Chick Fil A Ends Charitable Donating

Kind of like the snowflake left that had a meltdown over them publicly announcing their stance against gay marriage? The older I get the more I notice how much you're all the same.

Fast food chain Chick-fil-A announced earlier this month that it would no longer give to the Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, two nonprofit organizations that have traditionally opposed LGBT causes such as marriage equality.

Trump-loving Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk on Wednesday had a complete meltdown about the chicken restaurant’s decision and howled angrily that “Chick-fil-A betrayed us” even though “we stood by them for years during every attack and controversy.”

‘Snowflake’ conservatives have white-hot meltdown over getting ‘betrayed’ by Chick-fil-A

"Put not ye faith in multimillion dollar fast food chains"

:auiqs.jpg:
It is just another example of brain dead sales managers being stupid.

No wonder you have such affinity to it.

Chic Fila is going to lose customers. It is really that simple, the only mystery is why they would be so assinine.

uh HUH. So you think they should be FORCED to donate to anti-whatever causes, do you? By the government?

A great example of why it's dumb to let your ideology control your worldview.
But alot of this conservative reaction is way over-blown too.

Chick-fil-A Fans Outraged after Company Caves, Halts Donations to FCA, Salvation Army

On social media, though, many Chick-fil-A supporters expressed disappointment the company was no longer supporting popular faith-based charities and organizations.

“In Aug 2012, I coordinated a national @ChickfilA Appreciation Day after they were being bullied by militant hate groups,” former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee wrote on Twitter. “Millions showed up. Today, @ChickfilA betrayed loyal customers for $$. I regret believing they would stay true to convictions of founder Truett Cathey. Sad.”

Billy Hallowell, a Christian writer, called the move “weak and needless and senseless.”

“I definitely won't view them the same,” Hallowell wrote. “I knew what I was getting at Target and Starbucks. Now, I guess I know what I'm getting there too. Which is sad.”

Radio Host Steve Deace tweeted, “#ChickfilA is a top three restaurant chain. How much more money does it really need? So to catch Subway and to get into more airports it slanders the brethren? Being one of the greatest American success stories wasn't already enough? You cannot serve two masters.”​

Meanwhile, Dan Cathey the CEO says:
Chick-fil-A’s Dan Cathy Issues Blunt Response to Accusations of Caving to LGBTQ Activists

Evangelist Franklin Graham has revealed that he personally called Chick-fil-A’s CEO Dan Cathy to seek assurances after the restaurant chain announced it would be ceasing charitable donations to the Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

While critics have accused Chick-fil-A of caving to LGBT activists, Graham insisted that, off the back of his call with Cathy, it was clear that this was not the case. “Dan was very clear that they have not bowed down to anyone’s demands, including the LGBTQ community,” Franklin wrote.

“They will continue to support whoever they want to support. They haven’t changed who they are or what they believe. Chick-fil-A remains committed to Christian values. Dan Cathy assured me that this isn’t going to change. I hope all those who jumped to the wrong conclusion about them read this.”....

“We need to be clear about who we are,” Chick-fil-A President and Chief Operating Officer Tim Tassopoulos told BizNow of the company’s controversial decision. “There are lots of articles and newscasts about Chick-fil-A, and we thought we needed to be clear about our message.”

On the company’s future donations, the BizNow report noted that “partners could include faith-based and non-faith-based charities, but the company said none of the organizations have anti-LGBT positions.” It is unclear what BizNow, or Chick-fil-A for that matter, would define as “anti-LGBT.”

The chain did explicitly state that it would be refocusing charitable funds toward the tackling of issues such as “hunger and homelessness.” That’s a confusing assertion in itself, not least because the Salvation Army is internationally renowned for its work in helping the poor and homeless — something the charity honed in on when responding to the controversy.

Arguing in defense of Chick-fil-A, Graham went on to suggest that “the gay movement wouldn’t ever be happy with Chick-fil-A unless they were open on Sunday, gave all of their charitable donations to LGBTQ organizations, and flew the rainbow flag over their stores!”

The preacher concluded that the LGBT crowd’s “hatred for Chick-fil-A is rooted in founder Truett Cathy’s strong stand for biblical “traditional” values and his desire to honor God,” values that he insists are still very much alive at the highest echelons of the company.​

A great example of why it's dumb to let your ideology control your worldview.
But alot of this conservative reaction is way over-blown too.

Chick-fil-A Fans Outraged after Company Caves, Halts Donations to FCA, Salvation Army

On social media, though, many Chick-fil-A supporters expressed disappointment the company was no longer supporting popular faith-based charities and organizations.

“In Aug 2012, I coordinated a national @ChickfilA Appreciation Day after they were being bullied by militant hate groups,” former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee wrote on Twitter. “Millions showed up. Today, @ChickfilA betrayed loyal customers for $$. I regret believing they would stay true to convictions of founder Truett Cathey. Sad.”

