, and food on the table.

My son's dad, the late ex husband was WAY more interesting. HE paid, sometimes, picked his son up, sometimes, brought me to court over rights he sporadically exercised, put his son on the phone to "say goodbye to mommy" when he was supposedly running off to Canada with him, a little something the local NOR the state authorities would touch given the domestic nature of the problem.

When I left him, I had the presence of mind to duck the dining room table. Because I ducked, they wouldn't arrest him.

I completely understand why YOU believe the system is screwed. Do you even CARE why I think so too?

I have to ask a question, are we at a point now where men and women are incapitable and cannot live together? our divorce rates are through the roof, it seems the only marriages that work are where one partner is forced to be submissive to the other, like in the Middle East.

How is your ex the
"dead beat?"

I have to ask a question, are we at a point now where men and women are incapitable and cannot live together? our divorce rates are through the roof, it seems the only marriages that work are where one partner is forced to be submissive to the other, like in the Middle East.

That's only what you see on TV. Barring poverty (and in most cases even then) couples are just chilling and hoping for a better day.

How is your ex the
"dead beat?"

That's only what you see on TV. Barring poverty (and in most cases even then) couples are just chilling and hoping for a better day.

The divorce rates are through the roof though, even couples who have been married 20, 30 years are calling it quits, not very promising signs if I were planning on getting married.

The divorce rates are through the roof though, even couples who have been married 20, 30 years are calling it quits, not very promising signs if I were planning on getting married.

All the more reason to be very careful up front.

Yes I learned the game when I got divorced, its crazy how you can go from loving a person to totally not wanting them around and cussing each other out like sailors.

It is wrong to accept that as normal and expected when we need to do some thing to stop the ignorance.

You are correct about being "careful up front" because we each and all have huge threats up front from the intrusive and inhuman laws.

A couple that want to get married today are not any more able to embrace God and they are not comforted by love but are worried of ruin and disgrace coming from our big Daddy gov watching over and waiting for whomever it may devour.

People complain about the very many broken marriages and broken families but few are willing to look at the breaker of marriages which is the State law.

It is wrong to accept that as normal and expected when we need to do some thing to stop the ignorance.

You are correct about being "careful up front" because we each and all have huge threats up front from the intrusive and inhuman laws.

A couple that want to get married today are not any more able to embrace God and they are not comforted by love but are worried of ruin and disgrace coming from our big Daddy gov watching over and waiting for whomever it may devour.

People complain about the very many broken marriages and broken families but few are willing to look at the breaker of marriages which is the State law.

Really? Seems like most are caused by frivolous spending and cheating and addictions of one sort or another. Of course there are also the abusers, but so much nicer to blame state law.

My brother was never married to his ex fiance and they had a kid together they had an agreement they both signed but he never had it notarized and she took him to court and he was ordered to pay 236$ a month in child support when he was making minimum wage he fell behind and they suspended his license. They would not allow him to see his daughter they would not set up visitation for him and he could not get help with a lawyer to help him. Its been since December since he saw his daughter who just turned 4 all because his ex is a real bitch and there is no court forced visitation. So yeah you are right OP.

Forum List

Back