Chicago Gang Leaders Want Jobs!! This is TOO FUNNY!

Well, I can see you're an expert on urban culture, so I guess I'll defer to you.

/sarcasm

DOLLAH DOLLAH BILLZ YA'LL
thobama_money.gif

Who said anything about "handing" them jobs?

I guess you aren't to smart are you. They WANT jobs handed to them. Sounds a bit like upside down blackmail to me.

We will stop gang banging if you get us jobs:cuckoo:

How about they stop their gang banging and FIND a job....just like every law abiding citizen does. :eusa_whistle:

Did you read the article? There's nothing in it about "demanding" getting jobs "handed" to them.

In fact, I think the article mentions an "impassioned plea" for jobs, not a "demand".

It's hard to find a job when there are no businesses in your neighborhood.

Yeah i read the article. Poor gang bangers, they are going to go after them with RICO. SSOOOO sad!

"They're giving us an ultimatum to "quit" instead of offering an alternative," said Berry.

Right. Quit your gang banging shit or go to jail. Sounds fair to me.

The gang bangers are saying...give us a reason to quit. That is wanting jobs handed to them.

If you haven't caught on yet the whole country is putting up that same "impassioned plea" for jobs.

Ok, you don't have to.

But I still don't see how your doubt makes this a "bad" thing.

Well considering I never said it was a bad thing I am not sure why you are asking me that question.

Just the impression I get from every post in this thread. I wasn't accusing you, just wondering about the tone of this thread.

Those stupid bastids need to learn that you start off at the bottom and work YO way up... especially if you have tats all over YO body and you dont know how to "not" dress all HIP HOP.
I see em all the time coming looking for work, but they look like they could be hiding they baby's momma in they pants.

Learn how to dress, learn how to speak, and most of all learn some basic peoples skills and you would be surpised what you could do in life. Until they do that.... I say FUK EM!

I guess you aren't to smart are you. They WANT jobs handed to them. Sounds a bit like upside down blackmail to me.

How about they stop their gang banging and FIND a job....just like every law abiding citizen does. :eusa_whistle:

Did you read the article? There's nothing in it about "demanding" getting jobs "handed" to them.

In fact, I think the article mentions an "impassioned plea" for jobs, not a "demand".

Yeah i read the article. Poor gang bangers, they are going to go after them with RICO. SSOOOO sad!

"They're giving us an ultimatum to "quit" instead of offering an alternative," said Berry.

The gang bangers are saying...give us a reason to quit. That is wanting jobs handed to them.

If you haven't caught on yet the whole country is putting up that same "impassioned plea" for jobs.

The problem I'm having with what you're saying is very simple:

If a man says that he wants to stop gangbanging, and get a job, I respond with "That's awesome!"

You respond with "I hope they all kill each other".

If a man says that he wants to stop gangbanging, and get a job, I respond with "That's awesome!"

Try reading what is there and not what you want it to say.

I think its GREAT that they want to stop gang banging. SSSSOOOO stop. I think its GREAT that they want to work. AWESOME!!! SSSOOOOO clean up your act, dress like a normal person and not a gang banger, speak english....AND pound the streets and FIND a job like everyone else.

Do not say. Give us a job and we will stop gang banging.

That being said. Yes i would be very happy to see them kill each other off.

I think its GREAT that they want to stop gang banging. SSSSOOOO stop. I think its GREAT that they want to work. AWESOME!!! SSSOOOOO clean up your act, dress like a normal person and not a gang banger, speak english....AND pound the streets and FIND a job like everyone else.

Yeah, they didn't say that. Perhaps you need to try reading what's there and not what you want it to say.

And what pray tell are they qualified to do? If you haven't caught on yet there are thousands of non criminals who are out of work and need jobs. In my world if there are jobs on for the taking/wanting or on "demand" then the hard working law abiding citizens of this country should be given them first.

So you're saying that they should keep killing each other and selling drugs, and leave the jobs to "hard working law abiding citizens"?

Killing each other is high on my list of GOOD THINGS. Ones less thug in the world.

But yeah, stop selling drugs, stop their gang banging shit, clean up and find a job like everyone else. Non of this this shit about HANDING them jobs because the want them. Lots of people want jobs. If they want a job they should pound the streets like everyone else does. See how far a job pushing a broom will fly.

They are trying to find a job and you are laughing about the fact that they can't.

Where does your record start skipping on this matter?

Who said anything about "handing" them jobs?

I read the article.
First they whine about being unfairly targeted (after all, they are gang members).
Then they say gangs aren't the problems, that gang activity will magically stop if they are given jobs and "contracts".

In other words...give us money, we'll stop gang banging.

...I'm having a hard time grasping why people turning from a life of crime by getting a real job is a bad thing.

Earning one's redemption is a bitch!

They be runnnin round with they pants hangin' & they be wantin work?

