Child Support as political pawn.

There are laws in States but mandated by federal laws which has created a "parenting police" to enforce the oppressive and destructive Child Support system and it needs to be stopped - or at least needs some huge reforms.

As it is now it is ONLY-only poor and impoverished and dead-broke parents go to jail for the Child Support (for 6 months to 3 years then plus probation), so now we literally have hundreds of parents going in and out of jail in every American County, and thousands upon thousands of parents in and out of jail in every State, and we literally have millions upon millions of dirt poor parents going in and out of jail nationwide and it is not only an absurd process but in true effect the laws destroy the families by incarcerating the parents.

And the federal laws will put the parents into federal prison for five (5) years and if the parents had the money to pay then they would not go to jail nor to prison because only the low income and dead-broke parents get incarcerated and it needs to be stopped.

Most people fail to see that Child Support is a big political agenda and it is not a true effort to help children. There is a pretense that giving them money means helping the child(ren) but we know the children need their parents, and particularly need their fathers, but the well developed American doctrine has become that money is itself its own justification and that doctrine is not true and not real so that the laws are doing real long term damage to our society.

:cool:

Are you sure about the federal law part of your post? I can't recally anyone going to federal prison for not paying child support.

Ah so as long as you pay something you won't have to go to jail? good info right there.
It was not true, it is not correct, and it was worthless info if not outright misleading info.

You really must not believe everything you are told, and you need to seek out the truth in every regard.

Ah so as long as you pay something you won't have to go to jail? good info right there.
It was not true, it is not correct, and it was worthless info if not outright misleading info.

You really must not believe everything you are told, and you need to seek out the truth in every regard.

So how far back in child support debt do you have to be in to face jail time? and also does it vary by state?

Here's an absolute fact for you. If you have child support obligations and pay at least $1 a month towards those obligations no state agency will ever declare you a criminal or come after you , and here's why.

Child support is set up on a computer database that no one ever looks at. They system is set up to alert Child Support Agents ONLY if a payment has not been made within the last 30 days. Even if you complain you will be informed that as long as some form of payment is made every 30 days the state won't go after them , not even to revoke their DL. They will garnish wages if they can find any however, and they will intercept tax refunds and that sort of thing. They just won't file charges.

So IF you end up in jail for failure to pay, it is completely and utterly your own fault. PERIOD. There is NO ONE in this country who shouldn't be able to make SOME kind of contribution towards their child's rearing on a monthly basis.
There is not one once of truth in that and it is total rubbish.

If the Child Support enforcement has any record of the parent then they attach and garnish the c/s payment in full.

The only way that $1 a month will keep a parent out of prosecution is if the parent sends in the $1 but does not give any return address and can hide their income from the enforcers because the enforcers will indeed collect full payments by every means at their disposal including putting any dead-broke parent into jail.

What I said is absolute FACT . Throwing anyone in jail is the LAST resort since the goal is to get parents to pay, which they can't do if they are in jail.

Also, I made it VERY clear that athey WILL garnish the parent's wages, BUT they can BY LAW only garnish 25% of an earner's take home pay. THAT is also FACT.

U.S. Department of Labor - Page Not Found 3972 8174 2832 70112735 h.htm

So if a person's take home pay is low enough they may only be paying a portion of their child support but the state will NOT punish them for that. They will try other methods to collect if you have assets and such they can attach, and they will seize any tax refunds or such; but they will NOT even take your DL in such instances.

I know FAR more than you on this subject my friend. I promise

So how far back in child support debt do you have to be in to face jail time? and also does it vary by state?

A parent would have had to make NO payments for 24 consecutive months, and owe a TOTAL of $5000 or more to face a misdemeanor charge. A parent would have to be $10000 behind in the same time frame to face a felony charge

Child Exploitation and Obscenity (CEOS): Child Support Enforcement

A parent would have had to make NO payments for 24 consecutive months, and owe a TOTAL of $5000 or more to face a misdemeanor charge. A parent would have to be $10000 behind in the same time frame to face a felony charge

Thanks for the info.