Billy Hallowell, a Christian writer, called the move “weak and needless and senseless.”

“I definitely won't view them the same,” Hallowell wrote. “I knew what I was getting at Target and Starbucks. Now, I guess I know what I'm getting there too. Which is sad.”

Radio Host Steve Deace tweeted, “#ChickfilA is a top three restaurant chain. How much more money does it really need? So to catch Subway and to get into more airports it slanders the brethren? Being one of the greatest American success stories wasn't already enough? You cannot serve two masters.”​

Meanwhile, Dan Cathey the CEO says:
Chick-fil-A’s Dan Cathy Issues Blunt Response to Accusations of Caving to LGBTQ Activists

Evangelist Franklin Graham has revealed that he personally called Chick-fil-A’s CEO Dan Cathy to seek assurances after the restaurant chain announced it would be ceasing charitable donations to the Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

While critics have accused Chick-fil-A of caving to LGBT activists, Graham insisted that, off the back of his call with Cathy, it was clear that this was not the case. “Dan was very clear that they have not bowed down to anyone’s demands, including the LGBTQ community,” Franklin wrote.

“They will continue to support whoever they want to support. They haven’t changed who they are or what they believe. Chick-fil-A remains committed to Christian values. Dan Cathy assured me that this isn’t going to change. I hope all those who jumped to the wrong conclusion about them read this.”....

“We need to be clear about who we are,” Chick-fil-A President and Chief Operating Officer Tim Tassopoulos told BizNow of the company’s controversial decision. “There are lots of articles and newscasts about Chick-fil-A, and we thought we needed to be clear about our message.”

On the company’s future donations, the BizNow report noted that “partners could include faith-based and non-faith-based charities, but the company said none of the organizations have anti-LGBT positions.” It is unclear what BizNow, or Chick-fil-A for that matter, would define as “anti-LGBT.”

The chain did explicitly state that it would be refocusing charitable funds toward the tackling of issues such as “hunger and homelessness.” That’s a confusing assertion in itself, not least because the Salvation Army is internationally renowned for its work in helping the poor and homeless — something the charity honed in on when responding to the controversy.

Arguing in defense of Chick-fil-A, Graham went on to suggest that “the gay movement wouldn’t ever be happy with Chick-fil-A unless they were open on Sunday, gave all of their charitable donations to LGBTQ organizations, and flew the rainbow flag over their stores!”

The preacher concluded that the LGBT crowd’s “hatred for Chick-fil-A is rooted in founder Truett Cathy’s strong stand for biblical “traditional” values and his desire to honor God,” values that he insists are still very much alive at the highest echelons of the company.​

What happened to let the market decide?

Fast food chain Chick-fil-A announced earlier this month that it would no longer give to the Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, two nonprofit organizations that have traditionally opposed LGBT causes such as marriage equality.

Trump-loving Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk on Wednesday had a complete meltdown about the chicken restaurant’s decision and howled angrily that “Chick-fil-A betrayed us” even though “we stood by them for years during every attack and controversy.”

‘Snowflake’ conservatives have white-hot meltdown over getting ‘betrayed’ by Chick-fil-A

Idiot, 'Snowflake Conservative' is a contradiction in terms. Snowflake describes idiots like you trying to troll people for a reaction because some company exercises its free right to donate to whomever they damn well please.

It is just another example of brain dead sales managers being stupid.

No wonder you have such affinity to it.

Chic Fila is going to lose customers. It is really that simple, the only mystery is why they would be so assinine.

Why should anyone care who they donate too?

What does that have to do with their food?

I read all over this board not long ago about what fantastic food they have. Yet you believe they will lose customers because of who they do or don't donate money to?

I've never been in one of their places, I don't eat deep fried food. It makes me sick ever since I was on chemo. However I've never really liked most deep fried foods. Except maybe french fries.

Personally I don't care who they donate too.

I have a feeling their customers feel the same way. They go there for the food. Not who they donate too.

I'm not outraged, feel betrayed, nor am I having a meltdown. However, if Chick-fil-A is going to go out of it's way to end it's relationship with the Salvation Army, then I'm going no longer frequent their establishments.
See how that works ?

Funny how they are being accused of “betraying” Christian values for money, yet remain closed on Sundays.

The OP is fake news.

My feelings for the business haven't changed. I see no problem with the people in charge reaching out to other camps who are in need, especially if they have never done business with them camps before anyway.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Idiot, 'Snowflake Conservative' is a contradiction in terms.

Wanna see some? Here's one.

Here's another.

Here's a third. All from different posters.

See also anything involving this:

59c9116925acc28d008b569b-750-562.jpg

Well that one guy.

They’re having a meltdown! They were betrayed! They’ll never eat there again!!!! WHAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!1!! What a bunch of snowflakes. :auiqs.jpg:

5E2B679C-B19E-4292-B01C-77874B884E3E.jpeg

Forum List

Back