You can take da "G" outta da hood, but you cant take da "hood" outta da "G"

What a bunch of crybabies! Besides, I thought they all went to Washington DC to work in the white house :confused:

And so they don't find jobs and go back to crime to pay for things.

Then one day, you leave whatever shit-hole you currently live in to go on a trip to Chicago and get mugged by one of these now career-criminals who might have gone straight if people like you hadn't stood in their way and run here to talk about what a shit-hole Chicago is.

It's a vicious cycle.

The problem is they don't want to start at the bottom and work their way up, work all day and go to school at night to better themselves and climb the ladder...they want to be handed a job at the top.

And it's not just these guys...a lot of kids today have the same attitude.

Last edited:
Fucking A, if somebody would give me a good-paying job I would stop wishing my ex would die, which would allow my children to collect $648 each in social security...

So you're saying that they should keep killing each other and selling drugs, and leave the jobs to "hard working law abiding citizens"?

Killing each other is high on my list of GOOD THINGS. Ones less thug in the world.

But yeah, stop selling drugs, stop their gang banging shit, clean up and find a job like everyone else. Non of this this shit about HANDING them jobs because the want them. Lots of people want jobs. If they want a job they should pound the streets like everyone else does. See how far a job pushing a broom will fly.

They are trying to find a job and you are laughing about the fact that they can't.

Where does your record start skipping on this matter?

I use CDs lol

But seriously. I am not laughing at them for wanting to find jobs. I want them to find jobs...the good old fashioned way....by cleaning up their acts...and finding one.

Yeah, they didn't say that. Perhaps you need to try reading what's there and not what you want it to say.

He and other self-described "gang leaders" said threats from law enforcement officials will not stem the violence on the streets, only good paying jobs can do that.

And tell me, how does one find a job like this?

"All we're saying here is, 'Can you help us?' Stop putting the money in Iraq. Stop putting the money if Afghanistan. The war is right here. We heard you. Let these men get some work," added Akeem Berry Sr.

I interrupt this as saying...spend the money on US, the gangs and druggies, and not everywhere else. BRIBE us to stop gang banging, BRIBE us to stop using and selling drugs.

Sorry that doesn't work for me.

It would be a great thing, but what we are talking about here is a bunch of Criminals Demanding that we give them jobs and contracts despite the fact that they are worthless criminals.

There used to be a time in this country where you earned things, not people want to be given them.

I don't see them "demanding" jobs. I see them saying that they want to work instead of killing each other. To me, that sounds pretty reasonable.

Sure does, I just am not so quick to believe them.

Which is why 9 out of 10 of these "thugs" (many of whom joined gangs out of neccesity or for protection) will try to get a job but will failed.

Because even though many paid they're debt to society they still get the wrong end of the stick and are caught upin the system. I know a few folks I grew up with that got fucked up on some petty charges or shit they didn't even do. I know of a few situations where cops have planted shit on some kids I grew up with. They end up in boys village somewhere and in order to stay safe while they're locked up, they end up in a gang.

This attitude is dangerous. Especially those who say they'd rather the thugs "ill each other off". Don't come crying to me when you get robbed. This isnt about getting a job "at the top".

It's hard just to get a job at McDonalds these days. Especially for high school graduates trying to find work to pay for school or anything. This economy is toughest on the young and inexperienced, since MccDonalds is hiring cats with associates degrees and trade school credentials who can't find work elsewhere.

It's a shame. In the 90s it was easy to say just find a minimum wage job and work hard in school. Those days are over. Bettering yourself is damn near impossible without a criminal record. Which is why I joined the military. Then again that's not as promising as it used to be with the state of veterans right now. The American dream has been sold off by both parties, and ALL of us are effected by it.

But if this nation forgets about it's youth it will pay for it in the long run.

I would love to see the stats on that, uptown.

Please give us a link. 9 out of 10, wow, they're really just nice guys who are being held down by whitey.

I've seen the gang member interviews, and I've known gang members (mostly dead now, go figure). Guess what? They don't like working at piddly-ass jobs making minimum and getting treated like shit when they can make a LOT of money moving drugs and working for gangs. These guys don't want to work at fucking McDonald's. They want to drive nice cars, make their own schedules and hang out with their buddies. Don't we all. Gangs give them that opportunity.

Ultimately it's a choice they've made, and it's a bad one. You can lay blame wherever you like, but it is a personal choice and the only person that has any power over making that choice is the person who does make the choice.

People with criminal records can and do better themselves all the time, btw.

OK Mr Wallace "Gator" Bradley. What are your qualifications to work at McDonald's?

Have you ever used a broom before?

Scrubbed toilets?

Fried french fries?

Flipped a burger?
You know the current CEO of McDonald's started as minimum wage working cashier for McD's.
If some work their way to being a manager, then they CAN make an alright living. I think they can make up to $50K. Yes not a ton of money, but good enough for some.

"Oh naw MAN! I wanna be Mayor of Chicago!":cuckoo:
Anything might be better than our current mayor!

Forum List

Back