The Brain:
Actually there are more dead beat moms in this country than dads FACT. Now it is true that men owe ore money , but more moms are behind than dads.

IF that is a fact, and it seems unreasonable that it would be since a woman would have to be filmed blowing someone on Main Street with a crack pipe in one hand and a needle in the other arm, all the while collecting cash payment in order to lose custody in our family court system (which, btw, I do believe needs reform), there should be some authoritative data to back it up. Give or get out.

Why does it seem unreasonable? That is a pretty prejudiced comment if you ask me.

FOXNews.com - Moms Can Be Deadbeats Too - U.S. & World

This source is a little dated, the data is still similar but I can't find my more recent data at the moment.

Thanks for the info.

If you intend to use the info to skip out on child support you owe, you are scum and deserve a painful death.

Thanks for the info.

If you intend to use the info to skip out on child support you owe, you are scum and deserve a painful death.

Huh what the fuck? I don't owe any child support!:evil:

Thanks for the info.

Exactly WHY would you conclude that he wants to use the info to skip out on child support payments?

Mr Cusick
What about those parents that have the children then leave, no payment coming at all.
It is not meant to be profitable to separate from the other parent.

Many parents choose Child Support instead of marriage.

In fact there are many of the custodial parents who get checks from several different mates as some times the Child Support pays quite well.

And even some non-custodial parents see the Child Support payment as a way of pretending to be a parent while remaining single.

Marriage and the affairs between Men and Women are not meant to be the business of gov.
The state ends up paying to support those children, and by extension its the actual taxpayer that foots the bill.
That is only in cases where the parents are very poor, and usually poor children have poor Moms and poor Dads whether the law collects Child Support or not.

In many if not most cases the custodial marries again or shacks-up as it is called, and the custodial usually has their own job as most people do, so only the poorest of the poor families go onto public assistance and that is the point and purpose of public assistance to help those in need.

Plus for the poorest of poor families on welfare then the federal law allows the States to collect and to keep the Child Support loot into the State treasuries and they do not give the c/s collected for the poorest of poor families.

Now if for instance the situation is caused by the death of a parent, I have no problem with giving my money to that family to insure that the needs are met, but when those needs become required due to a parent just not wanting to even try to pay, then we have a totally different story.
That is true, but we need to make laws that help the couple and not as it is now where the law attacks the parent and trashes the parent and destroys the family unit as it does now.

The biggest injustice here is not how the law handles the situation, but that there are parents that just don't care enough, or are not responsible enough to take care of their own children without a threat hanging over their head.
Your claim as that is malicious and a projection of people like your self, and all human parents do care a lot about their own offspring and it is a fallacy to equate human beings and human parents as if they are inhuman animals.

The sad reality is that no parent anywhere in the USA pays Child Support without the ugly legal threats hanging over every one of the paying parents.

And the biggest threat of all is not going to jail - no, the truest biggest threat over every separated parent is that the law will make so they never see their children ever again. The threat is that the separated parents must pay the Child Support as ransom money or else lose their children, and it is an immoral threat indeed.

:eek:

I believe that I have attempted to pose this question to Mr Cusick in a respectable manner, I do not see why he would not give an answer.
It is only fair to know where he stands on various subjects that are in the news and important to the people in the specific state that he is trying to run for office in.

If you can't afford to help support a child until they're 18-wrap it up, and engage in responsible sexual activities. If you can't do that-don't have sex. If you refuse to do that-take the risk, and if you have a child-TOUGH. I don't feel bad for you.

If you lose your job, collect scrap metal to sell, look everyday for a job, borrow money from a family member/friend, until you can pay them back. There's no excuse for falling (severely) back on child support. None. And I don't feel bad for you one bit. It was YOUR choice to have the child-the child shouldn't be punished for that.

If you have a child with a deadbeat-sorry you get sympathy from me no (your child does). YOU chose the other parent, you made that decision. When you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

It's such an easy solution: you don't want to pay child support? Don't have one.

edit: people need to start taking some personal responsibility in our society. Having a child is one of the greatest (if not the greatest) responsibility somebody can have in life.

