Chevy Volt Production Put On Five Week Hold

And the biggie here is the technology in the Volt. Even if the Volt itself ends production, the technology will go into other, hopefully less expensive, vehicles. People WANT these cars and with the price of oil doing nothing but climbing, demand will increase.

Time to start investing in solar charging and battery swap stations. We can do this now and decrease our demand for foreign oil by a HUGE margin...and the investment is small compared to what we pay for fossil fuels.

if there were so many people who did, they would sell, oh wait they are to expensive? well what do you know?:eek::rolleyes:

and theres a tiny weensy little issue regards technology , why it is you insist on fitting a round peg into a square hole.....oh becasue its 'good'....:lol:

people want these these cars becasue congress via CAFE standards distorts the market and willful refusal to provide for the supply of petrol that would keep them in the larger vehicles the really want.

Cars with this low a production rate, don't get started up again after a layoff. Most likely the plant gets retooled for a higher production vehicle.

yup. AND, those folks will get a union subsidy and unemployment insurance OR if they still have them after the government took them over, they will go to rubber room ( or 'layoff pool') , where in they sit and play cards while getting paid, while they wait for GM to find them some work....your tax dollar at work.

With gas nudging $4.50 where I am, my Prius has paid off BIG TIME. I still drive away from the pump with a smile. I think I spend more at Starbucks...

The Volt's technology will go into other vehicles. It's waiting for the market to catch up.

I live in California where it is not unusual for me to be surrounded by Priusi(?) on the freeway. I went to Florida last year and the kids tried to play "punch Prius"...nobody got a swing in.

We can reduce our dependence on foreign oil by huge degrees RIGHT NOW...we aren't even trying.

:lol:oh what friggin ever.....:lol:

No, but they paid billions for a road infrastructure that allowed them to flourish. Maybe they should have made the auto companies build the roads

You should look a little more closely into the history of government road projects. They started LONG before the first automobiles were made.

Yup, sure did

20-30 miles of them

Until the government invested in road infrastructure, the knock on horseless carriages was .....why would you spend so much on one of those? you have no place to drive them

In 1905 a horseless carriage cost a lot more than a $40,000 volt in current dollars

you are such a hack, seriously......

The liberal position in these Obama years has been that the ends justify the means.

I adamantly oppose that philosophy, and I admit to a little bit of schadenfreude when liberals aren't even getting the ends that they have attempted to sell America's collective soul to achieve.

I am for achieving viable alternative energy in a way which doesn't put people who depend on our present economic forces out of work and doesn't cause starvation around the world ...

So sue me.

The Chevy Volt works and by all accounts their owners love them

It not only works, but it is just as safe as gas powered vehicles.

It has been the relentless attacks by the likes of the drug addled gasbag, Rush Limbaugh, that are hurting Volt sales. Its the GOP rooting for failure once again.

RUSH stopped you from buying a Volt?????

How did Rush stop people from going out and paying twice as much as they could afford on a new car?

Please explain.

With gas nudging $4.50 where I am, my Prius has paid off BIG TIME. I still drive away from the pump with a smile. I think I spend more at Starbucks...

The Volt's technology will go into other vehicles. It's waiting for the market to catch up.

I live in California where it is not unusual for me to be surrounded by Priusi(?) on the freeway. I went to Florida last year and the kids tried to play "punch Prius"...nobody got a swing in.

We can reduce our dependence on foreign oil by huge degrees RIGHT NOW...we aren't even trying.

^ Sheer ignorance on display here folks ^

The Chevy Volt works and by all accounts their owners love them

It not only works, but it is just as safe as gas powered vehicles.

It has been the relentless attacks by the likes of the drug addled gasbag, Rush Limbaugh, that are hurting Volt sales. Its the GOP rooting for failure once again.

RUSH stopped you from buying a Volt?????

How did Rush stop people from going out and paying twice as much as they could afford on a new car?

Please explain.

