Chicago sends Smollett a bill for $130k

Cute but no defendant is responsible for paying for the cost of the prosecutions case against him. He can simply say I was innocent, charges dropped. Costs are on ya'll. Cya.

But he served community service and paid a $10,000 fine.

Which is probably as good as you guys are going to get.

Doesn’t it bother you he did a disservice to Blacks, gays, and all legitimate hate crime victims.

Oh wait this is not for the cost of the investigation into HIS crimes, this is for the cost of investigating his allegation of a hate crime.

Hmmm.....well charges against him for faking it were dropped so he can say they were real.

Smollet has not seen the last of his legal problems, nor have those who gave him celebrity preferential treatment....Michelle’s pal.

Shit is going to get bad.

Why are you glad he got away with a hoax?
He as not gotten away with it yet. The state and Feds can still charge him on the grounds it was a hate crime.
If this were to happen, what is the maximum sentence that he could get?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

He as not gotten away with it yet. The state and Feds can still charge him on the grounds it was a hate crime.
If this were to happen, what is the maximum sentence that he could get?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
About three to four years. Perhaps less if given time for good behavior.

The bill gag seems like just another part of the charade. Like we're stupid or something. lol. They know he isn't responsibe for their bill. It's like reality televsion, isn't it?

Mr. Smollett is going to need the 130k for his Federal Prosecution and fines. Since Smollett falsely tried to pin this crime on President Trump's supporters, the prosecution will go forward on a federal level.

No deals with Chicago state attorneys mean shit in the Federal system. The Illinois governor can't pardon him,

IMHO, mailing Fake WMD through the mail is Terrorism.

The bill gag seems like just another part of the charade. Like we're stupid or something. lol. They know he isn't responsibe for their bill. It's like reality televsion, isn't it?
Good to see you posting. Hope you are feeling a little better.

For sending them on a goose chase until false pretenses, I tend to think it isn’t the ordinary course of business.

Good to see you posting. Hope you are feeling a little better.

For sending them on a goose chase until false pretenses, I tend to think it isn’t the ordinary course of business.

Thanks, depotoo. I appreciate it. I'm feeling a little better, the pain pills are getting me through the days and nights. They're keeping me up at the moment, though. I might try to sneak down to taking ibuprofen instead for a while, those prescription ones get me wired.

I've never followed this whole thing with him to be honest. I remember the first time I saw it on the boob tube, though, I said to myself what kind of stupid stuff is this, this is a scam.

Now we're still gonna see his dude's turtle looking mug all over the tv and web nonstop, even after the charges were dropped. Ya know? I wonder what they were really up to before they got caught, whoever was really running the con game. In Chicago of all places? It had to be something evil or over the top with that bunch.

Agreed on beng pissed about the the goose chase , I can see why they'd do it, I guess. Still, the whole thing is scwewy.

And what a horrible actor during all of the tv interviews, I'd add. How'd that dude ever get into show business anyway? Gosh. You could tell he was lying right away.

Last edited:

Because it's making Right Wing heads explode. Probably the same reason you are glad Trump go away with Russian Collusion.

Doesn’t it bother you he did a disservice to Blacks, gays, and all legitimate hate crime victims.

No, not really. I'll tell you what bothers me. What bothers me is the corrupt ass Chicago PD was actually forced to do their jobs ONCE because a celebrity was involved. In 2017, only 17% of murders were resolved in Chicago, because for a variety of reason, the CPD doesn't care or has such a bad relationship with the community they can't get people to come forward.

Chicago police have solved fewer than 1 in 6 homicides in 2018: report

Smollet has not seen the last of his legal problems, nor have those who gave him celebrity preferential treatment....Michelle’s pal.

Shit is going to get bad.

I'm sure you have the baby oil and kleenex out hoping for that..

But not really.

In a couple weeks, you guys will be on to the next thing Fox News has told you really upsets you. Jussie will continue with his career. Empire (owned by Fox) isn't even firing him because he's boosted the ratings for the show.

Forum List

Back