Last edited:
I believe that I have attempted to pose this question to Mr Cusick in a respectable manner, I do not see why he would not give an answer.
It is only fair to know where he stands on various subjects that are in the news and important to the people in the specific state that he is trying to run for office in.

He isn't on the board right now.

Once that marriage fails there are never any winners. It is the most destructive event in peoples lives that in the end leaves the child hurting the worse
You are correct in this - but this is mostly a modern day phenomenon because our laws have made separation and divorce into a profitable industry.

Most people know the Thomas Jefferson saying of "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE" and marriage was a religious institution which has now been violated and dominated by the laws of State.

It is the gov which issues the writ of divorce and the Church has no authority otherwise.

The gov is deciding about "Gay marriage" instead of a "Civil Union" because the gov has taken over the role of the Church.

If we go back in time just to 1970 and the Child Support as we claim it to be did not exist, and if we go back before 1940 the idea of Child Support was virtually non existent, and before the 20th century c/s did not exist.

Today many if not most people want to blame the parents involved and it is time to start looking at our misguided laws before we destroy our own society by attacking parents - not truly criminals but just attacking "parents" and parenting.

Contrary to the quote quoted above there really are many UNSEEN "winners" in this regard - because the Lawyers and each of the States profit from it, and see more at Wikipedia under "Child Support" then down to: "Criticism of child support obligations effectiveness to benefit children" because it is an interesting and ugly report there (note I can not yet post links here or else I would).

Once that marriage fails there are never any winners. It is the most destructive event in peoples lives that in the end leaves the child hurting the worse
You are correct in this - but this is mostly a modern day phenomenon because our laws have made separation and divorce into a profitable industry.

Most people know the Thomas Jefferson saying of "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE" and marriage was a religious institution which has now been violated and dominated by the laws of State.

It is the gov which issues the writ of divorce and the Church has no authority otherwise.

The gov is deciding about "Gay marriage" instead of a "Civil Union" because the gov has taken over the role of the Church.

If we go back in time just to 1970 and the Child Support as we claim it to be did not exist, and if we go back before 1940 the idea of Child Support was virtually non existent, and before the 20th century c/s did not exist.

Today many if not most people want to blame the parents involved and it is time to start looking at our misguided laws before we destroy our own society by attacking parents - not truly criminals but just attacking "parents" and parenting.

Contrary to the quote quoted above there really are many UNSEEN "winners" in this regard - because the Lawyers and each of the States profit from it, and see more at Wikipedia under "Child Support" then down to: "Criticism of child support obligations effectiveness to benefit children" because it is an interesting and ugly report there (note I can not yet post links here or else I would).

child support laws are a GOOD thing, PERIOD

What I said is absolute FACT . Throwing anyone in jail is the LAST resort since the goal is to get parents to pay, which they can't do if they are in jail.

Also, I made it VERY clear that athey WILL garnish the parent's wages, BUT they can BY LAW only garnish 25% of an earner's take home pay. THAT is also FACT.

url= U.S. Department of Labor - Page Not Found /url 3972 8174 2832 70112735 h.htm

So if a person's take home pay is low enough they may only be paying a portion of their child support but the state will NOT punish them for that. They will try other methods to collect if you have assets and such they can attach, and they will seize any tax refunds or such; but they will NOT even take your DL in such instances.

I know FAR more than you on this subject my friend. I promise
It is not 25% because they created an exception just for Child Support which garnishes up to 65%.
:eek:

url= Child Exploitation and Obscenity (CEOS): Child Support Enforcement /url]
Both of you are misrepresenting the situation in that you are referencing the federal law when the feds only enter the case under specific conditions.

It is each State with State laws that put parents into jails nationwide just for being impoverished or dead-broke or for being under-employed and assorted other reasons.

So the feds might wait 24 months but the States are already attacking the parents within those same 24 months.

Forum List

Back