Isn't it interesting how vapid people tend to be to assign Limbaugh or any other talk show host such powers that they don't have?

Regard:

Do I have the power to raise their taxes? I do not.

Do I have the power to regulate their behavior? I do not.

Do I have the power to make health care decisions for them? I do not.

Do I have the power to withhold birth control pills from them? I do not.

Do I have the power to audit their tax returns? I do not.

Do I have the power to take their little four-year-old kindergarten student's lunch and throw it away and make 'em eat something else? I do not.

Do I have the power to look into their personal life and leak the information to the media? I do not.

Is there one bit of freedom that I can deny them? Can I raise their taxes?

They want to blame me as being the person they should fear, when in fact the people doing all these things I just said I have no power to do, the Democrat Party is doing. That's who everybody's afraid of in this country.

You know that story about the four-year-old girl who had her lunch taken by the federal agent? When those stories happen, have you noticed the people involved don't want their names known? Who are they afraid of? They're afraid of Democrat Party. They're afraid of the Obama administration.

The Obama administration will take away your birth control, and if you let 'em do that, they'll tell you when you can and can't take it. And then they'll tell you when you can and can't have sex, and then they will tell you when you can or cannot have an abortion!

You give them this power, that's what they want.

I can't do any of this.

LINK

Granted the link and quote are in regard to the 'contraception' pap, and Limbaugh being a danger to women...but the point is salient none the less.

I live in California too. It seems like every other car on the road is a Prius. Since the news came out about the booming auto industry and the dramatic increase in sales, I've paid more attention to what new cars I see on the road. There are very few, and those few are dominated by the Prius.

We can reduce our dependence on foreign oil now, by producing more domestically. The regime is just too intent on destruction to do that.

It seems that the marketplace has rejected electric vehicles for hybrid vehicles. Too bad our government is too stupid or idealogical to accept it.

The Volt cost 44k. How long would you have to drive it to be cost effective? Not to mention its original intent was a prototype show car not a production vehicle.

It's just another solyndra boondoggle.

About the same price as many pickup trucks and SUV's.

We have a SUV that starts about $26K and gets 32 mpg. Full size pickups equiped like a Volt are probably around $32K. I can't tow 5,500+ lbs with a Volt. Can't haul a family of 5 with all the associated stuff kids bring along in a Volt. Your really not making an apples to apples comparision.

I can't haul stone and lumber in a toy car so you will have to excuse me if I continue to complain about high fuel prices.

I will never own nor drive one of those trinkets.

The Volt cost 44k. How long would you have to drive it to be cost effective? Not to mention its original intent was a prototype show car not a production vehicle.

We have a SUV that starts about $26K and gets 32 mpg. Full size pickups equiped like a Volt are probably around $32K. I can't tow 5,500+ lbs with a Volt. Can't haul a family of 5 with all the associated stuff kids bring along in a Volt. Your really not making an apples to apples comparision.

Yep apples to apples.
How many MPG does a Volt get?

Yes, I paid 46k for my last new Ford. Funny thing I could haul a prius in my truck. I doubt that prius could even haul a couple of boxes of tile without bottoming out.

Thanks but no thanks.

Yes, I paid 46k for my last new Ford. Funny thing I could haul a prius in my truck. I doubt that prius could even haul a couple of boxes of tile without bottoming out.

Thanks but no thanks.

Then don't buy one

But why should you care so much if others choose to buy a Volt or Prius?

Yep apples to apples.

Still uses an energy source doesn't it. We haven't had an oil shortage recently, but there have been brownouts.

Thanks but no thanks.

And I know many who only haul groceries and a few odds and ends in their trucks and SUV's.

SUV is the acronym for Status Upgrade Vehicle.

Yep apples to apples.

Still uses an energy source doesn't it. We haven't had an oil shortage recently, but there have been brownouts.

The Volt is powered by and large by Coal. There is NO denying it.

Forum List

Back