Chicago Gang Leaders Want Jobs!! This is TOO FUNNY!

Bullfighter

Rookie
Jun 10, 2010
It was billed as a response to Jody Weis' trick meeting with gang leaders.

But the controversial gang press conference turned out to be an impassioned plea for jobs and opportunities for former gang members and inmates who say they can't find work.

The event, which took place at 5701 W. Jackson Boulevard on Chicago's West Side was organized by former gang enforcer Wallace 'Gator" Bradley, who was at the meeting with Weis, and community activist Jim Allen, a "free and accepted Almighty Minister" of the Vice Lords Nation.

He and other self-described "gang leaders" said threats from law enforcement officials will not stem the violence on the streets, only good paying jobs can do that.

"They say its about gangs, guns and drugs," Allen said. "We say it's about jobs, opportunities and contracts."

Late last month Police Superintendent Jody Weis held a clandestine meeting with a number of gang leaders. During the meeting Weis told the leaders his department would begin to pursue RICO statues against gang members who use violence against one another.

RICO statutes allow for law enforcement officials to seize property, including vehicles and real estate, belonging to suspects. It was originally used to take down Mafia affiliates.

The gang members at the rainy press conference said the threats won't change the behaviors of young gang members.

"They're giving us an ultimatum to "quit" instead of offering an alternative," Akeem Berry said.

Other gang leaders at the press conference expressed a measure of pride in their affiliations and said gangs are not the cause of the violence: drugs are.

"You keep saying gang violence. It's drug-related. It's not gang related. It's drug related," Akeem Berry said.

Read more at:

Gang Leaders Want Jobs - Local News - Chicago, IL - News - msnbc.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

OK Mr Wallace "Gator" Bradley. What are your qualifications to work at McDonald's?

Have you ever used a broom before?

Scrubbed toilets?

Fried french fries?

Flipped a burger?

"Oh naw MAN! I wanna be Mayor of Chicago!":cuckoo:

Last edited:
What's even funnier...they're complaining that the police are "threatening" them with racketeering charges if people committing crimes can be traced back to them, and the gang leaders are saying it's the fault of da man that they're violent, and they want jobs and "contracts" (like hit man contracts? What the hell sort of contracts do they want?) and no more mean policemen shadowing them.

What a joke. It would be worth it to shut down welfare for a few years so the welfare queens go after these douchebags to pay their child support....

In the meantime, let's just send Obama to them. He can fix it. He's fixed everything else, according to a couple of deluded lefties on here.

• Banned
What's even funnier...they're complaining that the police are "threatening" them with racketeering charges if people committing crimes can be traced back to them, and the gang leaders are saying it's the fault of da man that they're violent, and they want jobs and "contracts" (like hit man contracts? What the hell sort of contracts do they want?) and no more mean policemen shadowing them.

What a joke. It would be worth it to shut down welfare for a few years so the welfare queens go after these douchebags to pay their child support....

They want goverment jobs, like maybe "Chief of de Pole ezz" or Postal Inspector.

LMAO, i dont care what job they are given. After the first week of having to show up on time, in appropriate clothing, have to, OMG, WORK and do what they are told to do, only 2 breaks and a half hour lunch, no cell phone calls, no texting..they will quit! Why? Because its to much work or its to hard.

...I'm having a hard time grasping why people turning from a life of crime by getting a real job is a bad thing.

It would be a great thing, but what we are talking about here is a bunch of Criminals Demanding that we give them jobs and contracts despite the fact that they are worthless criminals.

There used to be a time in this country where you earned things, not people want to be given them.

...I'm having a hard time grasping why people turning from a life of crime by getting a real job is a bad thing.

It would be a great thing, but what we are talking about here is a bunch of Criminals Demanding that we give them jobs and contracts despite the fact that they are worthless criminals.

There used to be a time in this country where you earned things, not people want to be given them.

I don't see them "demanding" jobs. I see them saying that they want to work instead of killing each other. To me, that sounds pretty reasonable.

I don't see them "demanding" jobs. I see them saying that they want to work instead of killing each other. To me, that sounds pretty reasonable.

And what pray tell are they qualified to do? If you haven't caught on yet there are thousands of non criminals who are out of work and need jobs. In my world if there are jobs on for the taking/wanting or on "demand" then the hard working law abiding citizens of this country should be given them first.

The thugs need to take a number and get in line like everyone else. Or do you suggest they thug their way into jobs.

Last edited:

And what pray tell are they qualified to do? If you haven't caught on yet there are thousands of non criminals who are out of work and need jobs. In my world if there are jobs on for the taking/wanting or on "demand" then the hard working law abiding citizens of this country should be given them first.

So you're saying that they should keep killing each other and selling drugs, and leave the jobs to "hard working law abiding citizens"?

The thugs need to take a number and get in line like everyone else. Or do you suggest they thug their way into jobs.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Sure does, I just am not so quick to believe them.

Ok, you don't have to.

But I still don't see how your doubt makes this a "bad" thing.

So you're saying that they should keep killing each other and selling drugs, and leave the jobs to "hard working law abiding citizens"?

Killing each other is high on my list of GOOD THINGS. Ones less thug in the world.

But yeah, stop selling drugs, stop their gang banging shit, clean up and find a job like everyone else. Non of this this shit about HANDING them jobs because the want them. Lots of people want jobs. If they want a job they should pound the streets like everyone else does. See how far a job pushing a broom will fly.

Killing each other is high on my list of GOOD THINGS. Ones less thug in the world.

But yeah, stop selling drugs, stop their gang banging shit, clean up and find a job like everyone else. Non of this this shit about HANDING them jobs because the want them. Lots of people want jobs. If they want a job they should pound the streets like everyone else does. See how far a job pushing a broom will fly.

Who said anything about "handing" them jobs?

Earning one's redemption is a bitch!

They be runnnin round with they pants hangin' & they be wantin work?

You can take da "G" outta da hood, but you cant take da "hood" outta da "G"

What a bunch of crybabies! Besides, I thought they all went to Washington DC to work in the white house :confused:

I guess you aren't to smart are you. They WANT jobs handed to them. Sounds a bit like upside down blackmail to me.

We will stop gang banging if you get us jobs:cuckoo:

How about they stop their gang banging and FIND a job....just like every law abiding citizen does. :eusa_whistle:

Earning one's redemption is a bitch!

They be runnnin round with they pants hangin' & they be wantin work?

You can take da "G" outta da hood, but you cant take da "hood" outta da "G"

What a bunch of crybabies! Besides, I thought they all went to Washington DC to work in the white house :confused:

Well, I can see you're an expert on urban culture, so I guess I'll defer to you.

/sarcasm

Ok, you don't have to.

But I still don't see how your doubt makes this a "bad" thing.

Well considering I never said it was a bad thing I am not sure why you are asking me that question.

I guess you aren't to smart are you. They WANT jobs handed to them. Sounds a bit like upside down blackmail to me.

We will stop gang banging if you get us jobs:cuckoo:

How about they stop their gang banging and FIND a job....just like every law abiding citizen does. :eusa_whistle:

Did you read the article? There's nothing in it about "demanding" getting jobs "handed" to them.

In fact, I think the article mentions an "impassioned plea" for jobs, not a "demand".

It's hard to find a job when there are no businesses in your neighborhood.

Forum List

Back