Cheesy grits with crispy bacon.

I've never had grits, but anything with cheese and bacon must be good! I probably wouldn't like the texture of grits. I don't like mushy foods like that. I could never stand the consistency of oatmeal. It always makes me gag.

I've never had catfish either. I've only eaten salt water fishes except Tilapia. I've heard catfish is good though.

Seriously? One of my very first memories is my Grandma calling me down to her house for grits. Yessir! I was in diapers, even.

Nope. Nobody ever made those in my family that I'm aware of. We are not southerners though. I don't think grits are very common here. I like corn bread though! Must have corn bread with my chili!

Hopefully sweet cornbread and not that dry crumbly stuff!
And the best thing about sweet cornbread?
Pouring whole milk over it in the morning for breakfast.:eusa_drool:

Around here, cornbread is made with sour milk. Good for cornbread. Cereal, notsomuch.

We use Buttermilk.
1 cup flour,1 cup cornmeal,1/2 tsp baking soda,1/2 tsp salt,1 cup buttermilk,1/2 cup butter,1/2 cup sugar,2 eggs,1 tbsp honey.

What kind of cornmeal. Mine was very similar. I think my problem is the type of cornmeal.

Seriously? One of my very first memories is my Grandma calling me down to her house for grits. Yessir! I was in diapers, even.

Nope. Nobody ever made those in my family that I'm aware of. We are not southerners though. I don't think grits are very common here. I like corn bread though! Must have corn bread with my chili!

Around here, cornbread is made with sour milk. Good for cornbread. Cereal, notsomuch.

We use Buttermilk.
1 cup flour,1 cup cornmeal,1/2 tsp baking soda,1/2 tsp salt,1 cup buttermilk,1/2 cup butter,1/2 cup sugar,2 eggs,1 tbsp honey.

What kind of cornmeal. Mine was very similar. I think my problem is the type of cornmeal.

Aunt Jemima yellow corn meal,but most any yellow corn meal will work.

We use Buttermilk.

Corn meal and sour milk is how we make cornbread. In a cast-iron skillet, in the oven. You gotta grease the skillet.

We use Buttermilk.

Corn meal and sour milk is how we make cornbread. In a cast-iron skillet, in the oven. You gotta grease the skillet.

We stopped using the skillet and now use a cast iron muffin pan.
They stay fresh longer and you get more of that kickass crust.

I used a cast iron skillet and baked it in the oven. I don't know. It just tasted rather bland to me. Maybe I didn't put in enough cornmeal.

Or lard. :eek: I use butter. :rolleyes:

Nope, I only use butter. Except when I make fudge, then I use margarine because it sets up better.

Note to self: Never eat ChrisL fudge.

It is awesome. Too greasy with the butter though.

I used a cast iron skillet and baked it in the oven. I don't know. It just tasted rather bland to me. Maybe I didn't put in enough cornmeal.

Nope, I only use butter. Except when I make fudge, then I use margarine because it sets up better.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

It comes out much better with margarine. That's just the way it is. Sorry if that upsets your snowflake feelings. :D

My pretty teacher taught us how to make fudge in 3rd grade. With butter.

Whatevs. I get requests for my fudge. :D

No butter, no deal! :eusa_hand:

Well, we never had any deals, so :dunno: and my fudge is way better than yours. :p

iu

As I eat some kinda white-ish brownie things with chocolate chips. Whatever it's called, it's badass!

My pretty teacher taught us how to make fudge in 3rd grade. With butter.

Well, we never had any deals, so :dunno: and my fudge is way better than yours. :p

iu

I win because I use FLUFF in my fudge. You don't even KNOW how good that makes the fudge! Fluff!

FLUFF deez! 3 tablespoons of butter in my fudge. 2/3 of a stick of butter.

Last edited:

iu

I win because I use FLUFF in my fudge. You don't even KNOW how good that makes the fudge! Fluff!

FLUFF deez! 3 tablespoons of butter in my fudge.

That's it? I think my recipe is like a stick and a half, but I use margarine instead because it is better that way. :D

Forum List

Back