Chicago sends Smollett a bill for $130k

Best argument for libertarianism is a 10 second argument with a government control fetishist like you.

Uh, huh... when you guys start living like Mad Max in a lawless wasteland, then I'll take you seriously

You guys think rights and laws are there for straight white people. When someone says, 'Hey, how about mine", that's when you all get crazy.

Faking an attack is not a Federal crime. It's not a crime under Illinois law either. There is no underlying crime to support a hate crime prosecution. This particular case against Smollett is over and there will be no further prosecution. There is still an open case involving the fake letter. It is possible that Smollett might be charged by the Feds in that case.

Possible, but not likely. The Feds didn't make a big deal about it when it was sent.

argumentum ad absurdum. Try harder.

And of course playing the race card, you terrible little man.

Naw, man, absurd is only wanting laws that protect you and not the other guy from you. You'd be the first one screaming if someone refused you service at a bakery because you were a white straight male.

So why are Blacks second class citizens in DemoKKKrat ChiKKKago?

Greg

Because Chicago is in America... where they are second class citizens.

Naw, man, absurd is only wanting laws that protect you and not the other guy from you. You'd be the first one screaming if someone refused you service at a bakery because you were a white straight male.

Greg

No, I would go to another bakery. Why would I want a product from or spend money on someone doing that?

I don't run to government over chickenshit.

Greg

So DemoKKKrats are RACIST just like OTHER Americans???

Greg

No, I would go to another bakery. Why would I want a product from or spend money on someone doing that?

Check your privilege, baby! "Wow, I've never really faced discrimination as a straight white male, but if I did I'd man up and not whine about it."

Greg

Yes, we are so racist in Chicago we just elected a black lesbian to be our mayor.

Check your privilege, baby! "Wow, I've never really faced discrimination as a straight white male, but if I did I'd man up and not whine about it."

Greg

Yes, we are so racist in Chicago we just elected a black lesbian to be our mayor.
Another Demokkkrat!! lmao Betcha she's in for a shock at her first Council meeting.

Klan-580-1024x640.jpg

Greg

Greg

Fuck checking my privilege. All that statement means is you are trying to get an "up" in a conversation that is undeserved and unearned.

Smollett moved to LA to get out of Illinois Jurisdiction. However, Smollett is an idiot and so are his lawyers, California and Illinois have extradition rights and Assuage is in a world of shit.

again, once Rahm is gone, Lightfoot will realize that this is a waste of resources...

But you keep dreaming how you are going to get this guy....

Cute but no defendant is responsible for paying for the cost of the prosecutions case against him. He can simply say I was innocent, charges dropped. Costs are on ya'll. Cya.

Hate to break it to you, but there's plenty of legal precedent.

"Many false report charges come with severe civil penalties. Defendants, like runaway brides, have not only been given stiff probations, they have also been ordered to reimburse communities that expended funds to deal with the crisis created by the false report. Defendants that lie during custody disputes can actually end up losing custody of their children if the lie is exposed. In addition to the criminal charges, a civil judge can also impose civil sanctions like the payment of attorney’s fees and contempt of court for filing a false report that is connected to a civil suit.

Filing a false report can also result in a separate civil suit. Continuing with the car example, if a defendant lies about where their car is located, the insurance company could sue a defendant for reimbursement of expenses associated with recovering the car. If a defendant falsely accuses someone of crime, which resulted in their being arrested and/or losing their jobs, then a defendant could be held financially liable for defamation. In any filing of a false report case, a defendant could find themselves defending an expensive civil and a criminal suit at the same time."

Filing a False Police Report: Penalties and Consequences

Their letter said they intended to sue if he doesn't reimburse them for the money they wasted (which sounds reasonable to me). They certainly can prove their case. So you're wrong about whether or not cities just have to eat the cost of false claims to police, and you're wrong about him being able to say, "I was innocent", since he most certainly isn't.

Forum List

Back